Polo Besscobar

Benchmarks with screenshots and FPS counter

Hi guys,

I've received a lot of performance-related questions from my Counter Strike buddies who mostly use mid-level rigs and play CS just fine. I know a lot has been said about this topic, but since a picture is worth a thousand words, let's try it this way...

System:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 @ 3.3Ghz (4 cores)

RAM: 16 GB

Graphic card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 OC, 4GB

- Display settings in NVidia Control Panel set to: "Best quality"

- GPU overclocked to +26Mhz (to 1216/1279 Mhz) using Gigabyte OC Guru II

HDD (Squad installation location): External Seagate 3TB, USB3

DirectX version: 11

Squad Performance:

90-100 FPS on the Firing range and 40-60 FPS on a full server (70 players)

Graphics settings:

squad-settings.jpg

(last row is missing, it didn't fit the screen: Effects details is also set to Epic)

How it looks:

squad-how_it_looks.jpg

Other stuff / interesting notes:

- Moving the game (using SteamMover) from SATA HDD (500GB) to External USB3 drive makes the game load 3x-5x faster

---

Wanna share yours?

Edited by Polo Besscobar

So they are getting double the framerate on a game released 4 years ago?

No, that's not the point. The point was that it's very hard to convince a person with a low-mid rig performance to even try it. I did, and I spent 200€ for a new Graphic card because it was "love at first game".

It runs great on a 5 year old system with 200€ GPU, that's all I wanted to say. It is still enjoyable on a 90€ GPU, but with min details and lower resolution.

I know they'd love it (we play together all the time), but their response was: this wouldn't even run on my PC and "it's 36€, that's a lot".

If you read through the forums, you have people with 3000€ systems complaining about FPS, which is absurd. It gives the wrong impression to all of those who are interested and do a bit of research before they buy it.

Edited by Polo Besscobar

Yep I got at 2k€ system (i7, GTX980ti, 16gigRam, SSD) and can't play properly anymore, but not because of the client fps, because of the server performance ;)

I would wait for v8 if I were your friend.

Hopefully, we will see stable running servers (with vehicles) and optimization of the client (even for the AMD guys out there).

It's amazing how everything changed from yesterday. My FPS also dropped so I had to OC my GPU a little bit more and change all setting to max performance to be able to play. There is a performance drop and it mostly depends on the number of players the server can support. The FPS stay the same whatever you have in your current viewport and lowering resolution doesn't help that much. Hope they fix it soon...

i7 4770k, gtx 1070 16GB RAM and the game just..... well runs like crap atm.

My frames dropped from 60 with everything on epic and 200% Resolution Scale to 35 with high settings and 120% Resolution Scale. Just updated from a gtx770 and now i get the same frames as with the old card ^^

And it feels very laggy atm.

Well, it seems that overclocking the CPU does a whole lot of difference. I just overclocked Core i5 2500 3.3GHz to 4GHz and got an immediate boost of 15-20 FPS. Overclocking my GTX 960 also helps, but it only adds 5 FPS on average.