Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 7.7

801 posts in this topic
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:34 AM, JozoNalozil said:

if on win 10 turn of drm thing in xbox app. boost fps quite good.

anyone bitching about performance in alpha is just wrong.

comparing squad to bf franchise is just plain stupid. would love to see first bf3 in alpha when frostbite was in diapers. heck even bf3 release run like shit at first and donr get me started on the connectivity issues that lasted for months after RELEASE!!!

This is no normal alpha.  In a  normal alpha,  the game engine would be an engine already polished.  The damn UE4 is still in alpha.  What would you expect when you use an un polished UE4 that's basically an alpha level engine.  Combine Squad in alpha with the UE4 in alpha and you get a very poor performing game.  They should have just used UE3 instead then we wouldn't be having these problems and the game would look almost as good (but more than good enough).

On 9/22/2016 at 1:07 AM, RaTzo said:

On 9/26/2016 at 11:34 AM, JozoNalozil said:

if on win 10 turn of drm thing in xbox app. boost fps quite good.

anyone bitching about performance in alpha is just wrong.

comparing squad to bf franchise is just plain stupid. would love to see first bf3 in alpha when frostbite was in diapers. heck even bf3 release run like shit at first and donr get me started on the connectivity issues that lasted for months after RELEASE!!!

drm ? whats that.

56 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Well OldChap,here is a short list of games who are using UE4....

http://www.indiedb.com/engines/unreal-engine-4/games

And like Squad, many/most of those have similar issues.  Epic dumped a half broken game engine on devs and said "here its almost free".  Why else do you see indy devs using it...its almost free.  You get what you pay for.  Had they used a polished established engine we wouldn't be discussing this.  Just hope the decision to use the buggy UE4 doesn't kill Squad.

11 hours ago, Daytrader said:

sorry its VDR thing - 

win10: 

14 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

This is no normal alpha.  In a  normal alpha,  the game engine would be an engine already polished.  The damn UE4 is still in alpha.  What would you expect when you use an un polished UE4 that's basically an alpha level engine.  Combine Squad in alpha with the UE4 in alpha and you get a very poor performing game.  They should have just used UE3 instead then we wouldn't be having these problems and the game would look almost as good (but more than good enough).

UE3 does not have the longevity ahead of it as UE4 has. UE3 is old. Squad might be running strong for many years and by that time UE3 will be obsolete. I am very happy the devs chose UE4 instead of UE3 even if it means moar trouble at first. You obviously would like to have a finished UE3 game right now cuz you are just impatient and entitled to have it NOW. Srew that. 

If you want UE3 shooter that bad just wait for Q3 2017 RS2 release

10 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

And like Squad, many/most of those have similar issues.  Epic dumped a half broken game engine on devs and said "here its almost free".  Why else do you see indy devs using it...its almost free.  You get what you pay for.  Had they used a polished established engine we wouldn't be discussing this.  Just hope the decision to use the buggy UE4 doesn't kill Squad.

i hope UE4 doesnt kill you first :D be more patient... Squad is gonna be awesome in UE4 wether you approve or not 

I hope you are right, but I also have doubts with UE4 making Squad succesful. Yes, I would rather have Squad asap and the developers less work. But now they also have to work on the engine as well...

It doesn't matter if UE3 is old, the only thing that matters is: Does it have all the features necessary to make the game principle work? I guess yes. The graphics are not so important, as CSGO or Insurgency show.

E: Look at the less than 20 people of Tornbanner, who released a game like Chivalry, which runs incredibly well.

Edited by Skymo

UE3 is not capable of running the large scale maps that Squad needs. The only other engine they could have used is Cryengine, so i think made the right choice when they picked UE4.

3 minutes ago, Bad Ash said:

UE3 is not capable of running the large scale maps that Squad needs. The only other engine they could have used is Cryengine, so i think made the right choice when they picked UE4.

This, also the UE3 support´s 64 Players max if I remember correctly.

