Friesen

Will the crashes be fixed in the near hotfix or next update?

I know there are crashes right now and I wouldn't mind but the only reason I'm asking is because the crashes in my case seem to happen everytime the new match starts after entering the vehicle and after starting to drive off from the base so I'm not sure whether I should keep trying to play or not.

Thanks great work so far btw.

Edited by Friesen

Hi Drav just thought I'll let you know after the hotfix I've had fatal error again after the new round started and drove off a vehicle out of the base within something like 1 minute.

Thank you for concern and hope it can be fixed soon.

Hi @Friesen pls zip your UE4 Error Log Folder + add your your Squad.log and send it to support@offworldindustries.com or dump it in the #support tab of the official Discord.  You can find at "%localappdata%/Squad/Saved/Logs". Cheers, this will help the devs.

lots of times ive seen squad leaders crashing. usually near start of round then it calms down. effecting both teams at same time.

very low framerates on chora and kohat (both ins and AAS), fools road and logar are ok for me. Never had issues like this before.

I've sent 4 CDT reports (with dumps) today using the bug form. Would you prefer email/discord over the bug form?

BTW Thank you for all your  hard work!

the fatal error crashes are frequent sadly

but thank you for working hard to fix them, i for one appreciate your efforts

Weve actually fixed a bunch of em, but ye, a few we couldnt fix while we were at Gamescom. Rest assured the programming team is looking into them and will release a hotfix as soon as theres progress.

Just to add a bit to this, the fatal crash that is happening is actually a set of different crashes that just all end with the same crash report. We have removed the absolute worst offenders, which were due to a very difficult to track down physx bug, but alas there are still crash bugs that happen (but more infrequent than the before mentioned)

For some reason I only crash on maps with vehicles, if I play on a infantry only map its great.

On 10.8.2016 at 1:26 AM, Drav said:

were fixing them as fast as we can find em!

at least for me SQUAD is simply unplayable at this moment!

most of the time i can not even join a server, if i can the game mostly crashes within minutes.

when the game, rarely runs for a whole, or the rest of the current round, loading the next map/game will give a 100% fatal error!

when i die and get reviewd the rifle dissapears and i am shooting out of my hands, looks funny but...guess you'll get it.

recently i am having problems with "screen overlaping". the game startsd and the spawn screen is overlaping the main screen (game)

only a restart works in this case.

just a few things you can look at...;)

20160825023624_1.jpg

20160825025518_1.jpg

EDIT:

i deleted everything SQUAD related on my PC, local steam data and also the [email protected] %localappdata%,

reinstalled the game and now it seems like most bugs are gone....played a complete round without any bugs, besides some

people not dying after multiple hits.

Edited by FIXXXER

On 23.8.2016 at 2:53 PM, Rick said:

For some reason I only crash on maps with vehicles, if I play on a infantry only map its great.

I think that should be PhysX related then, because that is what is used for all the vehicles from what I understand.

i  am non stop dcing today, if its not fatal error, its dc from EAC... i can uninstall and install it again, delete it and verify cache, its doing nothing really i cant even finish half a map

this is getting worse..... they shouldnt be leaving it like this...

14 minutes ago, Blades said:

they shouldnt be leaving it like this...

They aren't.

They are working on it.

28 minutes ago, MVPiet13 said:

They aren't.

They are working on it.

You mean to say that wasn't the last update from them? This will continue with more fixes and features? Get outta here! :o

44 minutes ago, MVPiet13 said:

They aren't.

They are working on it.

really i seen a post yesterday  saying they were taking a break for a month to rest up... 

8 minutes ago, Blades said:

really i seen a post yesterday  saying they were taking a break for a month to rest up... 

They said they will go a bit easier till the end of the month and work on alpha 8 full force at the next month.

That does not mean that they are not working on fixes at the moment, just that they are not working as many hours at the moment from what I understand. (Which I bet are still a lot of hours)

Did try reconnecting every end of round, did seen fine for a while, but then ended up with random fatal. Does seem to be getting better.

No one should kid themselves, its a LAG and CRASH Fest at the moment, but I love the game so much I can't stay away.....lol

Hopefully they can sort things out soon.

just had 4 ctds in 30 mins. sometimes no ctds at all , and sometimes its ctd lounge party.

[fatal ctds and memory ctds]

2ci8mya.png

I always restart the game after end of round(End of round crash is 90% certain), about 2/3 of the time i get that Application Error. But restarting the game keeps me from crashing and if you get in on a rotation you can play all day without crashing in game. This is ofc only my experience with my setup etc etc.