Jump to content
Chuc

Alpha 7.7 Released

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jaghammer said:

 

Cool stuff devs Lets test drive them .

 

This is what 50% on the games look like :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckily I am not having worse performance since this patch, using a ttc 970 and i5 4690k oc to 4.0ghz.

Yes there are some issues, but I am loving this update. Thank you devs! Was so surprised to see the download during the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite all the people complaining about the update, to look at how far this game has come in little under a year since the beginning days of Pre-Alpha, and Alpha before even steam early access is something worth celebrating.


No matter what people say, devs, this release was by far your greatest accomplishment, be very proud of it! It completely changed the entire spectrum of the game, and all your hard work is definitely paying off by all the laughs and rejoicing I hear on public servers, don't let those AMD debby downers get to you, great job devs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Great work, guys! It needs polishing, for sure, but we can only congratulate the dev team for releasing such a heavy update with so little mistakes. From my experience, having shorter release cycles works better, but then again ... I've never done any multiplayer game development, so I don't really know.

 

Maybe I've missed it since I didn't read through the whole thread, but is there any way to report bugs / comments / suggestions targeted strictly as to what has changed between the last and this update? I believe there are a couple of things that are pretty annoying but could be solved with a small patch in the next week or two...

 

Regarding the FPS drop .... I've also experienced it. This is my rig and yesterday's performance (before the update): http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/22478-benchmarks-with-screenshots-and-fps-counter/

 

 

Today, after the update, I got a similar performance on a server with cca. 15-20 players, but on a full server with cca. 65 players, I've experienced a 25-30 FPS drop. What seems unusual is the FPS drop was "permanent" and didn't depend on my current field of view (what was being rendered on the screen). It just dropped from 50 to 25, making the game basically unplayable. Lowering the resolution didn't really help that much (it maybe added 5 FPS).

 

I did some tweaking in my NVidia Control Panel settings and changed the Image settings from "Best quality" to "Let the application decide" (application controlled). And it helped! My performance is back to 40-60 FPS, so my suggestion to all who've experienced performance drop is to look into graphic card's driver settings (on a global level) and start from there, then proceed to tweaking Squad's graphic settings. The same rule of thumb stil applies: you'll get half the FPS on a full server compared to what you get on the Firing range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't DL the update. I am getting a 'Disk Write Error'.

 

Anyone else experiencing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kasich40 said:

I can't DL the update. I am getting a 'Disk Write Error'.

 

Anyone else experiencing this?

Sounds like maybe the HDD/SDD you are tryning to DL it on is full?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, koschilein said:

Sounds like maybe the HDD/SDD you are tryning to DL it on is full?

 

No it is not full. It still has plenty of space on it. I upgraded to Win10 about 2 weeks ago...so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

 

Annoying....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great update, the fps has dropped a little but its not too bad for me. Got a gtx 970, an intel i5 3750k @3.4g4ghz and 16 gb of ram. Overall getring arround 35 fps, which is more than i expected!

 

Driving the vehicles feels solid enough and makes the game alot more like PR than it was, love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kasich40 said:

 

No it is not full. It still has plenty of space on it. I upgraded to Win10 about 2 weeks ago...so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

 

Annoying....

Did you verify the gamecache yet? (rightklick squad in steam go to properties and then local viles, there is the option. WARNING you maybe will have to download quit a bit of data again if you do it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, koschilein said:

Did you verify the gamecache yet? (rightklick squad in steam go to properties and then local viles, there is the option. WARNING you maybe will have to download quit a bit of data again if you do it)

 

Yes...I tried that. It didn't work.

I have since uninstalled Squad & am trying to re-install it. That is not working either. The DL is still failing.

I'm sure it is not a Squad issue. I'm sure it is something that got changed or something when I upgraded to Win10. Uhg....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kasich40 said:

 

Yes...I tried that. It didn't work.

I have since uninstalled Squad & am trying to re-install it. That is not working either. The DL is still failing.

I'm sure it is not a Squad issue. I'm sure it is something that got changed or something when I upgraded to Win10. Uhg....

 

 

Yeah, maybe a fresh installation will help, Windows 10 upgraded does make some trouble for some people. A fresh installation helped a lot of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, koschilein said:

Yeah, maybe a fresh installation will help, Windows 10 upgraded does make some trouble for some people. A fresh installation helped a lot of people.

