Starbricks

Medic-nation

Hello my brother of Squad! I am one of those dudes who, no meter which faction or game mode, is going to take care about your "dead" body under enemy fire screaming; " don t give up mate, doc is here!!"... We always have a smile and an extra field bandage if you don t have any, we try our best to keep you alive and ready to shot down some Tango...

We are MEDICS!

So loom like after the release of V7 we are out of bino, a welcome change imo, shifting a bit our role, focusing even more on the close action but less useful for the squad itself  during long walk or quiet period of the game.

I am here to gather all the innovation we can think of to make this amazing role even better and more fun for everyone out there (yeah... is still the less played role in SQUAD!).

My idea is to create 2 kind of class for the combat medic, both medic indeed and both worthy to fit in a 9/9 men SQUAD:

"heavy combat medic" , very similar to the current medic class with a tiny change

- primary weapon

- no secondary weapon 

- current amount of smoke

- medic bag

- field bandage ( one extra bandage instead of the current amount)

- 1 morphine shot (revive at 40% health  immediately the soldier without previous bandage appliance)

- no tool

"tactical/light' combat medic", less beefy on the medical point of view but more firepower

-primary weapon

- no secondary weapon

- 1 frag 

- 1 white smoke 

-  medic bag

- filed bandage ( 4 charge all up)

- tool

In conclusion I would like to suggest to change the infinite ammo for the medic bag, put something like a % and then we to resuply in order to heal up our teammates again... the reason is simple: I ve seen to many colleague going medic just for the sake to heal themself over and over and over, not being really useful for the squad. 

Tell me how you would change or re-imagine the combat medic! 

Cya 

ps: boys that scream:" i can t feel my legs!!!!" get priority! haha

No to grens for medics. I find myself in Rambo situations far too often playing medic and my squads been downed and wouldn't want to encourage that style of play from the class. Give them a gren and players will go on the offensive carriyng the ability to heal themselves from minor wounds.

A choice of kit selection within the medic role ie more smokes/less bandages - red dot/iron sight+foregrip may be included in the future but I hope it will not include a choice for a gren.

Must confess that I have not figured out how MedicV7 appeals to me, having spent xxx hours as medic in v6.

Optics was fun, filled up that spare time on foot, now there is wheels.

Less smoke, direct impact on efforts to revive team, cannot find a reason to this change.

On 10.8.2016 at 8:21 AM, Starbricks said:

My idea is to create 2 kind of class for the combat medic, both medic indeed and both worthy to fit in a 9/9 men SQUAD:

"heavy combat medic" , very similar to the current medic class with a tiny change

- primary weapon

- no secondary weapon 

- current amount of smoke

- medic bag

- field bandage ( one extra bandage instead of the current amount)

- 1 morphine shot (revive at 40% health  immediately the soldier without previous bandage appliance)

- no tool

Just wanted to point out that this doesn't make any sense at all from a medical perspective.

If you just push morphine into someone bleeding, he will just die quicker.

Who's side are you really on here!? :o

Additionally, as far as I know, every US soldier, medic or not, carries a pistol and it is mandatory, but correct me if I'm mistaken.

My point is authenticity. I wouldn't want to see Squad becoming more arcade than it already is and provides authentic gear and 'classes'.

4 minutes ago, Lethargo said:

Just wanted to point out that this doesn't make any sense at all from a medical perspective.

If you just push morphine into someone bleeding, he will just die quicker.

Who's side are you really on here!? :o

Additionally, as far as I know, every US soldier, medic or not, carries a pistol and it is mandatory, but correct me if I'm mistaken.

My point is authenticity. I wouldn't want to see Squad becoming more arcade than it already is and provides authentic gear and 'classes'.

Sidearms are really widespread among US armed forces deployed in combat zones, but they have never been a mandatory for enlisted infantrymen. I agree with OP and easily would trade a pistol for just one more smoke grenade. Or just throw it away from medic kit.

But morphine to restore 40% of health... LOL, no way :)

About frag grenades... Honestly, I really want to have one. But in the same time I realize that if Medic will get a grenade, true fire support kits will have to get at least two frag grenades. Grenade spam is the real thing (currently), so it would be better to leave everything as is.

