Smee

Score for Assets. Make it hurt

Had a battle today on Fools Road  and secured the west side of fortress and we did an awesome defense on 2 BTR's and the troops that tried to drive up the road on the western side. Even though we received little score for it. The devastation was massive.( spectacular ). Ok here's the point the Russian Players lost 60+ tickets in one attack shouldn't the players losing major assets  lose massive score. something like  -300 to -600   per BTR lost or something like that.

There needs a massive reason beyond just the flag loss to make players/squad think, we need to keep these assets alive or we will feel it.  For I think at the minute people are very blase  

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/446240455622605672/ADA213A667DCD7FD7DAB279154E9B4CE3C193095/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:857&composite-to=*,*|2048:857&background-color=black

You may be right, but i like that people arent afraid to use the assets aggressively. The game just get that Holy shit feeling a lot more often when people use the vehicles to attack.

It's tickets that win the round and not team/squad/individual scores. The fact you took 60+ tickets off the Russian team that was a heavy blow.

I think I check my score once a round... at the next map loading screen. They are meaningless (individual points) because they are not globally tracked. I don't think anyone would care if you gave them -100, -1000 points or whatever on dying. If you triple their spawn time, that may have some effect :P 

On 8/12/2016 at 3:01 AM, Psyrus said:

I think I check my score once a round... at the next map loading screen. They are meaningless (individual points) because they are not globally tracked. I don't think anyone would care if you gave them -100, -1000 points or whatever on dying. If you triple their spawn time, that may have some effect :P 

I think you would have people saying why my squad on -9000, no one like being at the bottom. :)

i'd also like to see some award for damage to vehicles and other assets such as FOBs. I spend most of my time patrolling a defence to keep an  objective or backtracking a trail of enemies to their FOB. I get lots of kills taking down a FOB or aggressively defending but no points as I am not in the cap area unless the enemy are close which should be avoided.

The AT guy who takes down the BTR gets no reward at all, usually not even kills.

I know it is about winning but the player who sits in a defence cap zone is not necessarily the player who defended it. The AT guy who killed the BTR may have saved an objective or defended his team, I think he deserves something for this.

Sorry for digging this one up, but again playing fools road Mr O"Connor and my self killed 6 Btrs the most I've been involved  in taking out  We scored less than just getting ordinary kills. How about sticking a  x5 flag cost to the persons score. A medic gets it for healing an saving one ticket. Depriving major assets should get a reward on the score board.

Could do like Red Orchestra 2 has where if you kill someone in a friendly held position you get more points. Although the whole thing I feel like the devs are trying to do is not make people play for high scores or k/d ratios.

My main gripe is that your score won't update when the round ends. 1st example, i drove 6-7 logi-truck runs but didn't get any points at the end because i didn't die to update my score. 2nd was destroying enemy team from the FOB (3 trucks, 4 BTR's and a lot of dead enemies) only to realize that everyone in your squad got only 100-300 points average (100 points came from capping a flag).

scoring with vehicles does need to be worked on. I drove as a SL for a whole round with no points, 0 deaths and 0 kills. My squad had 4x the points of any other squad because I supported them. My gunner was with me the whole round and had 35 kills and 0 deaths. Together we wreaked about 10 vehicles. Had a few lucky escapes but had already set up repair locations so were pretty hard to deal with.

The other Squad Leaders were appreciative as my squad held a defence and took an flag while the gunner and I drove about constantly setting up fobs, assets and keeping the rally point active and effective. We would respond to requests from other leaders, did lots of taxi runs and generally harassed the enemy the whole round. 

We won and I was happy. We helped the team a lot but without the fact I had 2 fireteams sitting in active flags the whole round we would have had barely any points. 

I'd like to see points awarded for drivers in effective encounters and for transport which results in a drop.

I'd also like to see penalties for loss of assets, perhaps to the whole squad rather than the crew.

Everything should be points gained (taken from the enemy) and points lost for the team.

Or just dump the scoreboard altogether because this kind of frustration and ***-measuring is all you get out of it.

Edited by Tartantyco

On Monday, December 05, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Tartantyco said:

Or just dump the scoreboard altogether because this kind of frustration and ***-measuring is all you get out of it.

No good player has ever said this. Playing the objective and getting a good score or k/d are not mutually exclusive. Attitudes like yours are the reason we have this ridiculous scoring system. You can mount an amazing attack on an objective and take it over and shift the entire momentum of the match and you get 100 points for a flag capture... Meanwhile some chucklehead sitting a kilometer away building useless sandbags in a useless FOB is getting thousands of points. Oh, but at least we avoid the world-ending apocalyptic scenario of someone being rewarded for killing an enemy!

