Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 7.7

I have i7 4770k and gtx 970.

On medium settings i can manage 170 fps in Rainbow six Siege.

Squad, everything low I get 20fps. This game is literally the worst performing game i have ever own.

Unreal Engine 4 was a bad idea.

Edited by cyreda

What's the point of going to Gamescom when you have nothing to show but a broken ass game? Nice to see priorities are in order.

Wow not a lot of respect for a team that has been busting their asses to get us this far.....not from me. Great job and keep it up!!! To the rest of you being really really negative.....it's an ALPHA......enough said. Lighten up Francis!!!

31 minutes ago, Willie V. said:

Wow not a lot of respect for a team that has been busting their asses to get us this far.....not from me. Great job and keep it up!!! To the rest of you being really really negative.....it's an ALPHA......enough said. Lighten up Francis!!!

I get that this is an EA game and that anyone who plopped money down should understand that there is a reasonable chance that they will get screwed on their purchase or that the game will morph into something that they don't like.  I totally get it, I put 100+ hours into this game and you won't see me bitch for a refund or something stupid like that

But what I don't get is applauding developers who put out a patch that has definitely destroyed frame rates and with features that are half baked.  Vehicles are still pretty terrible at the moment and can get caught on tiny tree branches that result in a 5 minute rocking back and forth exercise to try to get them free.

Not to mention the continuing fatal error problem that is causing mass disconnects.  They definitely should not have been happy pushing this release out.  I actually don't know why they chose to do it unless internal testing failed to reveal any of these problems (hard to believe).  I wish they would roll back so we have a playable game again.

3 hours ago, cyreda said:

I have i7 4770k and gtx 970.

On medium settings i can manage 170 fps in Rainbow six Siege.

Squad, everything low I get 20fps. This game is literally the worst performing game i have ever own.

Unreal Engine 4 was a bad idea.

How big are rainbow 6 maps? how may trees? how many players.. My god..

1 hour ago, lawnboy said:

What's the point of going to Gamescom when you have nothing to show but a broken ass game? Nice to see priorities are in order.

Sweet, got to test the new down vote option, thanks! :D

in all seriousness, shit happens in development, most the issues coming up now never showed up in testing. They did their best before shipping out to Germany and I applaud them for getting things mostly playable again in such short notice.

We are now pushing a version 7.2 hotfix release, which contains:

• Fix for physx crashing [The most common crash currently]. Added a workaround in vehicle physics assets for a deeper bug in physx.
  • Fixed a common crash caused by a landscape material issue.
  • Fixed a crash related to vehicle seat code.
  • Allowed sounds shorter than 10 seconds to be loaded async on map load as a fix for some of the stuttering issues players have been seeing.
  • Fixed a number of issues with collision meshes on environment objects.
  • Removed unneeded landscape hole material from Operation First Light.
  • Disabled ribbons in effects for time being to negate a memory leak.
  • Optimized tick rate on effects. (ie not realtime).
  • Removed a few trace messages in the source to reduce some log spam.
  • Made an adjustment to the trace channels and presets used in vehicle collisions to accomodate another vehicle fix.
  • Pushed a simple collision setup for the radiotower, moving it from complex to simple collision, which should stop it from crashing people.
  • Foliage Cvar exploit fixes.
  • Added some ambeint sounds to Yehorivka and Sumari.
  • Updated default unbound binding text to "None" from "QWE".
  • Checked all collision assets for physmat assignment.
  • Added wheel effects on ural.
  • Reduced wheel effects to 4 on all vehicle types.
  • Assigned wreck meshes to "block all".
  • Increase m2 yaw to 30 degrees from 25.

Even with the majority of the team at Gamescom, you guys still manage to put this together. I truly love you, OWI.

Cool! Thx Devs!

Edited by Disco

9 minutes ago, bilsantu said:

@knubbe EAC probably needs an update. Seeing several EAC related errors from people.

+1  ,  

not possible for me anymore to get in the game + massiv problems with my whole PC afterwards

qyyOrp2.jpg

Crosses fingers hoping fixes lot of the crashes. Thanjs for quick hotfix

Just had my first my map switch after patch. 70 players on server. BOOM! - everyone get fatal errors. around 15 people survive the crash. looks like the patch is a bust :/ 

29 minutes ago, Hipfire Hippie said:

Just had my first my map switch after patch. 70 players on server. BOOM! - everyone get fatal errors. around 15 people survive the crash. looks like the patch is a bust :/ 

Any fps improvements?

Definitely much better now here, still odd stutter here and there but now it's playable. Only tried Fools Road 70 man server so far. Am I correct under Statunit if your GPU - matches Frame time then I hold back by my GPU power? and if Frame time and Game Time matches each other then I hold back by the game?

game still crashing, this fix is not a solution ...

Developers ,How is your QA team testing these patches , it's much terrible than before now..,

32 minutes ago, Togisan said:

game still crashing, this fix is not a solution ...

Developers ,How is your QA team testing these patches , it's much terrible than before now..,

we have about 100 people play for multiple hours on end trying to crash and then forward the logs to the devs to fix the bug found.
Just to be clear here, there is no Fix all for crashes, a "Fatal Error" can be a million different things and 1 fix is not going to resolve that.
with every hotfix comes fixes for multiple fatal errors, but not all of them.