wolfbaron

FXAA vs TXAA vs SMAA vs T+FXAA

Hello squad players !

just wanted to ask about the antialiasin options in v7 which of the mentioned in title is better for performance ?

im using a notebook for the game and since new patch fps dropped however i found slightly increased fps while using FXAA

can some one explain differences ??

Regards

wolf

None, FXAA, TXAA, T+FXAA, SMAA in that order for performance.  We think they work in reverse for looks.  These are common AA algorithms, you can find more info online except for T+FXAA which is a mix of all of them.

38 minutes ago, Trancer said:

None, FXAA, TXAA, T+FXAA, SMAA in that order for performance.  We think they work in reverse for looks.  These are common AA algorithms, you can find more info online except for T+FXAA which is a mix of all of them.

some time ago i've read here on the forum that AA is not really working in SQUAD.

is this now irrelevant with the release of V7 or is it still a thing that's being worked on?

somehow, no matter which AA setting i chose, everything gets extremely blurry but still looks

pixelated, really hurts my eyes. i'll try to turn off AA in the game menu and force AA using my GPU driver, maybe this will work better :)

Tested all the methods on local and:

FXAA - bez performance. The closer objects are to player, the better AA is looking. So on far distance FXAA does not look so good but it isn't blurry.

TXAA - the worst method. Less fps that with FXAA and objects on distance are very blurry so its hard to point.

MSAA - the best looking and the worst performance.

T+FXAA - looking similiar to MSAA but better performance (on local same as TXAA).

So FXAA and T+FXAA are the best

Edited by LoneRanger

5 hours ago, LoneRanger said:

Tested all the methods on local and:

FXAA - bez performance. The closer objects are to player, the better AA is looking. So on far distance FXAA does not look so good but it isn't blurry.

TXAA - the worst method. Less fps that with FXAA and objects on distance are very blurry so its hard to point.

MSAA - the best looking and the worst performance.

T+FXAA - looking similiar to MSAA but better performance (on local same as TXAA).

So FXAA and T+FXAA are the best

mmm i kinda played around and im think im sticking to FXAA for the fps boost it gave however what about the SMAA ? what this guy do ?

Made some screens to test the different AA options inV7 so i might as wel share them

All the different AA options with afterburner OSD visable so the performance can be compared

Resolution scale 100

Spoiler

70vxDBW.png

Gpb6l8r.png

buUzzGz.png

dKBMjbm.png

wLYycPL.png

Spoiler

gT1ICeQ.png

GMsEemo.png

L1Iz5EN.png

CeNxUbD.png

c2AJiKX.png

Resolution scale 120

Spoiler

DOQQS8F.png

I67t3NA.png

HYIzo8a.png

NHjfhzr.png

7oOpSKx.png

XucmbbV.png

Edited by Phalanx
added some extra screens

Good job, would you also like to tell us your specs? I think AMD & Nvidia perform different.

Edited by Pvt.Chill

1 hour ago, Pvt.Chill said:

Good job, would you also like to tell us your specs? I think AMD & Nvidia perform different.

Intel 4790K

GTX 970 OCed@ 1500 core, 4000 mem

8GB ram

Don't know how all the AA options perform on AMD gpus but i expect similar results

I have AMD GPU but I've tested AA in Training mode on Yehorivka, so the differences were only 1 fps:

FXAA - 56 fps

TXAA - 55 fps

MSAA - 54 fps

T+TXAA - 55 fps

I took screenshots with HighResShot 2 command and uploaded in HQ.

http://imgur.com/a/HOFRM (right click on an image and click Open image in new tab for best view)

Is it just me or there is no difference? For example, you can see the difference clearly in Phalanx's screenshot. I can't see anything on mines. Could be possible that the AAs broke somewhere along the way until 7.6? View resolution is set to %100 by the way and native is 1080p.

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST. Apparently my AntiAliasingMethodQuality= was set to 0, changed it to 3 and now AA works.

Edited by bilsantu
Additional Information