Socrates

Your Thoughts on the 3 People Vehicle Claim System

133 posts in this topic

What are your thoughts on the current 3 people required vehicle claim system in the game right now?

What I end up seeing a lot is a lot of people in the battlefield but only 2 people at main base waiting for that third guy to come to main base.

I feel like they could make it two, with vehicle warfare in it's current system - Driver & Gunner.

When they start adding Bradleys, MBT's and other vehicles... Bigger, multi-crewed vehicles like the BTR, they should require at least 3 to "request" access to it, to prevent vehicle waste.

I like it. Otherwise it's too easy for a guy and his buddy to create a squad and go off in a vehicle to do who knows what. 

The current system is good because a 3 man squad is really the lowest amount for a functioning squad that for example, can drop a FOB and such. I for one really enjoy how the logistics trucks in Squad can carry 4 people versus 2 people in most PR logistics trucks.

+1

lol I just see a lot of single people driving claimed techies around aimlessly because its hard for them to navigate.

EDIT: I hope they add a GPS on the screen for drivers like in PR. The normal map takes up half the screen.

Have had bad experiences with the tactics people use with the Humvee and APC so far, people treat them like "invincible MBT death machines" since they're the only armored vehicles atm and plow straight into the enemy, dying instantly.

Edited by Catindabox

What I'm still waiting for is a pre made vehicle squad of at least 2 people, ideally it would function as a normal squad for all vehicles for squad talk and stuff (through all as separate 2 player groups for each vehicle) but each group of 2 could be attached to a infantry squad as transport/fire support (at least APCs, tanks and aircraft wouldn't need such a system)

Like Desmo said, it is parallel to already existing game mechanics. It's good as a fundamental system and it can be easily improved upon with things like "squad leader approving vehicle claim" and balanced. 

I like it. I'm not used to it. And it's going to take a lot of adjusting. But I like it.

Not a fan of this rule:

"Must have at least 2 squad members nearby to claim a vehicle." Much like our FOB and Rally Point systems you need to have your Squad with you to claim a vehicle. (2 additional members) Vehicles can also be approved for claim by approval on the minimap by a Squad Leader

It makes it difficult to reclaim abandoned and lost vehicles. Other than that it's an okay stop-gap system. There are other aspects, such as the lack of squad locking/squad size setting, that are currently affecting vehicle utility.

Edited by Tartantyco

1 hour ago, Catindabox said:

lol I just see a lot of single people driving claimed techies around aimlessly because its hard for them to navigate.

EDIT: I hope they add a GPS on the screen for drivers like in PR. The normal map takes up half the screen.

Have had bad experiences with the tactics people use with the Humvee and APC so far, people treat them like "invincible MBT death machines" since they're the only armored vehicles atm and plow straight into the enemy, dying instantly.

I like the 3 people claim for the same reason as demolocke.

GPS is the role of the third guy, when I drive I ask him to tell me where to go, as he as nothing else to do except nose picking while watching the landscape. You can also ask him to get down and scout a crossroad, or put a rally while gunner is still operationnal. etc.

21 minutes ago, Frosty2 said:

Please make it 2 people claim

NOPE!  We specifically choose 3 as it required more than 2 buddies doing the solo thing. 

Was not arbitrary or an oversight. 

21 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

NOPE!  We specifically choose 3 as it required more than 2 buddies doing the solo thing. 

Was not arbitrary or an oversight. 

ayyyy

22 minutes ago, ElTyranos said:

I like the 3 people claim for the same reason as demolocke.

GPS is the role of the third guy, when I drive I ask him to tell me where to go, as he as nothing else to do except nose picking while watching the landscape. You can also ask him to get down and scout a crossroad, or put a rally while gunner is still operationnal. etc.

Often times I am the only one taking the logi back and fourth between the FOB and base as everyone else is busy fighting and obviously wouldn't want to come. Of course whenever I have a passenger in a vehicle I ask them to do navigation, but most are pretty bad at it (ex. driving a humvee with the squad inside).

You only need 3 people to claim the logi at the beginning, after that the others break loose to go with the squad and the logi is parked somewhere safe until needed. AKA after that point you only have 1 person driving.

In a public squad with randoms there's few people that I'd be able to consistently say "hey, want to sit in the passenger seat and do navigation as we get back and fourth from main base to here in a 5 minute drive, 2 times?" In fact, it's not beneficial to the squad to have it be that way unless you're dedicated to FOBs, as that other person is a valuable asset in a firefight instead of only a convenience in a truck passenger seat.

I think it should be 3 for armed vehicles and 2 for logistical vehicles, but that may make to much sense.

2 minutes ago, rgrlee said:

I think it should be 3 for armed vehicles and 2 for logistical vehicles, but that may make to much sense.

