cherv'

btr-80 doors, hatches and firing ports

topic's features  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want these features implemented, at least in the long term perspective?

• yes
    • no

Are firing ports and top hatches confirmed? Do devs plan to start implementing them in the long term perspecrive? Will i be able to chose the door to leave the ambushed vehicle through for safety reasons? Will i be able to throw grenades through the open hatch or shoot rpgs and manpads standing in one? If no why? I mean its already not a free mod and since people pay for the game they can ask for some features that make the game different from the free to play modification. Im talking about project reality.

Edited by cherv'

Top hatches no, firing ports i think are coming, doors in the btr are not openable, but are set up to be in some other vehicles.

The reason for this on the btr is theres no interior modelled. We took this decision purposefully as it takes a LOT of time to model interiors.

However, lets see how the game goes. Its not impossible to add these things in later. Im a big fan of vehicles, and flight sims etc, so i personally love all that shit, interior cokpits with warning lights and weapon systems etc. However, i also completely see the logic of why were not including them now.

For instance, our current btr cockpit is just the 3p model, and looks a bit junk. We have a separate cockpit view to look through all modelled, but need a system to hide the 3p mesh, show the 1p mesh, but only for the driver etc etc. In short, its a bit complicated, not coming for a7, but you never know, perhaps in the future. If people are LOVING the vehicular gameplay, it might become worthwhile to add more systems like you describe, but dont expect it as a definite feature.

Personally, aside from helicopters and MBTs, rest of the vehicles can be ignored in these regards. Hell, even MBTs can be ignored but helicopters, please. <3

wow, thanks for response

44 minutes ago, Drav said:

doors in the btr are not openable

When i was talking about doors i didnt mention that i want them be openable, i just think pessanger just should have the ability to chose right or left door to leave the vehicle.If its on the opposite side of the vehicle the process can take few seconds more. This small feature can save lives and is very useful in ambush situations.

Edited by cherv'

15 hours ago, Drav said:

might become worthwhile to add more systems like you describe

When the game is finished and does really well I would totaly love to see a "Vehicle Update" with vehicle models that have interiors etc. But yeah totally agree it takes a lot of time and hard surface modelling to create a whole interior for a BTR.

Shooting RPGs from inside a BTR? You'd kill everyone inside with the pressure exerted from the back blast, that sounds like some COD play right there.

13 minutes ago, Aloysius said:

Shooting RPGs from inside a BTR? You'd kill everyone inside with the pressure exerted from the back blast, that sounds like some COD play right there.

017.jpg

stryker_050101a_0ntyoa2005-01-31.jpg

wow you are so smart like did you actuall read what i was talking about?

23 hours ago, cherv' said:

Will i be able to throw grenades through the open hatch or shoot rpgs and manpads standing in one?

Edited by cherv'

Yes, resort to immediately dismantling my intelligence, that's definitely going to gain you support.
There's more than just top hatches that you're on about, there's also side hatches, I did read your post, so before you jump to nonsensical name calling I suggest you step back and read from my point of view, which your grammar, and sentence structure was very unclear.

BTR-80-10.jpg~original

First probably coaxial PKT and AP/HE ammo will come, then hopefully BTR-80A (30mm!!) or directly BMP-2/3... :D And maybe T-62 also in a few months! :D

Edited by DanielNL