MDInteractive

New video, Potential Great Maps For Squad!

Hello people, as we are all very excited to see Squad succeed I decided to make something different then my usual Status Updates and so now I have made a video with a few 'POTENTIAL' great maps for Squad!

Let me know what you think in the comment section or leave your own suggestions!  :ph34r:

See you on the field,

MD

Oooh nice vid, I really really like the idea of a city/town in the US being a map. D.C. is a pretty good one, maybe in the outskirts (Arlington/Potomac River perhaps). Not really sure how it would go gameplay/design wise if the map was in the "center" of a major US city. But loving the ideas though.

Oooh nice vid, I really really like the idea of a city/town in the US being a map. D.C. is a pretty good one, maybe in the outskirts (Arlington/Potomac River perhaps). Not really sure how it would go gameplay/design wise if the map was in the "center" of a major US city. But loving the ideas though.

But, but, the bad guys can't ever make it to America because we're so stronk.  :rolleyes: 

Although honestly, fighting across the White House lawn and Washington Monument would be pretty awesome. Oh, and Seattle would be pretty cool, kinda like from World in Conflict. 

Nice...except the Marines saving Washington DC.  I would choose Rangers myself but i am bias.  JK, lol.  I like the map selection.  Would just take quite a while to get them playable i'm sure.

I would like to see a US vs China map based in a US mainland location.

China is the new world superpower that's strong confident and powerful, while USA is the old world superpower limping along like a rabid dog idolizing the past while frantically grasping at what little world power it has left.

:)

Ive long advocated for Kobani and/or Sinjar to be included. Especially Sinjar would make for a neat map, with all the high grounds scattered throughout the city (The city itself has lots of high and low ground). Surrounding villages could serve as Main bases, from which supplies are brought in. (also makes for perfect ambush oppurtunities)

Kobani would be a pretty straight forward map. The only problem im seeing with it is the weapon disparity, especially in the timeframe the map would play out in (Assault on the city), the defending forces (YPG) where very lightly armed, having next to no heavy weapons while facing Tanks and heavy artillery.

I absolutely love the Odessa idea though. Lets have another Muttrah, but with Nato vs Russia this time around. Could be awesome.

If they Remake all the maps From PR i would be perfectly fine with that they are all amazing.I dont need new maps. only issue would be the factions but I dont care about faction accuracy to a specific map.

i think a good map for squad would be a re-iteration of DC Oil Rigs from the Dersert Combat mod from Battefield 1942.

the blu for gets a aircraft carrier and some water craft with transport choppers and scout helicopters, maybe a couple jets if the game ever makes it that far.

the Opposing force (likely an islamist militia force, or chechens) has raided and taken control of a massive Oil sea rig.

blu for must infiltrate the sea rig, eliminate any resistance and secure key areas for reinforcing and supplies, while hunting down weapon caches hidden through the sub terrain of the rig complex.

another good map for squad would be DC Urban Siege.

Good ideas.

Here's a different possibility: Mogadishu.

The tricky part to this map would be the inclusion of non-combatant AI civilians. Similar to the 1993 occurrence, there would be a confusion element to the map, greatly increasing the need for purposeful decisions and communication across all fronts.

It seems strange, and maybe too much work, but if the idea of city-based maps become a reality, then the reality is that these cities are not deserted. In places like Somalia, incidents like the fights going on in Squad are not a foreign occurrence, and the cities don't evacuate at the first sound of a bullet shot.

Hey, I live in Odessa
Make the city center will be difficult due to a large Number of unique buildings.
It will be like a map senna сrossing  from BF3
We've got some really interestnyh places for a game if someone shows interest can put links to Google maps and explain.
But there are also areas with a typical Soviet architecture or private buildings that easier process of map сreating.