Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 7.7

801 posts in this topic
Just now, Dubs said:

Sometimes I wish, I could teleport a case of beer to the Devs, for putting up with all the nit pickiness, crap, sarcasm etc that's been going around lately.

can confirm Odin likes beer.

1 minute ago, Dubs said:

Sometimes I wish, I could teleport a case of beer to the Devs, for putting up with all the nit pickiness, crap, sarcasm etc that's been going around lately.

You had me at case of beer...

34 minutes ago, Prod. said:

you still dont get it right ? i know its EA, but that doesnt mean the game shouldnt work for me ! 20 fps on a low pop server

Dude, theres game devs that don't focus on optimization until the later stages of development. To some industries out there, having 20-30fps prior to the actual optimization stage of development is a gift from god. The fact that you're bitching about something that is on many occasions a lot better than it ever needed to be says a lot about you. 

Just now, IRONXBAY said:

can confirm Odin likes beer.

What man doesn't like a cold few.....dozen :P

3 minutes ago, Odin said:

You had me at case of beer...

If you guys ever manage to make it to the land of hobbits and Mordor, I got some of these waiting.
0415-steinlager-01.jpg

Just now, Dubs said:

What man doesn't like a cold few.....dozen :P

If you guys ever manage to make it to the land of hobbits and Mordor, I got some of these waiting.
0415-steinlager-01.jpg

Nice. I usually go that way at least once a year. I have family in that neck of the woods. ;)

15 minutes ago, bobbavet said:

Stop muddying waters with this specs for a start. Blamming CPU's and Gpu's.
i7 5820k, 4.4OC , r9 295x2 running in xfire 100% both gpus, 16gb of ram.
Yeh my garbage PC, feel sorry for the guys with regular mainstream PC's.

Self entitlement pfft. Unemployed, no benefits. Put every scrap of money into living and a hobby that makes life bearable.
Yeh

Stop having a hissy fit about an early access alpha and focus on getting gainfully employed. I bet you'll be much happier and things like vidya won't seem so devastating ;).

@Prod. and @bobbavet

You must've bought the game through steam.  So either you didn't read the following before buying the game or you just can't process what you read.  Either way, it's there to read prior to buying:

"

Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

WHAT THE DEVELOPERS HAVE TO SAY:

Why Early Access?

“Considering the scale we would like to achieve and the time it will take to reach the full array of features we plan to deliver, it makes sense for us to allow our fans and the wider public access to the game while it is still in development. The nature of the game allows us to take very clean vertical slices (for example, infantry combat) and expand on them while we continue to develop new features in other areas. This allows the community to enjoy and support the game and its developers while work continues, a scenario which our development team is very familiar with, coming from a modding background where fast iteration and immediate player feedback are important.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We are anticipating for Squad to remain in Early Access until the end of 2016.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“In the full version, we are aiming for the support of 100 player servers with 50 players on each side. In addition what we have planned are a full compliment of vehicles for each faction, which goes from the small (motorbikes), all the way to close support jet aircraft and helicopters. Lastly we intend to fully flesh out the Base Building system by including more deployables, refining the construction and supply systems and also creating an upgrade system for bases.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“Currently Squad is in a stage where infantry combat is the current standard of play and is rapidly evolving. In addition base building is already implemented.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“It has yet to be determined whether the price of the game will change during or after early access.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“At the moment we are running a closed alpha for our community and backers who have supported us via Kickstarter or our website. We are getting feedback from alpha participants and our larger community on a daily basis via our forums (forums.joinsquad.com) and are actively working to improve the game and prioritize features for development based on that feedback.”

"

Here's the URL if you want to double check:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/

While I'm aggravated that I can't really play due to FPS, I also knew that this could happen.  I took the TIME to read it before buying it.

Thank you...........  Drive thru

Fatal UE4 Crash twice in 25mins on v7.1 Tried for a 3rd time Dropped sound n Caused my pc to lock up. I really want to get back in to the game but i just can't like this.

(No error message) Where is the logs?

SPECS

i5 4670k

GTX 980

16GB 1600 DDR3

27Inch 1440P 

Windows 10

650 Hours on record... 

Edited by Nateoxide

11 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

Dude, theres game devs that don't focus on optimization until the later stages of development. To some industries out there, having 20-30fps prior to the actual optimization stage of development is a gift from god. The fact that you're bitching about something that is on many occasions a lot better than it ever needed to be says a lot about you. 

Bro i dont care about other games, im here because i bought squad ! 

If 20 fps is a gift of god ? So 10 fps would be just fine ? Wtf ? 

