Sign in to follow this  
SkeletonPirate

14-17 FPS. Here are my specs...

Low everything. Low audio. I even tried 1024X768 fullscreen. Nothing helps... I did just try to change some of my Nvidia settings in the control panel from SMooths post of general fixes. I'll report back.

12 minutes ago, cmaclean86 said:

Specs ain't your problem, what are the settings your playing it on?

Chris

Actually, they do seem to be part of the problem. He only has 2 GB of video memory and a 3.41 Ghz AMD CPU.

42 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

Actually, they do seem to be part of the problem. He only has 2 GB of video memory

2GB is sufficient for Squad @ all low settings, his CPU would be holding him back far more than his VRAM ever will (unless he wants to start bumping up AA or Texture quality, then you would have a point)

Edited by Psyrus

15 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

2GB is sufficient for Squad @ all low settings, his CPU would be holding him back far more than his VRAM ever will (unless he wants to start bumping up AA or Texture quality, then you would have a point)

I know, but for some reason changing the graphics settings in squad doesn't seem to have much of an effect. And just barely coming in at the low settings there's going to also be low performance. You completely cut off the part of me saying he had a 3.41 ghz AMD CPU, which has less power/quality per core.

8 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

. You completely cut off the part of me saying he had a 3.41 ghz AMD CPU, which has less power/quality per core.

You were correct in that assumption/assertion, so I wasn't challenging it, and thus did not include it in the quote :) The less power/quality terminology that you're looking for is IPC or IPS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instructions_per_cycle), or just performance per core to be generic about it

I see a new Intel in my future...

I got 24-26 fps after those few fixes. It then dropped down to 17 fps again though after 2 games.

I want to play so damn bad, I'm just muscling through it with only 17 fps! lol... terrible.

If you can holdon to your horses because everyone is having FPS issues some more than others it seems,our DEV's are dishing out HotFixes.

AMD CPU's UnrealEngine are working on a fix ,so you might want to wait & see the outcome.

And....

Welcome to the familia.Hooah!

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/4v11qw/how_does_this_game_run_so_poorly_on_my_pc/

Get yourself a secondhand i5 4690K based platform and overclock mate, then you'll be much happier.

Even fully optimized in a few months i dont think you will get more then 30-40 fps in future with that CPU.

That was 2009 a 150€ CPU dropping to 80€ over the years so dont expect to much from it.

22 hours ago, SkeletonPirate said:

I see a new Intel in my future...

I got 24-26 fps after those few fixes. It then dropped down to 17 fps again though after 2 games.

I want to play so damn bad, I'm just muscling through it with only 17 fps! lol... terrible.

Yep its your CPU more than likely.  I have the same thing happen to me.  My rig is similar to yours.

CPU -  AMD Phenom II Black Edition 6100 - 6 core 3.31 GhZ
16 Gigs of DDR Ram
GTX 970 Super Clocked (roughly 3.5 Vram advertised at 4 Vram)

So,  not sure why others are telling you to do this or that when its very obvious its both of our CPUs,  so either go intel or hang tight for a fix as its still in Alpha stage.  If I had known about the lovely 10 fps just walking down a street in the game and then 3 FPS gun fights, I never would have purchased this game.  Then again the key word was 'alpha'  wish I came here first.