Smee

Found my limit, for player names

If you name is inappropriate in anyway you need to change it !!!

-racism

-profanity words

-too long

- confusing / just symbols 

Edited by Krypton56

I think we're playing a game. Not more, not less.

Therefore sometimes I see names, that don't taste well:

There are a lot of Nazi's out there (and they see their Squad playing as a self-defense training simulator), or some stupid ones, that cry most of the time "alla-snackbar" or how it is spellt ;-). Don't get me wrong, doing sometimes a bitter-flavored joke is part of the internet, but sometimes it feels like those persons find them self in an environment, where social behavoir isn't part of beeing part of the communitiy.

I've seen some of the warcrimes IS does, and I really don't like guys behave like thei are on ISIS warground. This is what FPS-critics use for their argumentation, to abandon such games.

And I don't like the idea that I am unasked and "forced" to give those scumbags the things they want to have: Victims on the warground, sparring partners on how they train their war on RL-societies.

This is y sometimes I think some names are "over the top" and if I where an admin, I would kick them. Nobody want's to play with "Childrapist 88" or some similar shit.

55 minutes ago, Lethargo said:

Of course it's my opinion, I can only speak for myself after all.

So you should learn the difference between indoctrination and elucidation, your assumption is wrong.

I can rely on eye-witnesses I spoke to and can also make my personal opinion based on those, that has nothing to do with propaganda.

But as a German I feel a particular responsibility not letting this dreadful events happen again.

I am not responsible for the actions of my ancestors at all, but I dont have to accept people glorifying the Third Reich. Thats what we all should have learned from history. I know this is the internet and I am not stupid, I cant stop anybody from doing those silly things, but I just dont have to accept them.

my 2¢

Edited by Pvt.Chill

Unfortunately chaps this has been happening since day dot of the online gaming,nothing new. This idiots with foul user names,just kick them out of the Squad & if everyone does this eventually they might change it.

I'm proud to have my user name for over 16yrs. :D

The names i hate the most are stupid symbols or numbers, hey mr..... dot. give some suppressive fire.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Unfortunately chaps this has been happening since day dot of the online gaming,nothing new. This idiots with foul user names,just kick them out of the Squad & if everyone does this eventually they might change it.

we remove players from our server just letting them know there welcome back if they change there name. if we all did there would be no issue as people would have no choice.

I've found that the people in this game, especially on these forums, are incredibly over sensitive and easily offended by things that they really shouldn't care about. If a name isn't particularly racist or anything like that it really shouldn't matter to anyone. People around here seem to forget that just because it's a game focused on some realism it doesn't mean that it still isn't a game, which is a toy for children to have fun with on their spare time and not to be taken seriously.

I've noted my limit for player names is when the name are overtly racist so this is on topic.

44 minutes ago, GreaseGunner said:

I've found that the people in this game, especially on these forums, are incredibly over sensitive and easily offended by things that they really shouldn't care about. If a name isn't particularly racist or anything like that it really shouldn't matter to anyone. People around here seem to forget that just because it's a game focused on some realism it doesn't mean that it still isn't a game, which is a toy for children to have fun with on their spare time and not to be taken seriously.

I've noted my limit for player names is when the name are overtly racist so this is on topic.

A name says a lot about a person. I doubt a player with some edgy name is going to communicate and adhere with what their squad is doing. This is not a "toy for children", last time I checked most players that play Squad are mature teens or adults.

Edited by Maki

2 hours ago, GreaseGunner said:

Personally I'm not offended by anything all I'm trying to do is enforce it as a little respect is a good thing and having disrespectful names usually means there going to be disrespectful either not listening or just being a general ***. And with the symbols and stuff you have to remember the game is about communication and having a name that cannot be said is stupid.

1 hour ago, Maki said:

A name says a lot about a person. I doubt a player with some edgy name is going to communicate and adhere with what their squad is doing. This is not a "toy for children", last time I checked most players that play Squad are mature teens or adults.

yep totally agree

You'd think some of the folks in this thread had just got on the Internet for the first time yesterday and were shocked to learn that people enjoy being the vile shitheads that society won't allow them to be in real life. I've seen 90 year old grandmas online who have thicker skin than some of you.

Edited by lawnboy

15 minutes ago, Krypton56 said:

Personally I'm not offended by anything all I'm trying to do is enforce it as a little respect is a good thing and having disrespectful names usually means there going to be disrespectful either not listening or just being a general ***. And with the symbols and stuff you have to remember the game is about communication and having a name that cannot be said is stupid.

yep totally agree

Don't forget us "Mature Gentlemen" or for short "Old F***ers"!! :D

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

33 minutes ago, lawnboy said:

You'd think some of the folks in this thread had just got on the Internet for the first time yesterday and were shocked to learn that people enjoy being the vile shitheads that society won't allow them to be in real life. I've seen 90 year old grandmas online who have thicker skin than some of you.

This is something to be proud of?

Edited by Maki

19 minutes ago, lawnboy said:

Why have you got to slag people off, rather than doing that maybe you could make some constructive logical criticisms? just saying someone needs to grow a pair when most of us are just stating facts doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Krypton56

Just now, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Don't worry about Mr Positive,seems like he has beef with everything about Squad,not one good word to say about it.Ever!.>:(

Yeah I had a quick look to haha :D 

Perfect song to go to all his posts

Let's hope this doesn't become a big problem and we end up having restrictions like Xbox live gamer tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen so many retarded names from "Hang Trump" to "Black Is Darker Than Watter" lol and worst "I Rape Little Kids"? Really? Like wtf

Just now, ucecrushalot said:

Let's hope this doesn't become a big problem and we end up having restrictions like Xbox live gamer tag.

Wouldn't bother me if they did this just would make the idiots harder to spot :D

On August 11, 2016 at 3:27 PM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

I must say, your personality doesn't seem to match your edgy username lol

Just now, Catindabox said:

I must say, your personality doesn't seem to match your edgy username lol

I would say the same for yours with some sort of feline in a box lol.

2 minutes ago, ucecrushalot said:

I would say the same for yours with some sort of feline in a box lol.

Well I did have a picture of a dog for my steam profile to confuse people even further. I take pride in having a username that seems to confuse a lot of people lol

Well I did have a picture of a dog for my steam profile to confuse people even further. I take pride in having a username that seems to confuse a lot of people lol

Good one

2 minutes ago, GreatDestroyerDT said:

RedRocketActual is my covert play steam name. I just love when people use it on comms.

I'd just call you "Rocket" or "Red". The only time that it really becomes a pain is when it's just one word like "****" or even worse "Rape", those guys I would kick and ban. If someone had a name with a bunch of symbols I'd just call them "Symbols" and if they had a bunch of numbers I'd just call them "Numbers"