Hi there,

i was thinking, since V7 is out now and there are completely new elements to the game (like logistic supply drops and more) that the Scoreboard could show not just Kills, Deaths and obviously the Score itself but f.e. how many supply run drops some Player made, or how many revives a Medic made, and so on... you get the point. imo it would be a good competitive indicator for supports, logistics, medics what so ever and you can see at the end of the round how valueable this guy was in his function for the team.

what do you think?

Welcome to the forums!

As far as I know, there are a couple devs who really enjoy analytics and numbers and tracking stats of all kinds to better track how a game has flowed throughout its various stages.

I think you probably have a good chance of seeing things like this in the future! And the most exciting part of this is with UE4, the developers have all sorts of freedom to pursue really cool and creative ways of displaying statistics that they track. 

I know what you mean. Just last night I was supporting my team made a supply drop for setting up fob, drove Humvee and assisted in destroying 3x enemy trucks, 1x BTR and dug up an enemy fob. Granted I shot 1x enemy and didn't capture a single point but I think I made a useful contribution to the team win. I ended up with just 300 points to my name. It's like I was somehow playing the game wrong.

Edit: Maybe as a vehicle driver you should get a share of the kill points.

Edited by Major Trouble

I agree, logistics offers great depth to this game that is something entirely separate from pure combat.  I hope this system will become more fleshed out and makes FOB's and supply routes more vital to the success of a game session.  Showing stats on logistics is a great way to show a players contribution to a game and how they might improve their abilities. It is one way to encourage and incentivize a certain type of behavior.

There should be the good old "Team Points".

Right now you basically only get points if you stay in a capzone. 

Reviving outside, doing the logistical things could come into play with Teampoints. 

Another option to make the score system more accurate is by attaching points to the tickets a player rips off the enemy team. 

Eversy ticket you drain gives you 10 points 

so the average Kill gives you 10 points

FOB digging gives you 200 points, 

the BTR 300 points and so on and so on. 

The main problem with the points right now is that it is mainly restricted to capzones. I mean yes, people should play the objective. But digging up the enemy FOB which is constantly beeing dominant over a Cappoint but not in it itself and reinforcing the Capzone benefits your team a lot. Same for Logi driving, Taxi driving or cutting off enemy supply and reinforcement lines. The whole score system needs a big update :-D 

I totally Agree on supply/taxi runs

Yesterday I was the only guy doing supply runs, dropping deploy points at the bridge in Gorodok about 6 times, so our team got heavily build up our defense, not to mentione the taxi runs i did as well for ppl. spawning in our mainbase or wanted a lift from the bridge to the mainbase to claim another technical to bring it up to the frontlines.

Besides, I dug up a enemy FOB, and killed some enemys but ended up with near to nothing in terms of points.

I can understand why nobody wants to do the taxi and supply runs, since they are not awarded anything. most ppl. use the Logi trucks as taxi and drop it in battlefield style gameplay at the frontline anyways  - even with the claiming system. (which is infact a good approach . but another topic)

besides - I love the v7 and keep dreaming at night of Squad gameplay ^^ I think I am heavily addicted.

@runningDuck I have, from my start of play in December, gauged my contribution to my team in my personal score. I know k/d doesn't mean to much and the emphasis on it is small and larger for the caps, healing etc but now we have vehicles they play such a big part in achieving victory it does not help me know if I have played well with the current scoring we have at present. I am sure it'll change but right now my correct actions are not being rewarded so I can confidently say I had a good round. As you say....

23 minutes ago, runningDuck said:

The whole score system needs a big update :-D 

Yes, thats what i am talking about. Specially about the fact that before v7 a lot of the Game happened inside a Capzone. Back then people already craptalked you when u have been 2 keypads out of the capzone, holding that side for 15 Minutes in constant fire. 

Since people were only "awarded" for taking action in the capzone a lot of the meta game was tunnelvisioned to the capzones. 

Now we have vehicles, the Maps come out to their full size, when i am driving around with my 2 humvees and destroying a lot of stuff, disrupt supply lines or even do the logistical things myself it helps my team. 

In the end of the round people will shout at my Squad cause we got no points at all. 

Edited by runningDuck

5 hours ago, Logisticz said:

I can understand why nobody wants to do the taxi and supply runs, since they are not awarded anything. most ppl. use the Logi trucks as taxi and drop it in battlefield style gameplay at the frontline anyways  - even with the claiming system. (which is infact a good approach . but another topic)

Is there any new news on this subject.  It's a shame people that support don't don't get anything. On the scoreboard. And scoring area around flags should be included

Edited by Smee