kgino1045

ADS ZOOM thing when you hold your breath really need the 'OPTION' for SERVER

I really like PR and SQUAD is more then that, I was fully expecting and so admire the developers and i was really hope to this game is going well, and this expectation makes me really want to play team base hardcore game, 

BUT

this ADS zoom things really makes me Huge disappointment that also makes me don't want to play this game anymore

this is really stupid and i know that i'm also stupid, and i really really REALLY don't want to leave SQUAD since it will be Awesome hardcore game that none of other game has done before.

So to figure this problem (for the people who suffering because of this unrealistic things happening), the Devs should add the option for the server to 

Zoom when you hold your breath in ADS, or Not a single zoom as pr when you hold your breath in ADS

If server things is taking too much jobs then i don't care to give game option for clients to no zoom when we hold our breath in ADS

Let me please to enjoy this game, i don't want ask to devs and give them burden anymore and anythings to add in this game since they already made fantastic jobs but this

Have a read of this thread then see if you feel the same way :)

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/2130-focus/?hl=zoom

I feel kind a same way but seems like devs don't want to argue with this things anymore,

they keep talking about pixel things that people can't engage those tiny targets because it's small when target is too far in 200~300m, so they need to add zoom things that people can now engage the enemy

However it dosen't matter, that's makes how iron sights inaccuracy works IRL not a single zoom things really need in this game when we hold our breath

and that's reason why the ACOG came out in to battle field, Visual Magnifier is for SCOPE Not the Iron sight or Laser dot.

but devs are behaving as if we are not understanding this feature in knowledge way.

Atleast i hope devs makes those zoom less then today version like 1.1x

kinda sad to heard this feature will be none adjustable

and seems like i have no choice.

Don't play the game then. You guys are really ticking me off. Stop trying to hold the devs hostage by saying you won't play unless they change this or that. If it's such a a huge deal to you then don't play.

Sorry, but I've just had it with this crap

Stop trying to hold the devs hostage by saying you won't play unless they change this or that. If it's such a a huge deal to you then don't play.

It won't work. There is a very vocal part of the community, but they are fortunately the vast minority.

We do value input, but many of the controversial issues that affects every single player in the game we try to address as they come up and publicly state the reasons why we chose the path we did.

We rarely satisfy the loud voices, but to be totally and completely honest, they are often very biased and have had some kind of bad experience that makes them tunnel vision on to one little thing instead of looking at the game as a whole.

Take the PiP scopes... I don't know how many times I have seen "I'm not playing the game if it doesn't have PiP scopes"... I'm actually fine with that, if that was THE ultimate game breaker for them, then I don't think they fit in to the community we are trying to shape anyway.

Hard words, but I think most people can agree with them if they look at things without emotions involved in their arguments.

/rant

EDIT:

Atleast i hope devs makes those zoom less then today version like 1.1x

For the record, the FOV shift we do in focused ADS mode roughly equates to that level of magnification that you are requesting there, perhaps a tiny bit more.

kgino, there are going to be many aspects of gameplay that Squad is going to introduce that will offer a completely fresh and exciting teamplay atmosphere. if this one detail is what you choose to hang onto without even testing it first for yourself, then honestly i think it'll be your loss. and a big one at that.

perhaps ask if any of your friends are getting it and ask if you can play at their house or something. to try it before you pledge any money, if you don't want to wait.

For the record, the FOV shift we do in focused ADS mode roughly equates to that level of magnification that you are requesting there, perhaps a tiny bit more.

what about the feature i request in first to make an option?

Maybe, by no means a priority to make people unable to use the sights, but if it will shut up the doubters I may put it on the lowest tier of priorities and watch the feature never be enabled hehe :)

kgino, there are going to be many aspects of gameplay that Squad is going to introduce that will offer a completely fresh and exciting teamplay atmosphere. if this one detail is what you choose to hang onto without even testing it first for yourself, then honestly i think it'll be your loss. and a big one at that.

perhaps ask if any of your friends are getting it and ask if you can play at their house or something. to try it before you pledge any money, if you don't want to wait.

Good avice

It won't work. There is a very vocal part of the community, but they are fortunately the vast minority.

We do value input, but many of the controversial issues that affects every single player in the game we try to address as they come up and publicly state the reasons why we chose the path we did.

We rarely satisfy the loud voices, but to be totally and completely honest, they are often very biased and have had some kind of bad experience that makes them tunnel vision on to one little thing instead of looking at the game as a whole.

Take the PiP scopes... I don't know how many times I have seen "I'm not playing the game if it doesn't have PiP scopes"... I'm actually fine with that, if that was THE ultimate game breaker for them, then I don't think they fit in to the community we are trying to shape anyway.

Hard words, but I think most people can agree with them if they look at things without emotions involved in their arguments.

/rant

EDIT:

Totally agree. These are not hard words but wise words

There is no zoom IRL sure. You also have 180deg FOV in real life, instead of cramming 90deg into a small monitor. If you acknowledge this, then the "zoom" isn't simulating cyborg eyes, but compensating for the pixel compression. Pics for clarity.

