Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 7.7

mazadu   
On 9/13/2016 at 11:35 PM, Karm said:

@mazaduare you running DirectX12 by any chance? It's not supported yet in this game. You may have to remove '-dx12' from the shortcut or steam launch options of Squad.

that was it I forgot I'fd tested it earlier that day

56 minutes ago, Nightstalker21 said:

I get kicked by EAC since tonight, 1st time I play Squad 7.4 ; 7.3 worked fine. Tried uninstall-reinstall, verify game cache, uninstall-reinstall EAC and so on, doenst works atm.

Will keep trying ;) TY for the tip

Thats strange just played a full match without any problems. Maybe broken .dll file or old ver

2 hours ago, Kalbouneh said:

Thats strange just played a full match without any problems. Maybe broken .dll file or old ver

That's strange, didn't change anything and now it works...

EDIT : just played 3 games to test it, 1st ok, 2nd fatal error + disco by EAC when trying to reconnect, then tried a second time and connected successfully and finished the full round...

Edited by Nightstalker21

16 hours ago, Nightstalker21 said:

That's strange, didn't change anything and now it works...

EDIT : just played 3 games to test it, 1st ok, 2nd fatal error + disco by EAC when trying to reconnect, then tried a second time and connected successfully and finished the full round...

just great to hear bro, yea sometimes it acts wierd lol

Merlin   

We are now pushing a version 7.5 hotfix release, here are the changes:

• Fixed a client side crash relating to effects code in the engine introduced following the upgrade to Unreal Engine version 4.12.
  • Fixed some possible memory corruption which may have been leading to crashes relating to the initialization of the console on startup.
  • Fixed a rare server crash in vehicle claiming code.
  • Pulled in a performance fix for Alpha 8 using a much faster method for drawing nametags. Note that in order to facilitate this, nametags will now be rendered through walls for nearby friendlies.
  • Performance improved on the maps Op First Light, Kohat, Sumari and Logar by fixing improperly sized terrain textures.
  • Fixed soldiers being invisible in local play on Jensen's Range, a bug introduced in a performance fix for alpha 7.4.
  • Fixed an exploit relating to users tweaking their FOV outside of acceptable ranges.
  • Increased the starting velocity for the spectation camera from 2.5 to 15 meters per second.

Great! I actually haven't gotten a single crash since 7.4 and fps was very playable on my GTX950 and mid-range CPU except that Sumari got a bit choppy at times. Looking forward to testing out the performance fixes.

Thr34t   

Still getting bad FPS.

i5 2500k

GeForce 780 GTX

8GB RAM

V6 I was gettng a minimum of 35 FPS, as in, during the most intense moments I was dipping down to 35. In most scenarios I was sitting around 45-60 which was very playable. I was one of the people that was wishing for vehicles to be released thinking there was no way they would ruin the game.

Since V7, even with this last hot fix, I'm sitting at 25 FPS when nothing is going on and into the teens during combat. I'll continue to wait for the performance patch.

5 hours ago, Kalbouneh said:

downloading atm, feeling excited. :)

V.7.5 Played 2 full matches without any errors, and for the performance I gained couple of extra fps's about 3 or 4.

so far so good, but still my 60 fps are not capped most of the time :) I miss it.

Edited by Kalbouneh
for VER 7.5

Prolands   

Devs = Absolutely Based

As a side note can someone summarize existing best practice after downloading a patch? One thing i remember is deleting the squad's %appdata% folder... or am I confused here?

Skymo   
3 hours ago, JozoNalozil said:

eitherway I get lower fps than before but I do find it more fluid even at 35 fps than before at 35 fps

That's something I realized, too. And 40 FPS feel like the 50-55 before. Quite interesting.

Scarish   
7 hours ago, Thr34t said:

Still getting bad FPS.

i5 2500k

GeForce 780 GTX

8GB RAM

V6 I was gettng a minimum of 35 FPS, as in, during the most intense moments I was dipping down to 35. In most scenarios I was sitting around 45-60 which was very playable. I was one of the people that was wishing for vehicles to be released thinking there was no way they would ruin the game.

Since V7, even with this last hot fix, I'm sitting at 25 FPS when nothing is going on and into the teens during combat. I'll continue to wait for the performance patch.

