Sign in to follow this  
frozenyogurt

Russian counter to humvee

Now in v7 we have the M1151 humvees for the US and the BTR-80 for russians. I heard the US will get the IAV stryker. The stryker should be a counter to the BTR, so I wonder if the factions will be assymetrial and the russians wont get a  counter of the humvee or is there a russian counter to the humvee like the GAZ tigr with 50 cal?

Edited by frozenyogurt

from the thread below yours i found the things you are looking for. ;) how accurate they are i don't know im not in beta/alpha/somthing somthing inception.

'

2 hours ago, FalkoN said:

Pretty sure the devs mentioned that the stryker would probably come in a later v7 patch

2 hours ago, Snake_ said:

You are correct. Stryker is confirmed on the US side. But only 1 per team.

Stryker-r.gif

edit: I have a grudge agianst your title it has little to do with what your asking :P ima leave the info here anyways as it might help anyways. 

Edited by WiFiDi

I'm sure that, just like in PR, each faction will have their own specific vehicle for each classifaction (ex. Light transport/Scout vehicle, Transport, Armed Transport, APC, IFV, MBTs, ect.)

Russian equivalent in pr of the HMMWV was either the uav469, ural trucks or light brdm's.

9 hours ago, WiFiDi said:

from the thread below yours i found the things you are looking for. ;) how accurate they are i don't know im not in beta/alpha/somthing somthing inception.

'

edit: I have a grudge agianst your title it has little to do with what your asking :P ima leave the info here anyways as it might help anyways. 

Yeah I changed the title, dont know how I thought that title was a good idea.

On 07.08.2016 at 0:12 AM, frozenyogurt said:

Now in v7 we have the M1151 humvees for the US and the BTR-80 for russians. I heard the US will get the IAV stryker. The stryker should be a counter to the BTR, so I wonder if the factions will be assymetrial and the russians wont get a  counter of the humvee or is there a russian counter to the humvee like the GAZ tigr with 50 cal?

There is none.Vehicles,like TIGR or Rys'(Aka Iveco LMV) used only by Special Forces.Average weapon for it - PKM/PKM on top,sometimes combined with AGS-17/30 automatic grenade launcher.At least for vehicles at current service.

As for standart BTR - in fact,it's just a transport.They have weapon,mostly for self-defence,nothing more.And they also have less armor,than M1151.

On 07.08.2016 at 1:57 AM, Br@nnen said:

Russian equivalent in pr of the HMMWV was either the uav469, ural trucks or light brdm's.

1)UAZ,not uav.And it's actually not combat vehicle.It's just utility vehicle for non-combat personnel,like field surgery or high-ranked officers in save areas.

2)What BRDMs,wake up,it's 2016 already.Gasoline-powered engines are forbidden for combat usage for combat vehicles in Russian Army.All of them are in reserve.

BTW,why always should be counter?

For example portable thermobaric weapon.Currently only ex-USSR have this.Meanwhile - there is no shoulder-fired ATGMs,they all purposed to shoot from tripod.

Edited by samogon

9 hours ago, samogon said:

There is none.Vehicles,like TIGR or Rys'(Aka Iveco LMV) used only by Special Forces.Average weapon for it - PKM/PKM on top,sometimes combined with AGS-17/30 automatic grenade launcher.At least for vehicles at current service.

As for standart BTR - in fact,it's just a transport.They have weapon,mostly for self-defence,nothing more.And they also have less armor,than M1151.

1)UAZ,not uav.And it's actually not combat vehicle.It's just utility vehicle for non-combat personnel,like field surgery or high-ranked officers in save areas.

2)What BRDMs,wake up,it's 2016 already.Gasoline-powered engines are forbidden for combat usage for combat vehicles in Russian Army.All of them are in reserve.

BTW,why always should be counter?

For example portable thermobaric weapon.Currently only ex-USSR have this.Meanwhile - there is no shoulder-fired ATGMs,they all purposed to shoot from tripod.

a thought i just had. do the russians or any faction need an exact copy of eachother? i guess what im asking is do the russians even need a exact equivalent to Humvee. the devs seem to have gone through a number of lengths to release the first 2 vehciles that are very different from eachother yet balanced out by their differences. so perhaps the plan is to continue this trend making each facton have its own playstyle. :D 

Edited by WiFiDi

9 hours ago, Br@nnen said:

PRs Russian Faction been created long time ago.When BRDMs still been at service.As well as setting.Mostly they based on Chechen War scenarios,so BRDMs makes sence there.

On 8/13/2016 at 2:04 AM, samogon said:

PRs Russian Faction been created long time ago.When BRDMs still been at service.As well as setting.Mostly they based on Chechen War scenarios,so BRDMs makes sence there.

I need Chechnya in Squad; perhaps the 3rd Chechen war. But I'm more of a fan of the older conflicts, gear and weapons.

46 minutes ago, Glocknade said:

I need Chechnya in Squad; perhaps the 3rd Chechen war. But I'm more of a fan of the older conflicts, gear and weapons.

I can't say Russia have too much new weapon today.The newest was presented at last Military parade.

All other - been developed in USSR.Even BMP3 was born in '89.And it was used in action in 1st(!) Chechen war.The problem was - USSR collapsed,so all plans on it been ruined.

At now - we just scrap outdated vehicles and reorgainze structure.Now - recon role provide by infantry,mounted on BTRs or BMPs.Or by BRMs(Modified BMP).Of cource if we talking about regular infantry units.

I think the TIGER is a good counter, when the stryker enters on the battlefield. 

imagefull11-e1394174394551.jpg?fit=1024%

2 hours ago, Pyle_DK said:

I think the TIGER is a good counter, when the stryker enters on the battlefield. 

imagefull11-e1394174394551.jpg?fit=1024%

Only SF use them.

Isn't squad supposed to have asymmetrical warfare? That's like saying "Give US Infantry a SCAR-H so they can have 7.62 too!" or saying "Give militia and insurgents a stolen humvee! They don't have bullet proof vehicles!" I'm not trying to sound narcissistic, but everything doesn't have to be symmetrical, it creates a certain dynamic in combat that forces you to act as that faction would to counter the other faction's strength. Such as when I'm leading as a squad leader in US versus insurgents, I never tell my LAT (Light Anti-Tank) guy "Keep that LAW out, we might encounter some tekkis." because I know technicals can't do shit against small arms. But if I'm insurgent facing Russia or US I'm always like, "Have that HEAT round ready, stay to the rear of the formation and keep your eyes and ears open for those loud ass engines." I think we should play the game in an asymmetrical setting because it boosts critical thinking and situational awareness.