Im still waiting for the quote where it says that EA means that the game does not work even when i meet more than the recommended requirements! you all just trying to avoid it !

Now i got a warning by sucidial chiar because i didnt respect the dev ? Did the devs respect me ? Go back a page and read his post

All i want is the devs to be honest and say that things like that the performance will decreasd because they knew it ! That would be a gift god

2 minutes ago, Prod. said:

Bro i dont care about other games, im here because i bought squad ! 

If 20 fps is a gift of god ? So 10 fps would be just fine ? Wtf ? 

Im still waiting for the quote where it says that EA means that the game does not work even when i meet more than the recommended requirements! you all just trying to avoid it !

Now i got a warning by sucidial chiar because i didnt respect the dev ? Did the devs respect me ? Go back a page and read his post

All i want is the devs to be honest and say that things like that the performance will decreasd because they knew it ! That would be a gift god

Are you not listening to anything? Are you trying to be deliberately obtuse? I have said 3 times now in this thread... There are issues affecting performance and we are actively working on them. But regardless, I am done having this conversation with you. You obviously aren't looking for help as much as you are looking to bash others to make yourself feel better. Have a great night, and please stay tuned for future updates.

6 minutes ago, zZBonesZz said:

@Prod. and @bobbavet

You must've bought the game through steam.  So either you didn't read the following before buying the game or you just can't process what you read.  Either way, it's there to read prior to buying:

"

Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

WHAT THE DEVELOPERS HAVE TO SAY:

Why Early Access?

“Considering the scale we would like to achieve and the time it will take to reach the full array of features we plan to deliver, it makes sense for us to allow our fans and the wider public access to the game while it is still in development. The nature of the game allows us to take very clean vertical slices (for example, infantry combat) and expand on them while we continue to develop new features in other areas. This allows the community to enjoy and support the game and its developers while work continues, a scenario which our development team is very familiar with, coming from a modding background where fast iteration and immediate player feedback are important.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We are anticipating for Squad to remain in Early Access until the end of 2016.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“In the full version, we are aiming for the support of 100 player servers with 50 players on each side. In addition what we have planned are a full compliment of vehicles for each faction, which goes from the small (motorbikes), all the way to close support jet aircraft and helicopters. Lastly we intend to fully flesh out the Base Building system by including more deployables, refining the construction and supply systems and also creating an upgrade system for bases.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“Currently Squad is in a stage where infantry combat is the current standard of play and is rapidly evolving. In addition base building is already implemented.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“It has yet to be determined whether the price of the game will change during or after early access.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“At the moment we are running a closed alpha for our community and backers who have supported us via Kickstarter or our website. We are getting feedback from alpha participants and our larger community on a daily basis via our forums (forums.joinsquad.com) and are actively working to improve the game and prioritize features for development based on that feedback.”

"

Here's the URL if you want to double check:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/

While I'm aggravated that I can't really play due to FPS, I also knew that this could happen.  I took the TIME to read it before buying it.

Thank you...........  Drive thru

I read this before, but where does it say that the game may not WORK even if you have the recommended requirements ! All it says is that you will be involved in the development of the game which means gameplay and content ! Now as i cant play the game, i cant be involved in giving constructive feedback about the gameplay because im playing with 20fps on a low pop server ! Having bugs in a game is a complete different story!

So please "double read" this post before you quote me again ! 

I'd offer the suggestion of just being patient and understanding the devs are working on a full fledged FPS game at the same time juggling the issues that come with an engine that doesn't always get along with certain brand hardware or whatever, but you're not going to listen anyway.

12 minutes ago, Prod. said:

I read this before, but where does it say that the game may not WORK even if you have the recommended requirements ! All it says is that you will be involved in the development of the game which means gameplay and content ! Now as i cant play the game, i cant be involved in giving constructive feedback about the gameplay because im playing with 20fps on a low pop server ! Having bugs in a game is a complete different story!

So please "double read" this post before you quote me again ! 

You must be delusional then.  A game in Alpha stage, anything is possible, including not being able to play until things get straightened out.  I was part of every BF series Alpha through Beta, and everyone of those games had problems where it was broken so bad  that no one could play. 

If you don't understand what can happen during an ALPHA game, don't by one.

3 hours ago, Prod. said:

see ? another guy who just didnt read the full post !!!!!!! why the fuck are you even quoting me ? i dont care what numbers you got, because that doesnt help me man, please tell me a good reason why you tell me your numbers, what should i do with that ? even if you got 40-50fps.......man this is low af !