Try to add this to your DefaultEngine.ini ([SystemSettings] section) Helped me much - fpsincrease from 15-25 to 40-60 on Gorodok map. My system is pretty similar to yours - i7-2600k(non-overclocked)/16Gb/NV GTX570

Spoiler

;SHADOW

r.LightFunctionQuality=0
r.ShadowQuality=3
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=2048
r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.05
r.Shadow.DistanceScale=0.25
r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=2
r.DistanceFieldShadowing=0
r.DistanceFieldAO=0
r.AllowLandscapeShadows=0

;POSTPROCESS

r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=0
r.AmbientOcclusionMaxQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.BloomQuality=0
r.FastBlurThreshold=0

;TEXTURE

r.Streaming.MipBias=1
r.Streaming.PoolSize=4096

;FOLIAGE

foliage.DensityScale=0.6
grass.DensityScale=0.6

;EXTRA

r.MaxAnisotropy=16
r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
r.GBufferFormat=0
r.ReflectionEnvironment=0
r.TiledDeferredShading=0
r.Decal.FadeScreenSizeMult=0

;END

6 hours ago, Prolands said:

As a side note can someone summarize existing best practice after downloading a patch? One thing i remember is deleting the squad's %appdata% folder... or am I confused here?

I don't know that an appdata wipe is totally necessary on an incremental patch. I actually just did it for the first time in a long time after v7.4--I hadn't been facing any issues that others weren't facing, but decided to do it because of the performance-related fix attempt they mentioned was coming in that release, just to be sure it would "take". I will definitely do it for v8 though (if it's not forced, somehow, anyway), as I'm sure there will be a lot of engine-related settings, made via the settings files, that will come into play.

I have seen a few folks mention a restart after the Steam update (maybe for EAC issues?), but I haven't had to do that, either, myself.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:35 AM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Hold on boys!. Lets see what UE4.13 brings to the table (No guarantees tho)

Lets hope they can figure out this defective engine code.  Honestly the graphics don't look any better than BF3 but with poor performance.

On 9/20/2016 at 7:13 PM, Oldschool61 said:

Lets hope they can figure out this defective engine code.  Honestly the graphics don't look any better than BF3 but with poor performance.

Yeh i think this myself, just look at bf1 fecking awesome graphics and millions of things going on at once, all at super smooth 60fps on big maps as well, i could understand the bad performance if the graphics were great like the UE4 teck demos we all seen.

Zenrique   
3 hours ago, Daytrader said:

Yeh i think this myself, just look at bf1 fecking awesome graphics and millions of things going on at once, all at super smooth 60fps on big maps as well, i could understand the bad performance if the graphics were great like the UE4 teck demos we all seen.

As a dev already said, cant compare because the studio who produces battlefield series has millions of dollars and a huge team to work on an engine which has been evolving for years, while OWI is a indie team with just 30 people and a limited budget working on a new engine. You are comparing a ferrari factory to a car made on a garage.

RaTzo   
5 hours ago, Daytrader said:

Go play BF1 and enjoy it. I'm not trolling or flaming you. 

If you don't notice the many differences between what you can see, do, and experience in Squad and what you can in BF then just go play BF and enjoy it. 

Based on my experience with the entire BF franchise except BF2141 & BF1: You won't have the view distance. You won't have maps even remotely as large. You won't have a dynamic battlefield that can be played a near infinite number of ways. You won't have extremely good VOIP. Oh and you'll pay nearly $200CAD to play a game that will be broken as often as it works and will suffer from OP weapons and gadgets for years before they "balance" them by making other weapons & gadgets OP.  Most importantly you won't experience good teamplay that happens in Squad every day with randoms unless you link up with a small dedicated group of likeminded BF players. 

The differences are stark to me, but if they are not to you then just go play BF it is probably great for you. Gaming is about enjoyment. If you're not enjoying Squad right now take a break at least. Maybe in a few months you can come back and you'll be able to enjoy it more when the game is further along in it's development. 

Enjoy your gaming. Make great friends. I've made many great decades long friendships through gaming. Getting mad on the forum for a game won't help it be better for you it will just sour the pot for you. 

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I'm not playing the game right now because I don't want to spoil it for myself. I'll be back at the next update. OWI is going to pull this off just be patient. 

Edited by RaTzo

lawnboy   

Draw distance has nothing to do with the awful performance, it's poor coding plain and simple. Lots of games offer huge draw distances and run just fine. He's not wrong to point out that Squad isn't anything special from a technical standpoint yet it performs terribly.