Chuc

Alpha 7.7 Released

On 9/22/2016 at 11:57 AM, DonDOOM said:

I agree with pretty much everything in your post, except for the above. A 1 ~ 1.5 second delay in VOIP between players is not "extremely good" to me. If you haven't noticed this for yourself, test it out by having someone next to you shoot or jump while making a noise over VOIP at the same time. Coming from PR / Mumble, this has been quite annoying for me so far.

Holy shit - this! I've been shouting from the rooftops about this and nobody ever considered this a big thing. Im starting to believe most of you guys are totally deaf or nobody pays attention to audio in this game. 1 second (1000ms!) delay in VOIP is really bad. So many good men have died because they did not hear me shouting "GRENADE!!!" on time. Support our troops = fix VOIP delay.

So based on the Reddit comments, I am all the more happy that the developers are aware of this and acknowledge it needs to be fixed (but you could have updated us here on forums as well you know). I cant wait till we have PR-like low levels of latency.

23 hours ago, beginna said:

@Oldschool61
I find your lack of common sense disturbing. Not surprising. Just disturbing.

No lack of common sense here.  I understand why they chose UE4, it was practically free, modern engine (but lots of game breaking issues).  UE3 would have required a substantial investment of capitol which they probably don't have.  Unfortunate for us.  Now Epic gets early adopters to do there beta testing to polish UE4 at which point it will have a big price increase I'm sure.

7 hours ago, RaTzo said:

Same here.

Performance is going to be hit & miss during any alpha stage of development, and in a REAL alpha development phase like we are experiencing with Squad it will be more on the miss side by a fair margin. Optimization has to come, for the most part, after feature implementation or else you'll be optimizing things that are still broken and which will be changed 3 times in the next year... it is a complete waste of development time & money. 

My system is old too. i4670K and a GTX770 and I get playable FPS even now. Most of the people I like to play with can't for some reason so it doesn't make sense for me to play right now. I may just not be experiencing some of the lower FPS because I haven't played much on this build. That being said, the game has already performed better and more stably than BF4 did for the entire first 2 years after I paid for the game and Premium... 

It sucks to love a game this much and not be able to play it right now but it's a moment. This game is going to be being played for the next 10 years... so we miss a month or so right now. Not a big price to pay IMO. 

The game engine is still alpha!!!  And your PC isn't old.  Your cpu is still very high end.  GPU can still play most games on high settings.  Just not alpha level game engines :)

23 hours ago, Skymo said:

Well, I don't know anything about game development or the different Unreal Engines, but if UE3 provides better performance, sharper distance view and more already available assets...then turn back while it is possible, dear devs! Because UE3 still is beautiful enough for me! :D

Here is UE3 side by side vs UE4.  Not much difference.  3 has better draw distance I think

1 hour ago, Oldschool61 said:

Here is UE3 side by side vs UE4.  Not much difference.  3 has better draw distance I think

That's pretty much the worst kind of comparison vid you could've posted. Comparing PC UE3 graphics to console UE4 graphics... goob job m8

8 minutes ago, zaira said:

steam charts 

http://steamcharts.com/app/393380#All

i stopped playing it, and most of my friends stopped...

Bad decisions from devs cost them money (just check recent comments on steam), and community is slowly going down

How so? What bad decisions did they make?

Or the fact that optimization is reserved for BETA, as it is in most games. Here is a little chart for you. 

mnxywsf.jpg

I do agree with you on the downward slope of the community though. I'm seeing a lot less communication and proper use of the game than I did in say A4/A5

Edited by LMR Sahara

I do agree with you on the downward slope of the community though. I'm seeing a lot less communication and proper use of the game than I did in say A4/A5

A lot of the community has been sidelined by v7 and it's performance. Once performance picks up again the player base and hopefully gameplay quality will also get a bit more healthy.

Since the cpa I hadn't touched pr, but I've played a few rounds this month again due to needing my teamwork fix. I hope v8 has some major performance improvements

On 22.9.2016 at 2:17 AM, lawnboy said:

Draw distance has nothing to do with the awful performance, it's poor coding plain and simple. Lots of games offer huge draw distances and run just fine. He's not wrong to point out that Squad isn't anything special from a technical standpoint yet it performs terribly.

Go mow your lawn and let the people handle this who actually know what they're talking about :)

12 hours ago, DonDOOM said:

That's pretty much the worst kind of comparison vid you could've posted. Comparing PC UE3 graphics to console UE4 graphics... goob job m8

While (despite the differences in age between the engines) comparing a PC to a PS4 could be seen as not necessarily fair, I think it does demonstrate that UE3 is still quite capable. 

