Sign in to follow this  

First off, sorry if this has been suggested before.
I couldn't find it from the search.

To the subject.
Please add manual bolting to bolt-action rifles like in Red Orchestra.

What this means is that after firing a round you click the fire button again to recycle a new round into the chamber.

Simple.

Makes playing bolt-action rifles much more effective and would be really helpful for snipers.

What I have read so far is that sniper classes that would include bolt action rifles aren't in the plans yet. They encourage "K/D ratio" play from the gamers which would not be beneficial to the teamwork aspect Squad is going for.

I'm sure they'll be added in the future at some point but not right now.

However, if there is a marksman class for the opfor that included Mosin Nagants I would very much like there to be manual bolting. But like I said above, I don't think we'll see bolt actions for a while.

There are plenty of OpFor classes in PR that use a bolt-action rifle without an optic. Example: Taliban Sapper.

I hope OP's suggestion is implemented, cause it's the logical way to do bolt-action rifles.

What I have read so far is that sniper classes that would include bolt action rifles aren't in the plans yet. They encourage "K/D ratio" play from the gamers which would not be beneficial to the teamwork aspect Squad is going for.

I'm sure they'll be added in the future at some point but not right now.

However, if there is a marksman class for the opfor that included Mosin Nagants I would very much like there to be manual bolting. But like I said above, I don't think we'll see bolt actions for a while.

I don't understand how not automatically cycling a new round so you can see where your bullet went = "K/D ratio" play. 

I don't understand how not automatically cycling a new round so you can see where your bullet went = "K/D ratio" play.

Non he meant sniper = K/D ratio play, and on modern warfare settings bolt action rifle are mostly snipers (few for insurgents factions)

Would be a good feature, was quite liking the M24 in PR and the Mosin's some Insurgent classes got. I'm assuming the reason it wasn't in that is because of some limitation with the BF2 engine.

Non he meant sniper = K/D ratio play, and on modern warfare settings bolt action rifle are mostly snipers (few for insurgents factions)

Oh my bad, I misunderstood. I was thinking of the mosin and such. :P

Some people do try to play it as a K/D ratio kit, however, some people do use it (such as myself) for pure recon or taking out, say, an AA emplacement to allow CAS to fly through. 

Yeah I see. I simply misunderstood, my bad! Has there been serious talks about not including a sniper kit in Squad for the pure reason of "K/D play"?