PepperBelly

Precise vehicle position selection

The addition of vehicles has been great. But one thing that annoys me is the fact that you get into vehicles in a sequential order. If you're the first in, you're always the driver, second the gunner. Afterwards, you need to select which seat you want using F1 - F12. At times this leads to confusion when trying to mount up. In my mind, this would simplify the entire process.

Example

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but this is something I'd like to see. Not mandatory at all, but a nice way of handling things.

Edited by PepperBelly

I like the idea, your suggested systemperature is more precise  than in PR, which had specific areas that players had to go to enter the vehicle.  Drivers go to the front left side, gunners are the same.  Passengers enter in the back for APCs.  

I'm sure the Devs are aware of this and would implement this.

1 hour ago, Aloysius said:

Really off topic but what game is that? It seems astounding.

Delta Force Xtreme 2 - Last game put out by NovaLogic, and arguably not the best; it was mainly filler until their next game that never came to be. Thing is, the vehicle system shown there has been apart of their games since Delta Force: Black Hawk Down released back in 2003. Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising is where they really solidified the vehicle mechanics with massive open ended environments and 150 player online. That was back in 2004.

100% agree that where you enter a vehicle determines your seat selection.

BTR is strange one but it makes sense for

driver = front 1/4

gunner = middle

personnel = rear 1/4

You could make the entry areas even more specific for the sake of realism but not sure it would improve gameplay. You would need a graphic pop up to show what seats are occupied so you're not standing outside clicking madly wondering why you can get in. In those situations if the game just defaulted to placing you in the next available seat, like it does now, players would never learn the finer details of vehicle entry.

I'll just quote muself from Reddit. Doesn't make much sense, but look the last sentence.

Yep. Radial or any type of menu (isn't this the way ArmA is doing pretty much everything) are also a no-go. On the other hand, could it be simplified?

Separate jump to procedures through something similar than OPs video or separate keys F1...12??. One for driver, one for "gunner", one for co-driver and one shared for passengers (go to first free seat type).

one day there will be a game where i stick my gun barrel in the closing door of an apc and force it open enough to drop my grenade inside. probably in the same release the players will get an artificial release of Adrenalin.

Edited by suds
like the idea of entering in the correct door per position though.