Chuc

Alpha 7.7 Released

7 minutes ago, wook said:

Anyone else getting corrupted files from the steam update? Maybe just me?

Crap I didn't try verifying integrity of game cache. I wonder if that will work.

Nope nothing changed.

Edited by ZachTheGunner

I was getting horrible FPS, then I deleted my Squad files in %localappdata% and, verified integrity through Steam, and restarted steam.  This fixed the issue.

Lost about 25 fps with this patch

I haven't played in ages but it seems you STILL cant spawn on squad leader and

instead you have to waste 5-10mins walking back to the action just to get killed

30 seconds arriving to the area that 3-10 others are hanging out

It still a lot of people use over the top radio chatter instead of simple clear teamwork communication

eg charlie at 3:30 120degree grid bravo instead of guy over the fence  to our left

and a bunch coming down that forest to our left

3 minutes ago, charliebrownau said:

I haven't played in ages but it seems you STILL cant spawn on squad leader

You've never been able to spawn ON your squad leader.. 

he sets down rallies or you spawn at a FOB or main..

1 minute ago, charliebrownau said:

I haven't played in ages but it seems you STILL cant spawn on squad leader and

instead you have to waste 5-10mins walking back to the action just to get killed

30 seconds arriving to the area that 3-10 others are hanging out

That's never going to be added. This game is the spiritual successor to Project Reality, a mod for BF2 that specifically removed the ability to spawn on SL. It's made by a lot of the same devs. There's about a 0.1% chance that spawning on SL will be added. That's why the rally point exists. It's so the SL can make a closer spawn point than a FOB or place one after a lot of deaths to regroup.

2 minutes ago, IRONXBAY said:

You've never been able to spawn ON your squad leader.. 

he sets down rallies or you spawn at a FOB or main..

99% of the time I have to spawn at the start and walk for miles

I actually timed it on match , I walked for 45 real minutes to get to combat

4 minutes ago, charliebrownau said:

99% of the time I have to spawn at the start and walk for miles

I actually timed it on match , I walked for 45 real minutes to get to combat

then logically it makes more sense your issue would be with unattentive squad leaders rather than the game itself.

It has put off myself and most of our clan from now playing this game

At least with a game like Insurgency if you happened to die you could spawn back alive

once your squad/team has capped the next base , you cant even do that in this game

2 minutes ago, charliebrownau said:

It has put off myself and most of our clan from now playing this game

At least with a game like Insurgency if you happened to die you could spawn back alive

once your squad/team has capped the next base , you cant even do that in this game

It's never been like this though...

A lot of the guys are now calling this game "walking simulator" , because that is what happens 95% of the time in this game

your walking back to the action , then you cant see the enemy that well for some odd reason (at least on old builds)

Pretty sure that I and my steam friends are not the only ones finding this issue with the game

Ive tired to ask pubs to help stay when they spawn so we can place down a big respawn timber beacon

but they just frak off and do their own thing and then abuse us in text chat when we kick them out of the squad

43 minutes ago, charliebrownau said:

it seems you STILL cant spawn on squad leader

What!?

This is not going to happen in any future; you should read back the idea of Squad as a logistical not mainstream FPS shooter... and hopefully this is not going to be Insurgency or BF3...

I invite you to download and play Project Reality... then you will have an idea about Squad...

@charliebrownau How often do you play the game? When time of day do you hop on? Do you only ever play the game with your friends? Do you join other squads?

Sounds like you've managed to get on at the worst times.

41 minutes ago, charliebrownau said:

A lot of the guys are now calling this game "walking simulator" , because that is what happens 95% of the time in this game

your walking back to the action , then you cant see the enemy that well for some odd reason (at least on old builds)

Pretty sure that I and my steam friends are not the only ones finding this issue with the game

Ive tired to ask pubs to help stay when they spawn so we can place down a big respawn timber beacon

but they just frak off and do their own thing and then abuse us in text chat when we kick them out of the squad

if you dont wanna walk so much, play smarter, stop dying, wait for a medic to get you up

If you haven't tried it yet, to see the frame boost you need to hit revert to defaults in graphics settings then manually adjust back to what you want. I started out with +/- 25 frames and after that got +15-25 with a relatively stable 50

A Massive amount of people are still crashing out of the servers because  I was in a full 64 player server, and all of a sudden it turned into a 10 vs 13 in the middle of the round. The player base is dropping fast and it  isn't going to return until it's fixed! I hope this problem gets solved soon, because it's starting to get pretty ****ing ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, Devastation said:

A Massive amount of people are still crashing out of the servers because  I was in a full 64 player server, and all of a sudden it turned into a 10 vs 13 in the middle of the round. The player base is dropping fast and it  isn't going to return until it's fixed! I hope this problem gets solved soon, because it's starting to get pretty ****ing ridiculous.

just had several rounds, the most people that would disconnect would be about 5-10, but because they were probably taking a break.  which server?  map?

1 minute ago, Soulzz said:

just had several rounds, the most people that would disconnect would be about 5-10, but because they were probably taking a break.  which server?  map?

"Rusty in places" Fools road

RIP Firing Range, still no MSI Afterburner OSD, and I'm getting a weird crackling sound from ambient sound... 

Just finished about 4 matches in a row, game plays so good now that it works properly. I am finally able to try all the features for real now and I am loving it!

4 hours ago, Cheesy_LeScrub said:

@charliebrownau, your experience seems so far out of the ordinary I can hardly comprehend it. In fact, it feels like a troll. Lol.

+10

Exactly what I was thinking... Choose your SL wisely and you'll not encounter those spawn/long walk problems any longer. If you cant spawn on the map except on main base and have to walk to the fight each time you die, the problem is related to SLs who don't put RPs or FOBs but its not related to the game itself.

@mazaduare you running DirectX12 by any chance? It's not supported yet in this game. You may have to remove '-dx12' from the shortcut or steam launch options of Squad.