Aside from the 64 player limit, a game similar to SQUAD could be created as a mod for a UE3 game or a standalone in UDK, and it would most likely have less performance issues...if coded correctly.

1 hour ago, carmikaze said:

Go mow your lawn and let the people handle this who actually know what they're talking about :)

Telling people to shut it is not the way to go.

Section I: Posting Rules
§1 Show Respect
This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.

§2 Attitude & Behavior
Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.

5 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

How so? What bad decisions did they make?

Or the fact that optimization is reserved for BETA, as it is in most games. Here is a little chart for you. 

mnxywsf.jpg

Yup, It's getting to be too common now. Part of the reason I have gone rogue... and am protesting being Squad Leader until the situation, gets better... we have all seen this trend before. ;)

Yea I'm kinda SOL until they can fix the issues AMD hardware is having, though I'll still play with my 15-25 fps as madening as it can get haha.

(un)fortunatly I decided to drink a bottle of wine with the misses and ordered an I7 new mobo and ram.... looks like I have to sell some more guns :( Anyone in Canada interested in a decked out m14? lolz

Edited by Serp403

The hit registration is by far the most annoying factor of this game at the moment, countless countless example of confirmed hits not getting registered as injuries on my end and their end. It was not this common in previous patches but every time I play I feel like I am being cheated hence why I am not playing anymore. 7.62 rounds to the head and he doesn't die takes the shot and shoots me once and I die instantly .... I am a pretty effective soldier but when there's way too many things against you, like lack of communication, lack of cohesion between Squad Leaders, lack of cooperation between team members, starting to really hate the concept, don't get me wrong, Squad is my favorite game right now but will ALL THESE THINGS GOING ON AT ONCE, it's game breaking and playing its beyond absurd, I have yet to play a decent game, every game I have played on all the servers I have joined one side is winning by a landslide and the other is losing by a landslide, So what can we do to mitigate all these game breaking constructs?  

You have people shooting at things beyond 50-100 meters, not calling out targets. They go down... NOBODY SAYS I AM DOWN or enemies in such direction, way too many team killers: I was just on the RIP server playing and At least the dudes I know, were actually making the most out of a bad situation because there was no cooperation, no communication, no cohesion, so it was a uphill battle, more than it should be.... 

This is just ****ing frustrating, seriously....  

I have not heard ANY OF THE THINGS THAT SET SQUAD APART FROM OTHER GAMES. 

Edited by fantomactual

Actually, I have a good experience concerning teamplay, communication etc.

But the hit registration is a real thing. I'm always lucky though, my shots are nearly 100% registered, but when I get shot, I often survive without harm (happens about once every round).

I have had good experiences I used to Squad Lead in competitive Squad Leagues, but little by little the main focus of the game has been getting obscured. I don't know how I don't know why but the culprit in all this is clear, It's games like ****ing battlefield. People come into the game thinking they are hot shit and can't even make it wet fart, too many people talk a big game even ****ing those who "Have had previous military experience" or trainers in a certain community, but when playing NONE OF THE SHIT THEY DO BACKS UP THEIR so called experience, not in the very least.  

NOT DOING ANY OF THE BASIC SHIT YOU NEED TO DO TO BE A GOOD TEAM PLAYER.

I haven't played this game in a little over a month simply because it runs like garbage for me after v7, got on today and still the same. Oh well, I hope this is fixed soon. Good luck devs. 

I haven't played this game in a little over a month simply because it runs like garbage for me after v7, got on today and still the same. Oh well, I hope this is fixed soon. Good luck devs. 

What processor and GPU?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Not to go against anything given, but I am just curious, not putting down anyones efforts here... 

Okay, could someone explain to me what deleted the appdata folder for Squad would do, how could benefit from it? 

7 hours ago, fantomactual said:

Okay, could someone explain to me what deleted the appdata folder for Squad would do, how could benefit from it? 

For some strange reason it seems that some config files aren't getting force updated between version upgrades. So the old configs are trying to run with the new systems thus resulting in conflicts or non efficient configurations.

I have deleted the config files the last 4 patches, no fps boost.. I have just fooled my self every time cuz I always have a bisillion fps every start of a round...

if on win 10 turn of drm thing in xbox app. boost fps quite good.

anyone bitching about performance in alpha is just wrong.

comparing squad to bf franchise is just plain stupid. would love to see first bf3 in alpha when frostbite was in diapers. heck even bf3 release run like shit at first and donr get me started on the connectivity issues that lasted for months after RELEASE!!!