Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roberts

cant update amd drivers to latest version

I have an amd 7870 2 GB and iv completely uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled. i am getting an error when launching the game saying i need to upgrade to 15.30 but i am only able to update to 14.4.. maybe its because my gpu is old and am not able to.

Guess ill just have to order a new PC, really wanted to see the new update. Had to overclock the hell out of it to get decent frames lol, oh well.

I had the same problem with my R9 390, so to fix this issue i used Driver Booster  Which can scan the drivers on the computer and automatically updates them.

Somehow by updating my GPU drivers this way got me past the problem :)

Edited by Stottie

17 hours ago, Stottie said:

I had the same problem with my R9 390, so to fix this issue i used Driver Booster  Which can scan the drivers on the computer and automatically updates them.

ill try this and get back to you

17 hours ago, Stottie said:

didnt work

Before Squad v8.0 I was using a Radeon HD 5850 without any problems.

But can't remember what driver version I used. I'm using Windows 10, maybe drivers for Windows 7 is older?

Ignor auto updatetools and download you drivers from http://www.amd.com/en-us/markets/game/downloads

Edited by Boldtaar

I've never run in an error like this. Before i upgraded my PC ive had the same gpu. Did you really try DDU like @mastah4 mentioned and do a fresh install with an actual installer downloaded from amd Page?

Edit: actual drivers have 16.12.1 number.

This is for Win10 64Bit, if you have diffrent OS then go ahead and search by yourself

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

Edited by Jaghammer