Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 7.7

801 posts in this topic

Because the fatal errors in 7.3 are quite annoying, and I bet 70% of the people are not playing anymore because of that. Empty servers everywhere.

It's higher by a few dozen players, tops. What that graph really shows is a fairly steady number of players who are regulars and a lot of players who dropped off after launch, came back when they heard vehicles were out and left sorely disappointed, no doubt because of the performance and stability issues. 

It's higher by a few dozen players, tops. What that graph really shows is a fairly steady number of players who are regulars and a lot of players who dropped off after launch, came back when they heard vehicles were out and left sorely disappointed, no doubt because of the performance and stability issues. 

Then why play an alpha? There are always going to be bumps in the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Haha more players now then before v7, yeeeeh for sure... :)  More players now then for an example in June, NOPE.    BTW I'm not a forum warrior. :) I play the game. :P    787H + 200H Pre-Alpha.

Edited by Dundish

3 hours ago, Dundish said:

Haha more players now then before v7, yeeeeh for sure... :)  More players now then for an example in June, NOPE

June 2016 

Average: 593 players

Peak: 1528

Last 30 days

Average: 689 players (+16%)

Peak: 1717 (+12%)

3 hours ago, Dundish said:

BTW I'm not a forum warrior. :) I play the game. :P

I'd love to play the game but v7 killed performance so much that it is unplayable. I don't need 60 fps, but 25fps average with dips into the teens when the shooting starts, is not enjoyable... thus defeating the purpose of playing it for me, and thus I class v7 as (personally) unplayable. 

5 hours ago, lawnboy said:

no doubt because of the performance and stability issues. 

That's pretty much it.

I get 55-71fps fixed upper limit at 2K on full servers,

I kinda need more please.......................................................................................................!

Why we have nice and helpful Info's spread around on multiple sites?

Everything should be here on game forums.

???

1 hour ago, Dr.Quick said:

???

I agree but I think some of the logic is that if they have some good discourse on reddit, there is a chance of being "upvoted" or something, which can lead to good exposure for the game, thus potentially increasing the playerbase (through more sales). If we all just stuck to the squad forums, it creates a really tight community, but that isn't good for spreading the word. I was never a fan of IRC, and thus I have very little interest in discord (for dev -> community info... I think it is great for community collaboration on modding projects). Basically anything that seems "odd" because it is spreading the info out, is in part for marketing purposes (I hope). 

Edited by Psyrus

???

I'm with you,...Before Steam release all updates/communication was through the Main Forum (Here),but it has changed now with all this reddits,Steam,Discord, Twitter,Facebook etc,etc. It has fragmented the community & this Forum is a shadow of its former self. 

I'm Old fashion geezer,Main Forum should always be numero uno for infornation, but our Dev's have to do was right for their business/sales.

46 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

I'm with you,...Before Steam release all updates/communication was through the Main Forum (Here),but it has changed now with all this reddits,Steam,Discord, Twitter,Facebook etc,etc. It has fragmented the community & this Forum is a shadow of its former self. 

I'm Old fashion geezer,Main Forum should always be numero uno for infornation, but our Dev's have to do was right for their business/sales.

tl; total agree :-)

49 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Gawddamn I feel old but I totally agree. I wish the forum was still the main base for information, I get why the devs tend to use discord/reddit though, I just hate having to troll around and still missing information.

I don't give a flying **** how many players. Can anyone tell me when they get it fixed, lol.

Yes,OK..spread the word around for marketing,but crucial and important info should be here.

I sadly have to say that i stopped playing squad because of the low fps after previous patch. I played quad  alot but now i am waiting for v8. cause its depressing with 20 fps on a shooter

No hate i appreciate the hard work of the Devs and i really love the game and i will jump back on it as soon as the optimization is done.

33 minutes ago, Jon Schnee Ger said:

I sadly have to say that i stopped playing squad because of the low fps after previous patch. I played quad  alot but now i am waiting for v8. cause its depressing with 20 fps on a shooter

No hate i appreciate the hard work of the Devs and i really love the game and i will jump back on it as soon as the optimization is done.

Same here.Unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Jon Schnee Ger said:

Same here.Unfortunately 

Try to add this to SystemSettings section in DefaultEngine.ini and say how your FPS changed. Exactly these settings work really good for me, previously, it was 10-18fps on Gorodok and Yehorivka maps, now it's 30-60, without that annoying stutter.

