The BTR is way Overpowered. takes to many rockets and you're unable to kill the gunner.  Very unbalanced imo.

So how do you suggest fixing it? Specifically

I wish I had the chance to experience the OP BTR, but performance is too low and this is a version I can't play :(

Edited by Psyrus

1 hour ago, SkyNutz said:

The BTR is way Overpowered. takes to many rockets and you're unable to kill the gunner.  Very unbalanced imo.

Welcome to a realistic FPS game lmao. I do feel like a lot of the current vehicle damage health models are a placeholder. Granted, it shouldn't take 3 LAW shots to destroy a BTR (rather one or two). 

Also, you gotta remember that the current health based vehicle damage is a placeholder. In the future, you'll see stuck tracks, immobilized wheels, stuck turret, ammo rack cooking off, etc. z

I don't consider it "OP" considering you can't go into an objective without taking 80 LAW's up the ass. 

"You can not outrun the LAW!"

Edited by LMR Sahara

it is op when you're whole team is being dominated by the btr. the other team should get a similar vehicle to counter it. just an idea. or some titan missiles?

RPG heat rounds and laws make short work of BTR's 

I'm surprised we Devs think they are pretty fragile and easy to kill. 

TACTICS my friend

That's a team fail if A. You don't have any ATs in your squads. B. You don't have secure spawns.  C. You don't have access to ammo. D. If everyone is just running around in the open like a chicken with its head cut off.

Most rounds have at least 4 squads.  Meaning there is probably two ATs in close proximity.  Getting 3 shots off from cover shouldn't be that complicated.

Edited by Dankicity

One would suggest that if your Whole Team is being dominated by a single BTR, then there is something going wrong with how the Team is playing the game.

34 minutes ago, SkyNutz said:

Just 2 HEAT rockets. Remember: HE - Frag ammunition, good to take inf. HEAT - Penetrating ammunition, good to take armor.

And you can destroy the BTR with .50 too

Edited by heborn

And I think this is balanced cause the agility of the BTR is not good too, great corpse, great target to hit

Edited by heborn

Asymmetrical warfare mate, Gotta adapt to the dynamic battle field and use your advantages. I've seen BTR's go down in 2 RPG HEAT shots.  So its not that over powered. Use your mobility and low profile to your advantage, BTR gunners have limited view, they can't cover a 360 as easily as the other vehicles.

Someone nobody really mentioned yet is that yes, the US will be getting a Styker APC sometime in the future. That's the closest thing similar to the BTR IMO, no ETA on it though. For now it usually only takes 2 well placed shots to take down a BTR though. Just make sure your squad always is packed full of AT when going against Russians.

12 minutes ago, Ratface said:

Someone nobody really mentioned yet is that yes, the US will be getting a Styker APC sometime in the future. That's the closest thing similar to the BTR IMO, no ETA on it though. For now it usually only takes 2 well placed shots to take down a BTR though. Just make sure your squad always is packed full of AT when going against Russians.

According to the April update, it was all ready for texturing then. I really feel as if it should have been in this version of the game if it was finished. Maybe it wasn't, but the insurgents have APCs and technicals. They really should have a counter, but maybe the devs are working on a Russian MRAP/light transport. Who knows, however I would really like to play with more than 29 frames, I can only really play DM and LAT right now due to the inability to move and shoot. But I still contribute quite a bit, ran SL for a round and took out a couple vehicles, nothing feels better than taking one of those down with an LAT or a well placed headshot. Love the way vehicles sort of just keep rolling and crash when you kill the driver and players in it. 

Edited by NotBrad

the BTR is really not overpowered for its price.. it would have to get 30 INF kills to make up for its high price of 30 tickets and so far i havnt seen a single BTR get more than 10 kills before going down so they usually end up hurting your team most of the time

29 minutes ago, Ratface said:

Erm, the Stryker is in a whole other league than the BTR-80. KPVT is an old weapon and only 14.5mm, Stryker has a modern 30mm auto-cannon.

The difference between up-armored HMMWV and BTR-80 is big, but nowhere near as big as the difference between the Stryker and BTR-80. So I'm guessing there is meant to be an asymmetric balance between the HMMWV and BTR-80.

Squads just have to work properly with others to coordinate a proper attack and defense to the BTR. I've seen the BTR go down before it even had a chance multiple times, while other times people weren't ready for it and paid the price. All about teamwork and adaptation.

Half of the Anti Tank kits I have seen are trying to use frag rounds against them.. FRAG ROUNDS.

Did some testing on Jensen's Range for the BTR:

• It takes 1 HEAT round to set it ablaze if you make contact anywhere and 1 more to kill it for good.
  • Dshka will kill it in 3/4 a mag in 15 seconds of sustained fire from the front (including time for barrel cool down) 
  • .50 cal will kill it in a little more than 1/2 a mag in 13.5 seconds of sustained fire from the front (including time for barrel cool down)

• BTR turret will kill a humvee in 1/2 a mag in 5 seconds of sustained fire from the front
  • BTR turret will kill a technical in 1/3 a mag in 2.5 seconds of sustained fire from the front
Edited by Catindabox

48 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

Awesome info, thanks so much!!!

1 hour ago, Cheesy_LeScrub said:

Everyone needs to learn the one basic rule: If you cannot kill it, leave it alone

That only applies when you've seen the vehicle, and he hasn't seen you.

59 minutes ago, Br@nnen said:

Firing frag at armour...

This isn't complicated lol.

We sometimes demand some thinking from players and planning.. its not a crime

Reminds me of an old war story someone told me about their vehicles being hit by RPGs that didn't detonate. The rocketeers left the safety caps on the noses of the warheads!

4 hours ago, Catindabox said:

Half of the Anti Tank kits I have seen are trying to use frag rounds against them.. FRAG ROUNDS.

• It takes 1 HEAT round to set it ablaze if you make contact anywhere and 1 more to kill it for good.
  • Dshka will kill it in 3/4 a mag in 15 seconds of sustained fire from the front (including time for barrel cool down) 
  • .50 cal will kill it in a little more than 1/2 a mag in 13.5 seconds of sustained fire from the front (including time for barrel cool down)

• BTR turret will kill a humvee in 1/2 a mag in 5 seconds of sustained fire from the front
  • BTR turret will kill a technical in 1/3 a mag in 2.5 seconds of sustained fire from the front

Shouldn't the dshk kill it faster because it fires a slightly more powerful round? Or does the .50 cal cool faster?

Edited by fatalsushi

5 hours ago, Coletrain said:

Erm, the Stryker is in a whole other league than the BTR-80. KPVT is an old weapon and only 14.5mm, Stryker has a modern 30mm auto-cannon.

Monkey-Laughing-Face-Funny-Picture.jpg

1)Average stryker equipped with M2(12.7mm).And maximum they can - MK19.

2)Compared to M2,KPVT are qoute new weapon.

3)Don't forget about BTR-80A.They really have 30mm cannon.

Edited by samogon

Guys, 

the BTR is worth 30 Tickets. 

That simply means that even if you loose 29 Soldiers without reviving ( that is three full Squadwipes) and u kill it, it was still worth it. 

You gotta see the Math behind it. 

Two humvees with coordinated fire will wreck the BTR in seconds. Two Humvees equal 32 tickets. 

If you want to say me, that ur Squad is going to suffer three complete wipes just by one BTR, then the SL of your Squad should rethink. 

Easy as that. 

Edited by runningDuck