Jump to content
Chuc

Alpha 7.7 Released

Recommended Posts

Mmmmmmmmm...Yeah! I can't wait to try out this new patch! When are you devs going to fix the Jensen's Range with machine guns, vehicles, and etc.? 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Developers, answer where the optimize? ARMA with the scale is at times better performance ... this issue will be addressed?

Edited by Sypostat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, beginna said:

delete the %localappdata%\Squad folder (after every patch)

Yup, i do that after every patch, never had a crash yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sypostat said:

Developers, answer where the optimize? ARMA with the scale is at times better performance ... this issue will be addressed?

ARMA is also a finished an optimized game (Ok, well, not exactly from but their dev's point of view it is, you know what I mean :P)

 

They'll get there, but during any development cycle major optimization typically comes last. General rules are get things working and then optimize the hell out of them at the end. Keeps code and stuff readable and easier to understand when adding to it during the dev cycle.

Edited by Ratface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just want to say to the Devs.

 

I still get 10 fps whether i'm on all low graphics settings, or on all epic settings. 10 fps all low. 10 fps all epic. See?

 

Something is still wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Psyko said:

i just want to say to the Devs.

 

I still get 10 fps whether i'm on all low graphics settings, or on all epic settings. 10 fps all low. 10 fps all epic. See?

 

Something is still wrong. 

This can only be AMD or a laptop :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, M.I.K.E. said:

This can only be AMD or a laptop :P

i get nothing but smug responses on this forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Psyko said:

i get nothing but smug responses on this forum. 

Sure it was a joke. Don't be so defensive.

What are the specs...? That information is helpful as opposed to just posting "it doesn't work" or "only 10 FPS".

Edited by Mad Ani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ratface said:

ARMA is also a finished an optimized game..

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahhaha > infinite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vitriol said:

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahhaha > infinite

 

Yea.....didn't think about that really when I typed it.....I take back my statement xD

 

But at the very least it's a "completed" game from their dev's point of view for the most part :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2016 at 4:14 PM, Mad Ani said:

Sure it was a joke. Don't be so defensive.

What are the specs...? That information is helpful as opposed to just posting "it doesn't work" or "only 10 FPS".

think about it man, if i get exactly the same fps on lowest as i do on highest, that means on highest the 10 fps would be 0 fps. It doesnt make sense! 

Its conclusive evidence that Its not my hardware!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
think about it man, if i get exactly the same fps on lowest as i do on highest, that means on highest the 10 fps would be 0 fps. It doesnt make sense! 

Its conclusive evidence that Its not my hardware!




Game is heavy on the cpu, so it is the bottleneck, not the vga. That is the actual reason. What are your specs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Psyko said:

think about it man, if i get exactly the same fps on lowest as i do on highest, that means on highest the 10 fps would be 0 fps. It doesnt make sense! 

Its conclusive evidence that Its not my hardware!

 

Exact same thing has happened to me after 7.3. I7-2600K + 970, both overclocked mildly. Went from very playable in 7.2 (I'm going to assume 40-60FPS) to 8-12. No solution yet. Has made game more unplayable than the frequent crashes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, just a few days after i finally managed to run version 7.2 smooth at 50-60 FPS on EPIC

without any major bugs and crashes, version 7.3 is released and my FPS dropped from 50-60 to unplayable 15-20!

 

dev's, seriously WTF?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

well, just a few days after i finally managed to run version 7.2 smooth at 50-60 FPS on EPIC

without any major bugs and crashes, version 7.3 is released and my FPS dropped from 50-60 to unplayable 15-20!

 

dev's, seriously WTF?

 

I8CZK.jpg

Try deleting you local app data for squad. You'll have to redo your settings but this tends to help if things got lowered during a patch.

 

user/appdata/squad, that usually does the trick.

 

theres no need to be a *** about it by the way, simply asking why your frames went down does the trick. Did not understand tone, scratch this last part :)

Edited by Ratface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2016 at 8:27 AM, Psyko said:

think about it man, if i get exactly the same fps on lowest as i do on highest, that means on highest the 10 fps would be 0 fps. It doesnt make sense! 

Its conclusive evidence that Its not my hardware!

it makes perfect sense..  if you think about what else might be limiting frames.. you will understand 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

well, just a few days after i finally managed to run version 7.2 smooth at 50-60 FPS on EPIC

without any major bugs and crashes, version 7.3 is released and my FPS dropped from 50-60 to unplayable 15-20!

 

dev's, seriously WTF?

 

 

sorry.. couln't reply with the gif.. was doing some funky stuff!