I like the idea of a "Combat medic" and a "Combat Life saver"

Combat medic gets close to the current role, more bandages, more medic tools (when implemented), lighter guns, binos and a handgun as an officer kit an SLs amount of medic smoke. Or just more white, since we dont actually need a medevac so no need for signal smoke.

Life saver kit is a rifleman first medic second, half compliment of bandages and a loadout like it currently stands but more bite. A red dot, frag(or another specialty grenade/explosive?) and one colored smoke and one white, with no binos. Maybe he doesn't have a medic bag but an adrenaline shot that brings people up from bleeding to %40 health and they need to get to the Command medic.

One medic is heavy in its role and compliments the squad leader the other is "one of the guys" medic, hes with the SAW gunner covering the corner, or assaulting a building. Because two equal medics works well and often saves the day, but should we have two fully equal medics per 9 people? Should the irregular forces have equal footing with US/RU/UK

Edited by homfri

2 hours ago, WildlifeMarshal said:

I really just want my M4 ironsights back.

What do you enjoy about the ironsights over the red dot, Wildlife? I definitely prefer the red dot and don't see any downsides.

1 hour ago, Taylor Folge said:

What do you enjoy about the ironsights over the red dot, Wildlife? I definitely prefer the red dot and don't see any downsides.

My guess are engaging targets accurately at ~100m+, because the red dot starts to hide the target, meaning the shooter starts to guesstimate.

With iron sights you can aim accurately, they just suck in CQB for obvious reasons.

Give Medic ability to mercy kill opponents, beats an extra smoke grenade )

10 minutes ago, Smee said:

Give Medic ability to mercy kill opponents, beats an extra smoke grenade )

OMG, you do know that's against the Geneva convention. It's not as if the downed opponent had his body torn apart and is beyond saving in Squad. As a medic you should be saving all lives but, as it's a game, we're allowed to just laugh at their ridiculous stance and run on by. Besides if you kill him the sooner he's back in the fight.

Ok, let's revive the opponents so we can kill them again, and again  till they give in .joke

Not sure if it's patched out but you can revive enemies. Just have a buddy handy and hope he wasn't throwing a grenade when he was killed though. 

Death isn't punishing enough yet to make the medic class as strong as it should be or has been in PR or other military sim style games.

*Edit*

We also need a "support" class carrying ammo bags or something (with smokes/bandages ect.). Too many times medic uses smoke twice. and then runs out. Pretty much at this point medic dies to get new bandages/smokes. Its counter intuitive for mechanics sustained combat.

Edited by KCIV

+1 for an extra smoke!

And if players could please follow the simple instruction of "crawl to me" rather then standing back up and going Rambo on 10% health 

The only thing I don't like playing medic is.. teammates. I find it way too frustrating to play medic in public games when you revive someone, they ignore your instructions ("let's fall back a bit and then I'll heal you" or "stay prone, hot revive") and get themselves killed. I only find myself playing medic nowadays when I'm playing with clan members.

Or worse... you're about to bandage a teammate who's down, and they give up -_-

To all medics out there.. thank you! :) 

4 hours ago, Arcapse said:

The only thing I don't like playing medic is.. teammates. I find it way too frustrating to play medic in public games when you revive someone, they ignore your instructions ("let's fall back a bit and then I'll heal you" or "stay prone, hot revive") and get themselves killed. I only find myself playing medic nowadays when I'm playing with clan members.

I feel you my man... i do feel you! A minute of silence for all those bandages used for people who give up the second later!!!!! 

22 hours ago, Arcapse said:

Yeah. Sometimes being a medic feels like you are herding cats.

But the medic is the best beginner class IMHO. As a medic you keep close to your team mates and you always know what you have to do, even if the Squadlead is the stoic silent type.

I was just wondering how other medics feel about dividing the duties between a squad with the appropriate 2 medic.

I often see  both medics near each other on the squads 6, and frankly it give me the collywobbles, think one flanking troop or proficient/lucky grenadier can cripple the squad by taking out both medics in one go.

My preference is a SQL medic and a fire-team medic, as so  often the squad will split into to groups for flanking or defence maneuvers. 

Having a dedicated SQL medic means there is always someone near to revive the most important member, smoke, dig, and place rally points, cover fire, and remain revivable as they are away from the fire team medic. 

I'm not saying this is the best way, and it working depends 100% on how the SQL uses his SQD, but would love to hear other medics opinions on best practice for a 2 medic SQD.