6 hours ago, -Steve- said:

^me

Holy shit your post count's gone up since the dawn of anonymous liking! Seems your plan is working!

Funny enough tapatalk still tells you who it was who liked your post (doesn't work if many people do it though)

3 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Funny enough tapatalk still tells you who it was who liked your post (doesn't work if many people do it though)

Don't tell them! 

one more person like OP that shall not be named

1 hour ago, Disco said:

one more person like OP that shall not be named

Liked!^

8 hours ago, -Steve- said:

B|

Not even kidding it seems you've gained a hundred likes since I last saw it...

ITS NO LONGER CALLED "LIKING" - IT SAYS "SOMEONE GAVE YOU REPUTATION" PLS NO AND NOW THERE'S AN ARROW AND YOU CAN'T SEE HOW MANY LIKES SOMETHING HAS SO YOU CAN'T BE JUST LIKE THE OTHER KIDS AND LIKE IT TOO PLEASE SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP

Edited by SgtHerhi

lol... i think one of moderators are messing with us :D

Spoiler

good humor btw

Edited by Disco

As much fun as this thread has been I think that it is really a silly point at the root of it all.  OWI should just set the damn thing to show and be done with it.  Personally I dont think that it will kill the forums or anyone in it.  Seriously, OWI (Spectral or whoever is running the backend these days) what is the rational behind disallowing or not setting the reputation feature to perform the way it can.  I could really care less if I get any "Likes" or positive "Reputation" points.  What I like even less is when someone disagrees with someone and is too cowardly to do anything more than hit that negative reputation arrow and not have the balls to state the reason why.  Most people can handle the negative comments just fine or at the very least accept them and have an open dialogue with the person that disagrees with them.  The way it is set now paves the road for trolls or butt hurt individuals to simply hit the negative down arrow and walk away feeling good about themselves and to watch and see if some sort of shit storm erupts.

OWI, your forums will not be consumed by the fires of hell if you set the reputation feature to show who gave the rating.  It works just fine on my site and so many of the other sites that I frequent.  If you really truly dont want to set the feature to show the names then turf it altogether and be done with it.  There can be no fires if there is no source of fuel.

19 minutes ago, -Steve- said:

-

Yeah If we'll be serious here for a minute again - I do actually ageee with all Steve here said. I quite liked the first version of the liking system, but that's just me. If and as it apparently didn't do what the glorious forumkeepers wanted then sure, be rid of it. But having a voting system that no one can see the results of is just silly to me. Downvotes have never accomplished anything but lynchmobs. Not being able to join a lynchmob by a dislike is a + but why bother with the damn things anyway.  Just beyond me how this current system is better than the old one and if you settle with this one, which is as barebones as one can go, just why bother?

4 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

RIP Like button

I wanted to post this comment but saw that you posted it. So I tried to like it.....This is a huge loss...how else am I supposed to mindlessly think a post is good without likes?

Anywho, +1.

Why remove the like button instead of reputation points?

Edited by Dennisz125

They should fix it by putting the names of people who liked the posts and then we can see all the people who have done this and expose the desperados. got no friends so got to like there own posts I bet they send themselves valentine cards too :)

Edited by Krypton56

On 8/18/2016 at 9:11 AM, Krypton56 said:

I bet they send themselves valentine cards too :)

Why you gotta hit below the belt brah. :/

17 hours ago, Catindabox said:

Now we need a "RIP like button" thread

Already done :P

2 hours ago, GreatDestroyerDT said:

Why you gotta hit below the belt brah. :/

Haha people like that make me sick :D