I'm telling you what I'm getting because you are making claims that everyone is getting shitty performance and simply lying about it because "fanboy" or something. I read your whole comment, maybe you need to go back and read it too? Specifically this part:

" i think its funny how people are like ''wow, i love the update.......it completely changed the gameplay'' ! how the fuck are you able to REALLY test and try the gameplay with 20fps ???????? HOW ??????? game is crashing all the time, fps so low, it looks like a slideshow !"

Edited by Foist

Just stop responding to his rants.  Just adding fuel to his flames pointlessly.

Anyway... Thank the Devs for a quickfix.  Got through four rounds with a freeze at the end.

FIX IS HOT LIKE A FRESHLY BAKED PIZZA

Edit: I could probably thoroughly cook a pizza using some of the flames on this thread.

Edited by YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

A quick reminder for everyone thinking you can mindlessly be respectless in these forums (no matter what side you decide to take in a conversation)

I will be personally enforcing actions against any more flaming, I don't care if you defend or attack the game.

Section I: Posting Rules

§1 Show Respect
This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.

§2 Attitude & Behavior
Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.

Just to cool things down. Here is a gag video of Squad at it's worst that would make anyone cringe! No firefights, but just lagging, rubber banding, a lot of standing around defending and building fobs.  ^_^ :P

I'm sorry but you are not entitled to a functioning game if you buy into an Alpha. The only reason ANYONE should buy into an Alpha is in the hopes that your money one day leads to the game coming to fruition. There are no guarantees with Early Access titles, end of story.

The reason I bought EA SQUAD is because I'm a veteran of the Battlefield series who's completely disappointed with what EA & DICE did to the series, so I'm literally willing to throw money at anyone even attempting to develop a more involved and complex game.

Learn some basic economics. Let's face it, there is a massive DEMAND for what SQUAD is trying to offer, and there is zero SUPPLY on the market. SQUAD is barely even a playable game and people are already acting like they're paying customers entitled to some finished product. When it comes to Early Access, you are NOT A CUSTOMER, you are an INVESTOR. Investors don't cry like babies, they are supremely swag gentlemen who boldly put their money behind what they believe to be good people with good ideas. 

Edited by Coletrain

14 minutes ago, Coletrain said:

I'm sorry but you are not entitled to a functioning game if you buy into an Alpha. The only reason ANYONE should buy into an Alpha is in the hopes that your money one day leads to the game coming to fruition. There are no guarantees with Early Access titles, end of story.

The reason I bought EA SQUAD is because I'm a veteran of the Battlefield series who's completely disappointed with what EA & DICE did to the series, so I'm literally willing to throw money at anyone even attempting to develop a more involved and complex game.

Learn some basic economics. Let's face it, there is a massive DEMAND for what SQUAD is trying to offer, and there is zero SUPPLY on the market. SQUAD is barely even a playable game and people are already acting like they're paying customers entitled to some finished product. When it comes to Early Access, you are NOT A CUSTOMER, you are an INVESTOR. Investors don't cry like babies, they are supremely swag gentlemen who boldly put their money behind what they believe to be good people with good ideas. 

LOL get this man a cold beer and a bacon cheeseburger!!  Hit the nail on the head :)

Did some tweaking yesterday and was able to get frames back up to 40-50  on most maps (Sumari seems the most demanding, though). After that I was able to really experience how this update has changed the game and it was the most intense and engrossing experience I've had in Squad so far. Before the update it was bare-bones infantry but now it's finally getting that epic slower-paced, multi-layered Project Reality feeling. I played till 3:00 AM on a work day and feel like shit today but don't regret a minute of it. That trailer they made about how everything in the game has changed is no joke.

Ppl with crap performance just remember that the devs are constantly working on fixing things. There's nothing more that came be done so you gotta wait.

Patience is key, the devs are hard at work trying to get everything sorted out. Let's not forget that SQUAD is early access, so we're not always going to get perfect performance. Just give v7 a few days and I'm sure it'll be back to normal very soon.  ^_^

Hello developers

I'm appreciated about your efforts to correct the game but I see in reddit that crashes are still on the table.

Do you consider to pull back the version 6.0 till these fixes really being completed?

We can't play because of fatal error crashes and ctds?

I can't understand what your QA section is doing? 

Im really missing to play rounds without crashes

Regards

3 minutes ago, Togisan said:

I can't understand what your QA section is doing? 

I only got to play the last public testing version prior to release, and everything was perfectly fine. Even in high pop servers.

The Devs stated once or twice on Reddit that they're all really surprised at the massive frame-drops and crashes that are occurring, because that simply wasn't happening in QA.