Vossakurwa

Music is really awesome, but

Hey, just wanted to say that the music is awesome but it could be handled better in the game imo.

When game starts , a song starts. Join a server, and song stops, while loading. If connection failed or server full, it returns you to main menu and a new song starts from scratch.

So in general you just hear bits and pieces of it.

What if instead the music continued until ready to spawn? Or, that the song you previously listened to continued from previous pos, or something.

Just something that always gets in my head every time i play Squad. Scott Tobins music is awesome :)

I am just guessing here. (not a programmer)

Threaded audio processing was added in UE 4.12. So I think it is technically feasible to hear @Alkali's awsome soundtrack without intermission.

Although I am not sure about the priority to implement it.

I read your thread title and thought 'Oh no, here we go again, more nitpicking' but I am glad you posted such a good suggestion. The music is awesome but unless you stop in the server browser for long periods you don't get to enjoy it for much time at all. Having it play until you're actually at the squad selection screen would be brilliant.

Great suggestion and welcome to the community. 

9 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

I read your thread title and thought 'Oh no, here we go again, more nitpicking' but I am glad you posted such a good suggestion. The music is awesome but unless you stop in the server browser for long periods you don't get to enjoy it for much time at all. Having it play until you're actually at the squad selection screen would be brilliant.

Great suggestion and welcome to the community. 

Thanks :) That title was well planed and it seemed to work!

On 6-8-2016 at 1:16 AM, Vossakurwa said:

When game starts , a song starts. Join a server, and song stops, while loading. If connection failed or server full, it returns you to main menu and a new song starts from scratch.

Totally agree.

The music is so nice it would be fine if it would stop when you actually connected to a server.

The first time I tried squad and I heard the menu music I was like wooooooww, shit sounds awesome! xD

Old thread;

I was thinking about this the other day, it would be nice if the music played all the way through until the staging phase ends.

I have the music disabled since v10 ;-) 

Edited by Bahrein

When (not if) Karkand is added, I want to hear this:

Or else I'll come find you and tickle you! 

14 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

When (not if) Karkand is added, I want to hear this:

Or else I'll come find you and tickle you! 

Oooooooo helll yes ;-) me wants that in the main menu too.

Always loved that.