Woulve

Game crashes on startup, Fatal error

Hey guys, unfortunately I have the problem that my game crashes right on startup, and i get a window saying the following:

"The UE4-Squad Game has crashed and will close

Fatal error:

[File:D:\build_412\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\LinkerLoad.cpp] [Line: 3355]

Texture2D/Game/Particles/Textures/Impacts/Litimpact2.Litimpact2: Serial size mismatch: Got -742, Expected 31719681"

Is there something i can do about this or should I just wait for an upcoming patch?

Thanks for help,

Woulve

Upload your crashdump

You can find the log file at this location: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Squad\Saved\Logs

To open it directly, press your [Windows] key and [R] at the same time, then copy-paste the location, before hitting [Enter].

There you will see multiple UE4... folders.

Then right-click the folders, choose "send to" >> "zip". Upload the zip file somewhere and link it here.

Hello and welcome to Squad @Woulve,

due to the fact that only a few people get a crash during startup, I guess there is a problem on your side.

Provide us with basic information, then we might be able to hint you in the right direction.

• Since when do you own/play Squad.
  • Were you able to play Squad before?
  • What are your system specs?
    • CPU
    • GPU
    • RAM
    • O/S
  • What have you already tried to fix this issue?

PS.: I cannot analyze the *.dmp files you provided. - I'm not a dev.

Sorry for the Iate answer, I play Squad since May I think, and i was able to play before the vehicles update came. My system specs are:

Intel core i5-2500 4x3.3 ghz

GTX 960 windforce 4gb

Motherboard: Intel DP67BA 

12 gb 1333 ghz ram

Windows 10

Last night I uninstalled and deleted all files from squad and downloaded it again, but now everytime I start squad the loading window shows up, the for a split second a fullscreen window opens and immediately closes again, without any error warning windows. Also i tried running as administrator, but nothing changed.

Ok, so apparently this was a driver issue, I just completely reinstalled my graphic's card driver and it works fine now.

I'm having this  SAME exact problem every time I run squad. I get the same fatal error message about build 412. This game is now UNPLAYABLE!

My specs

CPU: i5-6600k

GPU: gtx 1070 strix OC

ram: DDR4 16gb