 

Going from 50-60  to 15-20 on a full 72 player server?  That sounds rather..  unbelievable.  

 

What are your specs?  Have you tried cleaning app data folder? (it builds up huge log files) 

 

This will also reset graphics settings but trust me that can be a good thing. It's very hard for us to force old configs out so you may still have some settings from previous versions. (for example screen space refelctions could be enabled which we have since disabled)

 

Ps. the server is going to pretty dramatically affect how you run as well.

 

cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IrOnTaXi said:

sorry.. couln't reply with the gif.. was doing some funky stuff!

 

Going from 50-60  to 15-20 on a full 72 player server?  That sounds rather..  unbelievable.  

 

What are your specs?  Have you tried cleaning app data folder? (it builds up huge log files) 

 

This will also reset graphics settings but trust me that can be a good thing. It's very hard for us to force old configs out so you may still have some settings from previous versions. (for example screen space refelctions could be enabled which we have since disabled)

 

Ps. the server is going to pretty dramatically affect how you run as well.

 

cheers!

Happened to me 100%. Went from 60-100 FPS to ~10FPS. Appdata and reinstall didn't do anything. The fix ended up being a restart after the 7.3 steam update. Was super bummed because Squad is my go-to right now. Back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ratface said:

Try deleting you local app data for squad. You'll have to redo your settings but this tends to help if things got lowered during a patch.

 

user/appdata/squad, that usually does the trick.

 

theres no need to be a *** about it by the way, simply asking why your frames went down does the trick.

 

yes, this helps, i actually pointed this out some time ago, but this time it's only a slight improvement, i'mm still stuck to 30-35 FPS.

maybe reinstalling the game completely again will help, this is how i actually fixed all the errors so far.

 

bythe way, my post was actualy intended to be on the funny side, that's why the gif was added,

but yeah, internet, hard to understan when you can's see someones face ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

sorry.. couln't reply with the gif.. was doing some funky stuff!

 

Going from 50-60  to 15-20 on a full 72 player server?  That sounds rather..  unbelievable.  

 

What are your specs?  Have you tried cleaning app data folder? (it builds up huge log files) 

 

This will also reset graphics settings but trust me that can be a good thing. It's very hard for us to force old configs out so you may still have some settings from previous versions. (for example screen space refelctions could be enabled which we have since disabled)

 

Ps. the server is going to pretty dramatically affect how you run as well.

 

cheers!

 

why unbelievable? not everybody is playing on an cheap ACER notebook. ok, but seroiusly, i have a pretty OK rig!

i am aware of the app data folder "trick" i actually pointed this out in another thread, tagging you and another dev

so you guys gould take a deeper look into this. it seem like everytime a new update is installed something gets corrupted...

 

PCSPECS.png

 

 

Edited by FIXXXER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

 

why unbelievable? not everybody is playing on an cheap ACER notebook. ok, but seroiusly, i have a pretty OK rig!

i am aware of the app data folder "trick" i actually pointed this out in another thread, tagging you and another dev

so you guys gould take a deeper look into this. it seem like everytime a new update is installed something gets corrupted...

 

PCSPECS.png

 

 

I think you misunderstood what I didn't believe..  It wasnt your frame rate..  (i get 45 fps or so) it was the difference between the high and low between releases. 

 

there is nothing I am aware of that would have affected your frames so dramatically which is why i am surprised. (unless you had made custom modifications in the past)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, well that's what's confusing me also, there are also no modifications on my side,

but as i said deleting the SQUAD files in the %localappdata% folderseems to fix it to a certain degree,

that's why i wanted anybody official to take a deeper look into this,  as this may be one of the main reasons

people are experiencing bad performance, just trying to help! :)

 

another thing that happens all the time is when i close the game.

i can not close steam as it's telling me that SQUAD is still running.

using the task manager to stop any SQUAD related process does not work, only a PC restart helps!

 

well, this may not directly have something to do with the FPS isues but it's still avery strange thing

and it shows that some things are not working properly...

 

btw i just deleted all SQUAD data from my PC, downloaded/installed the game again and deleted the SQUAD files

in the %localappdata% folder, started the game, configured the settings etc.

 

unfortunately this time it did not help that much, the FPS went up from 15-20 to 25, but this is faw

away from the 50-60 FPS i was able to get in V7.2.

 

i just simply can't understand what was changed from V7.2 to 7.3 that the performance went down so badly.

from what i understand the V7.3 actually "cleaned" the game from junk files, which should logically resul in a better performance...

 

 

Edited by FIXXXER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×