Sign in to follow this  
andreher

Slower infantry feels great. Thx Devs!

Hi!

I just would like to give this feedback. The new movement speeds are so much better and the games feels great right now. It's so nice to loose speed while climbing a hill or stairs.

Now I'm much more scared of open fields and have to think a lot more before moving.

Thanks for the great work (Y)

Hopefully with the animation refactor we can get even more fluid movement in while still keeping the pace "tactical".

Glad you are enjoying it, thanks!

Wow forgot the reduction, just thought I was getting fatter lol

I wanted to say devs, I've gone into few firefights and I've noticed to be way much more enjoyable experience than the excessive running with the iron sight that was before... I saw a lot of improvement in tactical sense, less run'n'gun syndrome. I love how now there is much more common to either fire from the hip or actually having to bring up the weapon into iron-sight view to shoot the enemy whereas before it was almost constant running while viewing through the iron-sight.

But I'd love if you could make prone turning to be even slower than now (perhaps 30% slower) as players can still turn 180 while prone too easily imo.

I'm pleased with how more intuitive the movement is now, no more sprint-strafing, but the most I'm pleased about is the walking-pace while aiming. Finally it actually makes the players to play more carefully and more tactical. I really love playing it now.

What I really hope in the future if the devs could please add a tiny flinching effect when you're being suppressed. The acogs/snipers are substantially overpowering any standard riflemen and thus suppression would help to make acogs/snipers duck for cover more that how little chance riflemen have to even run across the open or engange the enemy acogs/snipers.

Also sway penalty for getting shot/lack of stamina could help too in order to balance things out in riflemen vs optics engagements.

Also the view outside the optic should be blurred or invisible so that it doesn't give unfair advantage for acogs/snipers that can see enemies outside the scope they're aiming.

Thank you, great work.

Edited by Friesen

Right on the spot!

After a round in Fools Road we valuated our vehicles waaaaay more. When we lost our BTR in an ambush, we decided to hold ground instead of attacking. We did not want to cross the map on foot. 

I also noticed in Logar we moved more cover to cover instead of running directly to the objective we wanted to move to.

MOving up and down hills and step surfaces also changed the way I look at the battlefield. Now going up a hill is practically a no go. 

Now that @SgtRoss talked about reworking the animations, I'm even more looking forward to the infantry movement improvements. 

Don't let me even start to describe how good it is. We are enjoying the hell out of it.

I don't like how you can't free-look while sprinting anymore, and holding W+A/W+D while sprinting makes you as slow or slower than normal walking speed.

Other than that it encourages people to seek cover a lot more, slows down firefights and makes them more tactical, and looks cool as fuuuuck.

Btw nice B.O.P.E insignia in your profile pic @Rainmaker

Edited by Catindabox

Well sprint side strafing was so abusable before and I'm so glad that sprinting now requires a risky and a smart decision rather than just freely run straight into objective. I like how limited view you have now while sprinting so it's not exploitable as it was before. It's so much more intuitive now I find myself sprinting from cover to cover and then stopping for a second to look around if there are enemies. Before I would just side-strafe-sprint through the entire map and it just killed the enjoyment out of the game completely. Now is much better. Especially love the walking pace while aiming but would prefer if there was more head bobbing and more sway penalty while moving and shooting at the same time especially when moving left or right.

Edited by Friesen

would prefer if there was more head bobbing

This. My thoughts exactly...

They have improved a lot about the infantry movement, but the head still "feels" very robotic hehe... But overall the infantry movement feels better!

Yes it does feel too smooth when moving around and aiming at the same time, does not encourage you enough to stand still and take a clear shot because right now you can shoot and move around too easily which is a bit gamey.

15 minutes ago, Friesen said:

Well sprint side strafing was so abusable before and I'm so glad that sprinting now requires a risky and a smart decision rather than just freely run straight into objective. I like how limited view you have now while sprinting so it's not exploitable as it was before. It's so much more intuitive now I find myself sprinting from cover to cover and then stopping for a second to look around if there are enemies. Before I would just side-strafe-sprint through the entire map and it just killed the enjoyment out of the game completely.

Meh, I guess there is a point in that. I would find myself constantly looking side to side while sprinting and quickly turning to engage enemies that pop up, which could seem kind of dumb to people on the receiving end.

IRL when looking to your sides while sprinting you become disorientated and the slight movement of your head also moves your shoulders, causing your whole course to change and often slow down.

Therefore maybe just slowing down your A/D sprint speed and having a momentum transition when you change to W sprint could balance the side effects while still keeping the feature.

Body awareness is getting better, good job !

I can't wait for free look (I still press "alt" all the time like I do in ArmA, so frustrating) :ph34r:

14 hours ago, Sergeant.Roland. said:

This. My thoughts exactly...

They have improved a lot about the infantry movement, but the head still "feels" very robotic hehe... But overall the infantry movement feels better!

I hope they don't add head bobbing... Even bohemia know that it sucks and have an option to remove it.

Don't get mislead by titles that have done it wrong. Head bobbing greatly reduces gamey ADS shooting and encourages player to stand still and fire rather than moving around because as in real life any movement is going to affect your aiming which does not currently represents much in SQUAD right now.

Slower movement fits very well with those changed  weapon reactions added in v7.

Realized these changes ingame before reading full patch notes, the change is very noticeable.

Edited by Pvt.Chill