In that case I said nothing. Are there any sources on that?

On the other hand: BF2 was also never capable of more than 64 players. :D

Getting 100 players would not be a problem in UE3, there are MMO's that run on that engine. 

7 minutes ago, Skymo said:

In that case I said nothing. Are there any sources on that?

On the other hand: BF2 was also never capable of more than 64 players. :D

It is, well rather PR has 100 slot servers.

They cracked the engine but that took a lot of time.

Hi!

What is acceptable range of FOV settings? Is it 90-120?

I can't see a thing in the center.

To the point where actual aiming zone is the size of tennis ball and enemies represented by pixels.

I would love to do a 65, but change in .ini won't take effect

Single-screen full HD TV sitting 1,7 meters from me, SQUAD is pretty unplayable at this point to me

BTW Arma 3 lets players change their FOV to whatever they like ;)

On 9/22/2016 at 1:07 AM, RaTzo said:

Go play BF1 and enjoy it. I'm not trolling or flaming you. 

If you don't notice the many differences between what you can see, do, and experience in Squad and what you can in BF then just go play BF and enjoy it. 

Based on my experience with the entire BF franchise except BF2141 & BF1: You won't have the view distance. You won't have maps even remotely as large. You won't have a dynamic battlefield that can be played a near infinite number of ways. You won't have extremely good VOIP. Oh and you'll pay nearly $200CAD to play a game that will be broken as often as it works and will suffer from OP weapons and gadgets for years before they "balance" them by making other weapons & gadgets OP.  Most importantly you won't experience good teamplay that happens in Squad every day with randoms unless you link up with a small dedicated group of likeminded BF players. 

The differences are stark to me, but if they are not to you then just go play BF it is probably great for you. Gaming is about enjoyment. If you're not enjoying Squad right now take a break at least. Maybe in a few months you can come back and you'll be able to enjoy it more when the game is further along in it's development. 

Enjoy your gaming. Make great friends. I've made many great decades long friendships through gaming. Getting mad on the forum for a game won't help it be better for you it will just sour the pot for you. 

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I'm not playing the game right now because I don't want to spoil it for myself. I'll be back at the next update. OWI is going to pull this off just be patient. 

Mate, i love Squad, just expect better graphics for the performance we get, im still playing PR as well, nothing comes close to Squad for gameplay/teamwork, guess like you, i dont play as much until performance issues are sorted.

12 hours ago, JozoNalozil said:

sorry its VDR thing - 

win10: 

Ah i see, what the setting at the bottom or the whole dvr tab off.

Just now, Daytrader said:

Ah i see, what the setting at the bottom or the whole dvr tab off.

Settings at the bottom, select Game DVR tab, turn to off.

16 hours ago, Daytrader said:

Mate, i love Squad, just expect better graphics for the performance we get

Just wanna say that graphics aren't the only thing that matters in game design or performance. The amount of calculations your CPU is doing for the game is 100x more important than the GPU you have in games like Squad and Arma. Just because there is poor performance doesn't mean the graphics have to be intense.

We are now pushing a version 7.6 hotfix release, here are the changes:

• Fully disabled Valve Anti-Cheat on servers as it is not currently used (Squad uses Easy Anti-Cheat). This is to resolve issues where certain players were unable to connect to servers.
  • Fixed the bug where vehicle drivers are unable to see any players around them after driving a long distance away from the location they entered the vehicle.
  • Added a fix for a rare crash relating to visual effects.
  • Added a number of additional performance measuring code markers to aid developers with working on Alpha 8.

really bad shake on acog now when ads ..not sway or anything just jittery even holding steady aim.. Known issue ? Didn't notice it before...

3 hours ago, xfxinfinity said:

really bad shake on acog now when ads ..not sway or anything just jittery even holding steady aim.. Known issue ? Didn't notice it before...

I think it's known and old. It's not easy fix, they are working with UE4 devs to solve that one.