WhiteNoise

Goodbye Medic Spotters (No Bino's!?!)

Don't get me wrong, this means more medics actually doing medical things instead of eyeing up the local wildlife!

Unfortunately this has turned most medics in to headless chickens running at the nearest bleeder until they become one (Sounding a bit like a horror film, but honestly that's what it looks like when you witness this feat of medical prowess)  

I'd like the conventional forces to have a scout/pointman class as a counterpart to the Insurgent's. Sure it's 1 per squad, but it's still someone other than the SL with binocs without having to be some idiot lardass with a marksman rifle.

I'll take the red dot over the binocs any day. I thought it was strange that medics were also supposed to function as spotters. Seemed completely detached from reality.

I find it funny playing as Medic, desperatly trying not to get myself killed in a fire fight, then the SL shouts "Hey medic, stop standing around, do your job!".

So I'm like "welp", run over to that casualty in the open that I was avoiding, instantly shot to pieces before I even get my bandage out.

"Medic down, just respawn" >insert sad face<

17 minutes ago, Retrofly said:

I find it funny playing as Medic, desperatly trying not to get myself killed in a fire fight, then the SL shouts "Hey medic, stop standing around, do your job!".

So I'm like "welp", run over to that casualty in the open that I was avoiding, instantly shot to pieces before I even get my bandage out.

"Medic down, just respawn" >insert sad face<

Not doing that anymore, SL need to listen up. Smoke usually works though.

There is no need to hurry as a medic, the bleedtimer gives you the time to smoke/secure the area! :) Let your teammates, if they are still alive keep some suppressing fire going and pop a smoke, then get to work :) 

As I play anytime the medic, I am a bit concerned about the rate medic is choosen. Lots of times a 8 men squad has not a single medic! Its the most unwelcome role yet. I hope the further changes don't kill it completely. I miss my bio. Lots of times I did 1st overview than threat.

8 minutes ago, Barbarossa said:

As I play anytime the medic, I am a bit concerned about the rate medic is choosen. Lots of times a 8 men squad has not a single medic! Its the most unwelcome role yet. I hope the further changes don't kill it completely. I miss my bio. Lots of times I did 1st overview than threat.

Before my Squad doenst has 2 Medics we aint going nowhere. 

Its up to the Squadleads to get the medic roles chosen and to slap them down if they are going Rambo Style.

Hate the player, dont hate the game. 

I actually prefer the medic not having a Binoc. Medic was op for a good working Squad. Still most valuable Class though. 

Edited by runningDuck

I agree with medics not having binos, the scout role is great - someone other than SL needs binos.

Personally I would also give the combat medic 1 grenade to help people select the class, they are not doctors. A little indirect fire for them would be most useful getting people up.

1 hour ago, Shoshin said:

I agree with medics not having binos, the scout role is great - someone other than SL needs binos.

This ^^

We need scouts!

On 8.8.2016 at 0:18 AM, WhiteNoise said:

Don't get me wrong, this means more medics actually doing medical things instead of eyeing up the local wildlife!

Unfortunately this has turned most medics in to headless chickens running at the nearest bleeder until they become one (Sounding a bit like a horror film, but honestly that's what it looks like when you witness this feat of medical prowess)  

Explain to me how removing binoculars from medics suddenly turned them into idiots who don't know how to medic?

Can you support this rather odd claim somehow!?

There were always bad medics and there always will be - at least in squads with bad/insufficient squad leaders.

Tl;dr: Non-issue/nothing to do with binoculars being removed.

Tried scout yesterday, SKS is okay, but without a scope you have to be close to midrange, which can get hard, especially if your SL doesnt care about your class and just sends you somewhere out of your effective range of your weapon. When you spot someone with your bino on long range, dont even try to use your SKS, you just wont hit him.

Edited by Pvt.Chill

5 minutes ago, Pvt.Chill said:

Tried scout yesterday, SKS is okay, but without a scope you have to be close to midrange, which can get hard, especially if your SL doesnt care about your class and just sends you somewhere out of your effective range of your weapon. When you spot someone with your bino on long range, dont even try to use your SKS, you just wont hit him.

I don't see the problem.

A scout scouts, he shouldn't engage unless he is with the squad or for self defense.

What's the point of a scout who needs minutes to reach a vantage point only to engage some target that isn't a guaranteed kill which results in giving away his position, defeating the very purpose of a scout?

11 minutes ago, Lethargo said:

I don't see the problem.

A scout scouts, he shouldn't engage unless he is with the squad or for self defense.

What's the point of a scout who needs minutes to reach a vantage point only to engage some target that isn't a guaranteed kill which results in giving away his position, defeating the very purpose of a scout?

I just never got into a good engagement range cause I was tied to the guys with scopes.

He also didnt care that i have a bino, I asked him several times what direction I should scout but he was not giving me orders for that and just told me to stick to my fireteam which was quite useles. Could neither shoot anyone nor scout correctly cause of bad positioning ordered by SL.

Edited by Pvt.Chill

Bad SL's will be bad SL's - doesn't change what I have initially addressed though.

People keep misunderstanding/misusing roles, that's a problem and when I've seen you talking about how bad the SKS is, my recon senses started tingling.

I never said its useless, read carefully. I just said its effective range is not far because its lacks a scope.

So you better get in effective range before shooting.

Edited by Pvt.Chill

And I never said you said it is useless. Bad and useless are two very different things - read carefully yourself? o.O

However, assuming the SKS would be more effective at longer ranges - how would that change the fact that a scout is should be passive until engaged himself and thus, my point?

I didnt say its bad. (We can continue this here into infinity)

I also never said scout has design flaws, just in my case I could neither scout not be useful in any other way.

Was a very frustrating round for my first scout mission, of cause it was SLs fault not the class itself.

Edited by Pvt.Chill

2 minutes ago, Pvt.Chill said:

I didnt say its bad. (We can continue this here into infinity)

I also never said scout has design flaws, just in my case I could neither scout not be useful in any other way.

Was a very frustrating round for my first scout mission, of cause it was SLs fault not the class itself.

Bad (at long ranges). That is pretty much what you said, isn't it?

Yes we can continue this forever - until the moment comes when you start to understand my actual point.

Your complaint about the SKS being whatever is irrelevant to the fact that a scout shouldn't engage anyone anyways unless for self defense or while attached to his squad (which he shouldn't be most of the time, wouldn't you agree?).

What a squad leader did or did not do is also irrelevant.

Question is: What's your point?

2 hours ago, Lethargo said:

Explain to me how removing binoculars from medics suddenly turned them into idiots who don't know how to medic?

Can you support this rather odd claim somehow!?

There were always bad medics and there always will be - at least in squads with bad/insufficient squad leaders.

Tl;dr: Non-issue/nothing to do with binoculars being removed.

I see your point here, however, my point was that its one less thing to keep them occupied. Before I noticed a hybrid medic/scout focused when using binos, now they have surfaced as bad medics without their binos. :')

13 minutes ago, Lethargo said:

Bad (at long ranges). That is pretty much what you said, isn't it?

Could you quote that pls?

Because I am sure I didnt say that.

Of cause its bad at long range if it has no scope and some not very good at range ironsight.

But between bad and bad on long range (which i didnt even say) is a difference.

I am not getting your point either, other then trying to tell me something that I already know.

For myself I was just giving an example how you better not play this class.

You Sir seem to be very mad about something and I dont even know why.

It wasnt a complain, I was just saying dont try to snipe with it, it wont work.

Edited by Pvt.Chill