Smee

Found my limit, for player names

Was playing on the Mumblines server tonight and had player join called  "I f#ck dog for $10" . It's the first player I've kicked just for name. Couldn't se  myself saying that.  He then grenade the truck and changed teams. Think he's going to make  lots of friends lol

ive ran into this as well where a guys name was [kkk] killer kids klan or something close to that but there are always people that chose stupid names because they can

I have seen eveything, I mean everything.

Yesterday I was in a Squad with "Nazi Barney" and "Wehrmacht Ben", they said they will give us the iron cross if we kill enough enemies.

Not sure if they ware just trolling or real nazis, but it just didnt feel right to me.

7 minutes ago, Pvt.Chill said:

Yesterday I was in a Squad with "Nazi Barney" and "Wehrmacht Ben", they said they will give us the iron cross if we kill enough enemies.

Not sure if they ware just trolling or real nazis, but it just didnt feel right to me.

of course the german feels upset about names)

If someone wants to be stupid with their name, don't give them attention. it's that simple.

15 minutes ago, Zhigunov said:

of course the german feels upset about names

Why shouldnt I feel offended by that?

My grandfather was ordered to sit on a anti-aircraft gun when he was 14 and was "lucky" to get alive into a russian detention center after that.

There is nothing to glorify about the nazis, so I have no understanding for this shit at all.

Edited by Pvt.Chill

16 minutes ago, Pvt.Chill said:

There is a third option. They might just have been partaking in some tasteless roleplay and just having fun. I understand these thing can be really offensive to some but try to judge their tone to get the feeling if they're genuinely messing about or not.

OPs disputed player name is obviously ment to shock and offend so happy he got kicked. 

I think its difficult to say Wehrmacht = Nazis. 

My Grandma basically went through the same Story as Chills, beeing forced to work on an AA gun unt il she ran away. But seriously, not all Soldiers have been Nazis. Not even close to all the Wehrmacht. Best example Erwin Rommel, the "Desert Fox", legendary General of Wehrmacht, 

was forced by the Nazis to suicide himself cause he was considered a conspiracist. After that the Nazis used his "natural" death for Propaganda. 

As a matter of fact allthough, the Wehrmacht was a pretty dope army. Without any glorification seen objectively, they have been the most evolved army back in that time. Tactically and Technically. 

Anyway, 

there always will be stupid names, so just ignore them, in that special case i would offensevily call the guy "Dogfuck" i guess. If he plays okay, good. If not Dogfuck gets a kick. 

Edited by runningDuck

5 minutes ago, runningDuck said:

I think its difficult to say Wehrmacht = Nazis.

For sure, but they were both mates and Mr. Wehrmacht was at least acting like a nazi.

8 minutes ago, Pvt.Chill said:

For sure, but they were both mates and Mr. Wehrmacht was at least acting like a nazi.

I know, in that case pretty obvious. Just wanted to clarify the general aspect. 

6 minutes ago, Pvt.Chill said:

I take it you were playing on a German server? If so I have to believe they were trolling before anything else. Some people are stupid and should be ignored. The annonimity that the Internet provides promotes these idiots. Admins is really the only solution in these cases. 

Those two players were obviously Americans. I think it wasnt even a German server. But that shouldnt be relevant.

Edited by Pvt.Chill

2 minutes ago, Pvt.Chill said:

Those two players were obviously americans.

There can be bad eggs in every henhouse so please don't single any particular one.

Just by the way, 

in games which actually feature the Wehrmacht as a playable Faction its way more common to have those kinda names. 

I remember in Red Orchestra 2 was players calling themselfs SS-Fritz , SS-Hans and so on. 

In Company of Heroes two there is whole clans calling themselfs 88. SS Totenkopfdivision. 

But as Major Trouble already said, its a problem of the internet. 

3 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

There can be bad eggs in every henhouse so please don't single any particular one.

That was not my intention there.

Just said that because you asked for the servers location.

6 minutes ago, Pvt.Chill said:

I think it wasnt even a German server. But that shouldnt be relevant.

If not a German server it could be just like I said, tasteless roleplay. If on a obvious German server then I would go with trolling. There is definitely a difference to be made.

43 minutes ago, Pvt.Chill said:

Why shouldnt I feel offended by that?

My grandfather was ordered to sit on a anti-aircraft gun when he was 14 and was "lucky" to get alive into a russian detention center after that.

There is nothing to glorify about the nazis, so I have no understanding for this shit at all.

Because, what bugs you or doesn't bug you does not affect anyone else except you, to be frank, you, nor I, nor anyone elses feelings matter)

*Edit*

My great grandfather loved Germany in the '40s)))

Edited by Zhigunov

6 minutes ago, Zhigunov said:

Because, what bugs you or doesn't bug you does not affect anyone else except you, to be frank, you, nor I, nor anyone elses feelings matter

I thought we were talking here about our own personal limits for player names?

Well, this exceeded my personal limit.

Yeah keep it on track , admin have big hammers in these forums :)

On 10.8.2016 at 11:58 AM, Pvt.Chill said:

I thought we were talking here about our own personal limits for player names?

Well, this exceeded my personal limit.

Seriously people, it is the internet, the collection of the best and the worst people this planet has to offer.

If you're going to be offended just because some kids high on sugar named themselves something nazi, you might as well log off, rip the plug out of the wall and hide under the bed until Jesus comes back to take you to paradise where words won't hurt and everybody is a winner.

Since you're German though, and based on your reaction, I assume you have been indoctrinated in school all your life to not think for yourself in regards of anything WW2/Nazism, but seriously, take off the blinders and realize that it is OK to not lose your shit as a German just because some kid names himself like that.

"I'm offended!" , or rather the political correct nonsense behind it, is the worst nonsense of the 21st century. This and Coke Zero of course.

What I mean is, the problem aren't some obviously meaningless retards trying to get you, it is you who bends over and let them... (and Coke Zero).

Addendum I: For all special snowflakes -> [Trigger warning!]

Addendum II: Tumblr safe-space is that way -> *trap door to hell disguised as tumblr link*

3 hours ago, Lethargo said:

I assume you have been indoctrinated in school all your life to not think for yourself in regards of anything WW2/Nazism, but seriously, take off the blinders and realize that it is OK to not lose your shit as a German just because some kid names himself like that.