;SHADOW

r.LightFunctionQuality=0
r.ShadowQuality=3
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=2048
r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.05
r.Shadow.DistanceScale=0.25
r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=2
r.DistanceFieldShadowing=0
r.DistanceFieldAO=0
r.AllowLandscapeShadows=0

;POSTPROCESS

r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=0
r.AmbientOcclusionMaxQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.BloomQuality=0
r.FastBlurThreshold=0

;TEXTURE

r.Streaming.MipBias=1
r.Streaming.PoolSize=4096

;FOLIAGE

foliage.DensityScale=0.6
grass.DensityScale=0.6

;EXTRA

r.MaxAnisotropy=16
r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
r.GBufferFormat=0
r.ReflectionEnvironment=0
r.TiledDeferredShading=0
r.Decal.FadeScreenSizeMult=0

;END

On 9/12/2016 at 5:26 AM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Yep. I don't have time to search multiple sites for info. I'm also old and don't bother with all that new fangled social media business.

We are now pushing a version 7.4 hotfix release, which contains:

• Fixed the round start crash and a number of other crashes, all caused by the improper deletion of physical materials in memory.
  • Pulled in a performance fix developed for Alpha 8 relating to the rendering of other people's character meshes.
  • Fixed up the deployable repair station blocking lean and deployables.
  • Made reflection spheres not appear in game. (As an aside, we would like to assert that reported sightings of UFO's in squad are *completely* unfounded and baseless!)
  • Made the wire fences at the fool's road train station penetrable.
  • Fixed not being able to enter certain tunnels at the Fool's Road hilltop.
  • Fixed players not being able to drive vehicles into the fortress on Fool's Road.
  • Fixed the Sumari AAS 3 flags being cappable by 1 person.
  • Fixed the Sumari skirmish layer cap zones being too high in the air.
  • Fixed some road and spline bugs in Chora.
  • Finally, please note there is at least one other moderately occurring crash that we are still aware of and actively investigating.

Firing range is broken now for me. Can't see my player or weapon.

Edit: getting fatal errors I didn't used to get now. Gonna try deleting settings directory.

Edit 2: definitely seems to have broke the game for me... firing range still having problems and I am getting that "HUNG" fatal error again. Gonna try a PC restart.

Edit 3: nothing is fixed. Game is broke. I tried pretty much everything I could do besides reinstalling on my end. Firing range is completely broke and I keep getting that HUNG fatal error again that I haven't seen in weeks.

Edit 4: yup it's exactly the same error as I used to get that happens after just being in the main menu for 30 seconds.

[2016.09.13-23.50.44:047][865]LogD3D11RHI: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. (0.5 s)
[2016.09.13-23.50.51:476][866]LogD3D11RHI: Init due to bDeviceRemoved
[2016.09.13-23.50.51:476][866]LogD3D11RHI:Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED failed 
 at D:\build_412\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\Windows\WindowsD3D11Device.cpp:439 
 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
[2016.09.13-23.50.51:476][866]LogWindows: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
[2016.09.13-23.50.54:724][866]LogWindows:Warning: CreateProc failed (2) ..\..\..\Engine\Binaries/Win64/CrashReportClient.exe  -AppName=UE4-Squad -CrashGUID=UE4CC-Windows-8BB26FBB414E2A949AB134BBFB1D9CC9_0000 -DebugSymbols=..\..\..\Engine\Intermediate\Symbols
[2016.09.13-23.50.54:724][866]LogWindows: Could not start CrashReportClient.exe
[2016.09.13-23.50.54:724][866]LogMemory: Platform Memory Stats for WindowsNoEditor
[2016.09.13-23.50.54:724][866]LogMemory: Process Physical Memory: 1578.66 MB used, 2060.07 MB peak
[2016.09.13-23.50.54:725][866]LogMemory: Process Virtual Memory: 3005.76 MB used, 3843.55 MB peak
[2016.09.13-23.50.54:725][866]LogMemory: Physical Memory: 8631.32 MB used, 16326.52 MB total
[2016.09.13-23.50.54:725][866]LogMemory: Virtual Memory: 3517.39 MB used, 134217728.00 MB total
[2016.09.13-23.50.54:725][866]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error: [File:D:\build_412\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 176] 
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

Edited by ZachTheGunner

Anyone else getting corrupted files from the steam update? Maybe just me?