3K9JHyZ.png

Either way there are plenty of mechanics that make ironsight shooting difficult already. Its not going to be easy to shoot people at a distance, especially since there is ballistics simulation. Once we're all playing on Oculus/Vive with 140+ degrees FOV in-game, then we can start calling no-zoom the realistic approach. As my illustration shows, since you're cramming 90 degrees into 45 degrees fov, you could theoretically halve the rendered FOV to achieve 1:1 spatial scale and still be approaching "Realism", which will feel much like "2x zoom."

Maybe, by no means a priority to make people unable to use the sights, but if it will shut up the doubters I may put it on the lowest tier of priorities and watch the feature never be enabled hehe :)

Fine, then i'll wait it until my thought changed or this feature will available.

I'm sorry if I am sounding harsh, but there are at least 5 threads about this already, and if that is the one feature that makes you not want to play the game, then I guess we will see you when we see you.

I am confident that you will change your mind when you try it for yourself. Nearly all all tactical shooters that try to be realistic from Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield to ARMA 3 has this feature, for a good reason.

Hope to see you on the battlefield some day.

There is a very vocal part of the community, but they are fortunately the vast minority

Oh, how I wish this was the case with the detractors of the STHUD-style radar.

:P

I'll see you on the battlefield kgino, there's no damn way a feature like this would force anyone to stop playing the game. 

All you are trying to do is somehow leverage the money, which I might add you've probably already given to the developers, against some feature you don't want added in the game. As Z-trooper has mentioned, it wont work.

tbh im all for a little zoom and games like RO2 i feel a little annoyed without it(server settings i know).. i've always looked at that little extra zoom as more of a 'focus' on your target before shooting.. since your eyes can actually focus while looking down a site i think its quite legit in a game

..or respawns .. We are playing realistic enough GAME not simulator (which is more or less impossible to do in our current technology or atleast would not be fun to be electroshocked everytime you die in simulator .. well someone might actually like it.). Is it annoying to have separate focus? I personally feel so I much more prefer system where it is bundled to ADS/AIM (one key less to push). I'm waiting to see what it feels like in closed-alpha. Until then I shut down on this subject. :)

There is no zoom IRL sure. You also have 180deg FOV in real life, instead of cramming 90deg into a small monitor. If you acknowledge this, then the "zoom" isn't simulating cyborg eyes, but compensating for the pixel compression. Pics for clarity.

3K9JHyZ.png

Either way there are plenty of mechanics that make ironsight shooting difficult already. Its not going to be easy to shoot people at a distance, especially since there is ballistics simulation. Once we're all playing on Oculus/Vive with 140+ degrees FOV in-game, then we can start calling no-zoom the realistic approach. As my illustration shows, since you're cramming 90 degrees into 45 degrees fov, you could theoretically halve the rendered FOV to achieve 1:1 spatial scale and still be approaching "Realism", which will feel much like "2x zoom."

Great post as usual.

How about we remove the whole weapon sway and go back to the way PR did it with deviation, it was a more realistic way in my opinion. In real life it is not as hard to hit a target from 50m away then in Squad. and Arma is a great example of how not to do it. This feature makes it more and more clunky and if these kind of features keep being added it will become like arma to control. Just the more simple the better i'd say.

If anything - I'm wholeheartedly GLAD to see change from how PR does it.  PR is PR - Squad isn't PR.

Surely PR is the base concept of Squad but there's no sense in 100% copying a game that's already created - You have to have faith that the Devs have their interests in IMPROVING upon the PR system.

Sooner or later the parts of the community who have not realized this are going to have to.  Will this be the final result for ADS - Who knows?! We haven't even gotten to closed pre-alpha yet...

Give it a chance. Wait til you get your hands on it for a bit... THEN if you still don't like it or feel it needs tweaking by all means complain.

Overall though, Have some faith in the Devs... they're working hard on bringing us all what looks to be an amazing game.

15 minutes ago, kgino1045 said:

What happen to this feature? seems like removed? thanks for me btw.

No, it wasn't removed. Zoom was added a long time ago and I'm sure it's one of the many features under review as it's part of the entire shooting system in general, which is under scrutiny now by Sgt. Ross. 

40 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

No, it wasn't removed. Zoom was added a long time ago and I'm sure it's one of the many features under review as it's part of the entire shooting system in general, which is under scrutiny now by Sgt. Ross. 

i can't zoom it with ironsight, no keybinds for them too i think.

On 6/28/2015 at 5:37 AM, love4no1 said:

How about we remove the whole weapon sway and go back to the way PR did it with deviation, it was a more realistic way in my opinion. In real life it is not as hard to hit a target from 50m away then in Squad. and Arma is a great example of how not to do it. This feature makes it more and more clunky and if these kind of features keep being added it will become like arma to control. Just the more simple the better i'd say.

The fact that we have weapon sway instead of deviation is the whole reason I play Squad and not PR anymore. I hate deviation. I have no problem shooting people at distance because the first thing I do after aiming down sight is focus. Perhaps the weapon sway isn't that realistic in its current state but deviation is worse.