Drav

If you are getting lower performance in v7, we need you!

7 hours ago, rincewind said:

72p (sumari)  

wrI8.jpg

64p (yehorivka INF w\o vehicles) (low) performance is similar to A6

gsbE.jpg

45p chora with vehicles  (low and epic)

taOE.jpgAv4v.jpg

72p chora chora with vehicles

ISSR.jpg

i5 3570K + GTX 1070

100% game thread limits

I get better on chora. Well.. A8 will be the game thread pass.. should be interesting!

- My problem is the rubber banding and small lags/bad performance. At the start of the round everything is perfect, but after 5-10 min, I still have the same FPS but not as smooth. Memory leak?

- On 95% of all servers I tried I had a stable ping of 25ms in the "lobby" and in the serverlist, but when the game starts I get 140ms ping. Before the v7-patch I had a stable low ping on the same servers. Same ping problem on both 50 or 70 slots servers.

- The vehicles lag like hell.

Here are some random screens: Great work on the v7-update. It is not an easy task!

bjZiUXI0.jpeg

Q0FybWk2.jpeg

bktnNi9m.jpeg

UTNBTmdv.jpeg

VXltOFBx.jpeg

V3F1MkRH.jpeg

THh0S01K.jpeg

QVhBRUhk.jpeg

Edited by aCeTotal

6 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

100% game thread limits

Can you please explain what does it means ?

BTW - I noticed the the performance issue is not related to the game settings. Switching game settings from Epic to - Low/Mid still (almost) not changing the bad FPS performance.
I'm running OC'ed i7 4770k + GTX 980TI SC + SSD + Win 10 + 16GB ram max settings at 1080p (100%-120%scale) with no AA getting around 35-39 FPS on 25+p. servers. will upload stat image when come back home.

Thanks Drav, will do. 

I was playing with MotherDear last night on Fools and my frames slowly descended from 60FPS to about 25-30FPS over the course of the round. No idea why, there was no memory leak issue, my CPU was at maybe 80% and my GPU was at 60%. 

4 hours ago, Jeepo said:

Thanks Drav, will do. 

I was playing with MotherDear last night on Fools and my frames slowly descended from 60FPS to about 25-30FPS over the course of the round. No idea why, there was no memory leak issue, my CPU was at maybe 80% and my GPU was at 60%. 

This honestly still sounds like the animation system being a biatch.

This honestly still sounds like the animation system being a biatch.

How so?

Most of the time I get these results, but after playing for 5-10 minutes everything except for "Draw" parameter may turn yellow for a few seconds. I will attach some more screenshots later today.

PC specs:

CPU: Intel core i5 6400

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X

RAM: 8GB DDR4 2133mhz

Screenshot 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9w7SDwroyMWaVd6WmxucldrMlk (72 players with vehicles)

Screenshot 2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9w7SDwroyMWRS02c3lfLVRubmc (35 players with vehicles)

UPD.

Screenshot 3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9w7SDwroyMWS3F1WjMyUXBxcE0 (around 50 players with vehicles)

Edited by Anthony Estacado
screenshots + additional info

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 0:26 PM, WendyVonBraun said:

http://imgur.com/a/oD15o

23-35 FPS on Chora whereas on 6.5 and earlier builds I was getting at least 40-60 FPS on 70 person servers. Quality is at medium/high, res is at 1600x900

CPU: i5 4590 3.30 GHz
GPU: Radeon R9 270X
RAM: 8GB

If anybody has any suggestions for me, I'm open to them.

Stay off servers with over 40 people :)

8 hours ago, Jeepo said:

Thanks Drav, will do. 

Likely the player count kept getting higher over the round.  Track the number of players from time you join till your performance drops.

For me with an AMD, game plays great when there are only 20-35 players in game.  As soon as the player count breaks about 40 everything starts

going down with performance.  Soon after the pop cap hits the mid 40's game is totally unplayable.

Just now, Oldschool61 said:

Likely the player count kept getting higher over the round.  Track the number of players from time you join till your performance drops.

For me with an AMD, game plays great when there are only 20-35 players in game.  As soon as the player count breaks about 40 everything starts

going down with performance.  Soon after the pop cap hits the mid 40's game is totally unplayable.

Server was full at 72 at round start and stayed that way. 

Finally managed to get my screenshots in order.

Firing Range screenshot for reference:

3VApnWG.jpg

On an almost empty server I get good frames:

OvHPU0e.jpg

But on a full server it frequently dips down to around 45 FPS and I only average like 53 FPS:

kejZsRl.jpg

My hope for squad is that in the future I'll be able to run an average of at least 80 or 90 FPS. I run an overclocked GTX1080, an i7 4790K at 4.7Ghz, and 16GB of RAM, and I run my game on epic settings at 1440p.

12 hours ago, Jeepo said:

Thanks Drav, will do. 

Reminds me the footstep sound not resetting issue that we did see on the first "public" releases in the early 2015 :)

Yeah, after the update my frames took a dramatic drop. I was at least before getting around 60fps or higher and now I'm lucky to see that.  Even in the game menu before the update I was getting 240+ and now it sits at 150fps.

I5 4690k

16GB DDR3

Asus R9 380 Gaming Strix 4 GB

Before in training by myself I was getting over 100FPS, no longer the case, same settings

qTpSMxY.jpg

14 player server before I would be getting over 60 FPS

OjkW4g8.jpg

I am now also having major rubber banding and flickering issues. I really hope we can get this back playable as it was before A7. 

Edited by The Ferret

I was in the 60's-70's before v7, now I'm getting around 33-53

-GTX 960

-I7 4790

-16GB ram

24mb4n8.jpg

2rdw1g7.jpg

25z772r.jpg

Edited by pxvkgodpaul

20160809003904_1.jpg

20160809004347_1.jpg

I LOWERED my graphics down and still had this issue of 5-7 second freezes every few minutes.  Unplayable.

Before the update, my game ran flawlessly, even throughout the Alpha 7 playtest!  Even while streaming.

CPU: i7-4790K (not O/C'd)

GPU: MSI GTX 970

RAM: 16GB DDR3

Went from average 30-40FPS in V6 to 18-28 in V7 even after all of the ini. fixes applied :o

(Only play on full 72 servers- but I might have to step it down for the first time)

CPU: FX-8350

GPU: 280X

RAM: 8GB

Screenshot is from full 72 slot, Map: Chora

20160808173928_2.jpg

On 8/7/2016 at 5:31 PM, nacho_grande said:

I have a 6700K OC to 4.8Ghz.

Before a7 I was getting a full 80 FPS on my 970. Now I'm getting 30 if I'm lucky. I wouldn't be too fast to blame it on the hardware yet ;). 

Something pushed in the a7 update has nuked performance and I've seen multiple people try to blame it on being cpu bound when it is actually something possibly related to with the server talking with the client.

SP performance is not impacted at all for me, I would suggest starting there? 

I would suggest the full clean and install first. then trouble shoot. 

Had to do it myself. 

There is definitely something funny going on though. I dont disagree with you.. i just havent found it yet. 

7 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

I would suggest the full clean and install first. then trouble shoot. 

Had to do it myself. 

There is definitely something funny going on though. I dont disagree with you.. i just havent found it yet. 

I did this to no-avail unfortunately...

I'm gonna have to delay playing this until it is resolved >.<

I have lost 20-30 fps compare to latest 6v

i5 4670k 4.5ghz, gtx 1070, 8gb ddr3

jensen - 173 fps

jensen.jpg

kohat - 44 fps

kohat_1.jpg

Yechirovka - 53 fps

yechi.jpg

Sumari - 30 fps

sumari.jpg