 

Well...I have totally uninstalled Steam and re-installed it. I am now DLing SQUAD all over again.

It seems to be DLing fine now...at least I hope.

 

At any rate, I want to make sure I did not come off as complaining about the SQUAD patch. I totally realize it was an issue on MY end and NOT something the DEVs did wrong in the patch. I only wish I wasn't so dang stupid when it came to computers so that maybe I could figure out how to fix these issues when they arise.

 

Oh well...I'm DLing now so please keep your fingers crossed for me!  :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kasich40 said:

 

Well...I have totally uninstalled Steam and re-installed it. I am now DLing SQUAD all over again.

It seems to be DLing fine now...at least I hope.

 

At any rate, I want to make sure I did not come off as complaining about the SQUAD patch. I totally realize it was an issue on MY end and NOT something the DEVs did wrong in the patch. I only wish I wasn't so dang stupid when it came to computers so that maybe I could figure out how to fix these issues when they arise.

 

Oh well...I'm DLing now so please keep your fingers crossed for me!  :/

Fingers are crossed mate, hope it will work out that way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i mean, vehicels and all that is cool you know but the fps is really a joke ! this cant be true, im playing on a low pop server with 50people on the lowest settings and got 20fps ! i cant even play test the update and give feedback because i literally cant play the game !

 

and now seeing this comments about ''its so cool, its like PR'', it made me think that i paid 40 euros for a bad PR copy ! thats BS

 

please f*** off with your ''its alpha'' ''its early access'' ''be patient, they will fix it'' shit ! im really tired of this !

 

you made me hype about this update, talking about performance increase here and there, all i get is shit performance, rubberbanding, stutter and people saying devs made a good job ! congratulations !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kasich40 said:

I can't DL the update. I am getting a 'Disk Write Error'.

 

Anyone else experiencing this?

 

It'll probably happen again next time you launch Steam. Try exiting Steam and launch it as an admin, I've had the same issue with Steam downloads in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Prod. said:

i mean, vehicels and all that is cool you know but the fps is really a joke ! this cant be true, im playing on a low pop server with 50people on the lowest settings and got 20fps ! i cant even play test the update and give feedback because i literally cant play the game !

 

and now seeing this comments about ''its so cool, its like PR'', it made me think that i paid 40 euros for a bad PR copy ! thats BS

 

please f*** off with your ''its alpha'' ''its early access'' ''be patient, they will fix it'' shit ! im really tired of this !

 

you made me hype about this update, talking about performance increase here and there, all i get is shit performance, rubberbanding, stutter and people saying devs made a good job ! congratulations !

 

Don't sign up for alpha games if you want to avoid stuff like this, it's litterally what alpha stages are for. Every single game has it in it's development cycle. If you want something better in the earliest stages of development then start developing a game of your own.

If the devs focus on performance first and then features it will be nothing but trouble for the entire game's development cycle.

 

Anyways, does anyone know if i can test drive the vehicles in different maps than the testing range? I tried out the new map in single player but i was unable to enter the vehicles. I would love to explore the maps without being a burden for my team in multiplayer. :P

Edited by Guan_Yu007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a game on Chora Valley in INS mode as Insurgent side - after 2 caches have been destroyed, no more cahcehs spawned, also we didn't had any spawnpoit besides our RP and FOBs - serverside bug? very strange...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Anyways, does anyone know if i can test drive the vehicles in different maps than the testing range? I tried out the new map in single player but i was unable to enter the vehicles. I would love to explore the maps without being a burden for my team in multiplayer. :P

 

AFAIK the command for spawning a vehicle on the map does not work in local. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koschilein said:

Fingers are crossed mate, hope it will work out that way!

 Well...My DL worked and I'm playing now.

 

I just want to add -- I just took out my first vehicle with a RPG...and I think I may have busted a nut!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Prod. said:

i mean, vehicels and all that is cool you know but the fps is really a joke ! this cant be true, im playing on a low pop server with 50people on the lowest settings and got 20fps !

 

Your best course of action to be helpful is to load in and take a stat unit screenshot. Then provide the player count and your PC specs in the thread below. You may not be able to play with your current FPS levels, but you can certainly help the team get the 7.1 hotfix out to everyone as quickly as possible. Thank you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×