Especially considering logies can only carry 3 people, are slow, and generally you won't have more than 1 person in the logi to drive it after it's been claimed and the crew split up to get to their squad.

Too many vehicles are being abandoned because they can't be claimed in the heat of the moment and a squad was wiped or something.

The past few days I've seen the team's assets scattered all over the map and it's a bit depressing, nobody wanting to clean up/reclaim them usually.

1 hour ago, Arduras said:

Too many vehicles are being abandoned because they can't be claimed in the heat of the moment and a squad was wiped or something.

The past few days I've seen the team's assets scattered all over the map and it's a bit depressing, nobody wanting to clean up/reclaim them usually.

This is due to poor Squad Leading and control (even though I haven't checked what happens when you kick someone while they're driving @IrOnTaXi?).  This will hopefully be resolved once you start getting a dedicated logistics & transportation squad --- Drive a logi to supply fob and drop off one guy at a reclaimed vehicle to return it to main, or have a protected convoy doing both supplies and transportation.

I am really enjoying the system. I do feel like there are refinements that can (and most likely will) be made, but I haven't taken the time to really consider any, especially given my grand total of 1 hour of v7 time and 30 seconds in a rubber banding techie (total vehicle time) :P

3 hours ago, Dankicity said:

This is due to poor Squad Leading and control (even though I haven't checked what happens when you kick someone while they're driving @IrOnTaXi?).  This will hopefully be resolved once you start getting a dedicated logistics & transportation squad --- Drive a logi to supply fob and drop off one guy at a reclaimed vehicle to return it to main, or have a protected convoy doing both supplies and transportation.

if you kick them from your squad.. you can just over ride their seat by hittng the f1 and they will get popped out. 

any SL can do this to any other player and any squaddies can do it to non squad members. 

We had an SL use it today when I guy took over Driver role then left his squad and drove off with everyone.. he switched into his seat and the derp was ejected from the vehicle and they drove away laughing.. hehe :)

I'm pretty sure 3 man claim is here to stay.. it alleviates a lot of stupid.. 

If you can't organize 3 people as an SL then I am not sure I can help you. 

The abandoned vehicles claim liability should clear after 8min. So you arent screwed.. but your are encouraged to get the vehicle back or have it picked up by another squad. 

21 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

I'm pretty sure 3 man claim is here to stay.. it alleviates a lot of stupid.. 

at least add 3rd crew seat (like commander seat in arma) to armored vehicles

13 minutes ago, rincewind said:

at least add 3rd crew seat (like commander seat in arma) to armored vehicles

wow...  finally.. someone who looks a little bit forward and sees that maybe there is a plan just over the horizon. 

NICE ONE!

I've already experienced an SL who left the Squad so he could create a new one and claim a vehicle, this was because nobody else died like he expected, and he did not want to wait at main any longer.

This was not a dire situation, such as requiring a FOB while nearing the far objectives or such, it was just plain and simple abandonment. Not good SL behavior.

Its a really good system in my opinion. Works just fine. 

Only thing that annoys a little little bit is when u change ur claimed Vehicles u have to have 3 people to pick up a new one. 

Yesterday for example we had two humvees and a logistic truck. (9 people in Squad) 

After having our Checkpoint Roadbloack FOB functional and built up a little, the logistic truck was back at base and we had no more use for it. So we decided to switch it against a normal Truck to park it at our FOB just to have it there for backup reasons. 

Basically what i want to say is that you have to send 3 people back to mainbase to change the vehicles.

3 Men which could come in handy in a firefight. 

But besides that little thing, which i personally see no good solution for, i love the claiming system. is easy, works good. 

And if you have your Squad ready and u tell ur Squaddies which vehicles to claim at the beginning of the round, you always get your Stuff. (Of course if we can we try to preorganize with other SLs before match start wich vehicles we want). But for random Squadleads claiming, they take way too long to get their man to the object of desire

just had 3 hours of sleep cause of squad, so i hope its clear and understandable what i am trying to say :--D 

Edited by runningDuck

Obviously the dev's will make changes moving forward and I only have 3 rounds of V7 under my belt, but I have to say I really like it.

We found ourselves using vehicles, as required (most of my clan mates have played heavily since V7 release) as opposed to just using them. (in part due to needing 3 inc SL to claim one and the time to go get one re where we were on the map etc).

In 1 round of insurgency we actually used vehicles to get to the first cache, and that was that (after we lost it.......) we walked the rest of the round, tactically fighting with a bit of support from another Squads vehicle etc.

We also targeted enemy vehicles, and this alone made a huge difference to the tactics for the round.

I thought Squad would be great, now I know.

Edited by Shoshin

7 hours ago, Arduras said:

Why are they being abandoned? This shouldn't be an issue.