2 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

What are you even talking about, @Valdr?

So, you want me to explain your own post to you since you have already forgotten you wrote it?

12 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

No, I want you to make sense because nothing you just said was relevant to my comment.

It was, because I'm not stupid enough to believe you or anyone else when you try to somehow argue that removing the scoreboard leads to better teamplay. It leads to you being able to hide your bad scores. A good player can play the game properly and get a good K/D, but bad players prefer to live in a world where they can insist that they put the team first and thats why they went 3-12.

1 minute ago, Valdr said:

It was, because I'm not stupid enough to believe you or anyone else when you try to somehow argue that removing the scoreboard leads to better teamplay. It leads to you being able to hide your bad scores. A good player can play the game properly and get a good K/D, but bad players prefer to live in a world where they can insist that they put the team first and thats why they went 3-12.

Oh look, it's a bunch of stuff I didn't say.

On 12/5/2016 at 8:31 AM, suds said:

scoring with vehicles does need to be worked on. I drove as a SL for a whole round with no points, 0 deaths and 0 kills. My squad had 4x the points of any other squad because I supported them. My gunner was with me the whole round and had 35 kills and 0 deaths. Together we wreaked about 10 vehicles. Had a few lucky escapes but had already set up repair locations so were pretty hard to deal with.

The other Squad Leaders were appreciative as my squad held a defence and took an flag while the gunner and I drove about constantly setting up fobs, assets and keeping the rally point active and effective. We would respond to requests from other leaders, did lots of taxi runs and generally harassed the enemy the whole round. 

We won and I was happy. We helped the team a lot but without the fact I had 2 fireteams sitting in active flags the whole round we would have had barely any points. 

I'd like to see points awarded for drivers in effective encounters and for transport which results in a drop.

I'd also like to see penalties for loss of assets, perhaps to the whole squad rather than the crew.

Everything should be points gained (taken from the enemy) and points lost for the team.

Should also get points for picking up and bringing transporting them distances,  especially extra points for from main and close to objectives. It would give you points based on each unique person who got in and out, if they were in your squad, and a timer/certain distance that must be traveled before the same person could count for points again.

Edited by Catindabox

Honestly, I hate the fact people are afraid to use assets. We hoof it across maps because people are too afraid to drive. People don't use the humvee, gun trucks, or even BTRs quite as aggressively as I think they should. Even support fire from across the map is risky to most teams. I wish their value dropped a little, so people would use them more.

12 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

Oh look, it's a bunch of stuff I didn't read.

Fixed that for you.

You're either astoundingly bad at reading or you don't understand the basic concept of someone accusing you of making things up to cover for something else.

Edited by Valdr

Here's a simple thought: Add some powerful vehicles that are actually able to decide whether or not you will win the game + a good amount of spawn time for that vehicle if it blows up. Thank me later.

18 hours ago, Nikko B said:

Honestly, I hate the fact people are afraid to use assets. We hoof it across maps because people are too afraid to drive. People don't use the humvee, gun trucks, or even BTRs quite as aggressively as I think they should. Even support fire from across the map is risky to most teams. I wish their value dropped a little, so people would use them more.

Part of it is the play style of the game, at best the team is split into attacking and defending different points.  This means properly supporting a vehicle can severely under man one or both points.  This should be made up for by the effectiveness of the vehicle, but it usually never pans out that way.  Most maps are too tight to use vehicles without either constant movement, or squad support, both of which negate its effectiveness.

Further compounding the issue is spawning in general.  There is basically the real possibility of 'infinite' enemy troops at a target location, which greatly reduces the firepower advantage they provide.  Wiping out a room full of enemies only works for the 1min or less it takes for them to respawn, while it usually takes way more than a minute for the vehicle to rearm and repair.

The game is about attrition, and the cost/kill ratio of vehicles is high.  Loosing one vehicle can easily negate any effect it had ticket wise, unless you took significant ground in the process.  Killing 30 people and getting blown-up in the BTR is a wash, all while risking getting blown-up before you fire a shot.

Maybe the solution is to limit vehicle spawns, and not count them as tickets.

1 hour ago, FunYun said:

Maybe the solution is to limit vehicle spawns, and not count them as tickets.

Removing tickets from them completely would be incredibly unfair to the people who destroy them

19 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

Removing tickets from them completely would be incredibly unfair to the people who destroy them

How is a game mechanic that applies to everyone unfair?

Is the point of the game to win, or to personally achieve a high score on the scoreboard?