Chuc

Alpha 7.7 Released

3(?) rounds. (without reconnecting inbetween mapchange)

no fatal errors. - so far so good. :D

3 maps played complete without reconnecting. 60+ players . Sorry if was unclear

Edited by Smee

Yep, crashes still there. Mass crash last server I played on. 40-45 players crashed. But not me :)

Edited by Dundish

Game was unplayable for me before 7.3 even 40 p servers.

I noticed that fps increased. now its playable on 60-70 p servers.

I haven't crashed at all playing 5 matches straight without reconnecting. I'm getting around 100 FPS with a GTX 1080. Very playable and looks gorgeous. Thanks devs!

Unfortunately just had a fatal error crash on Chora Night. 

Happened exactly when the round started and i hit the Deploy button. 

Was not only me. Whole 80% of players. 

Still love the game :)

Great hotfix... Game is stable again!

Played for 5 straight hours and no fatal error except one time when I didn't disconnect after map change. Server with ~60 players and vehicles.

It's still little annoying to disconnect every time since players you played with don't end up on the same team but... definitely good progress since 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2 update (stability wise)

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Great hotfix... Game is stable again!

Played for 5 straight hours and no fatal error except one time when I didn't disconnect after map change. Server with ~60 players and vehicles.

It was (mostly) stable for me before 7.3 when I got into the habit of disconnecting between rounds and trying to remember the server and reconnect. I get a Fatal Error everytime after 7.3 whenever I do not disconnect - reconnect between rounds (2 different fatal errors the two times I did not disconnect).

The problem with this is that you start all over getting a group together. The beauty of Squad is when you get into a rhythm with a few players and stay in a Squad across rounds. The need to disconnect / reconnect in between rounds kills this. Totally appreciate the difficulties with resolving the crash issues, but I've seen many people, including myself, get into borderline "rage quit" after crashes. More than once during 7.x testing (and I mean that what we are doing here is testing, not playing) I experienced people who re-joined after a crash so they could rant, then quit once they completed their rant. Quite funny, but not great for Squad "brand advocacy".

So much of 7.x is great. Really looking forward to a stable 7.x, much more so than the likely materially longer wait for an optimized a8.

eggman

50 minutes ago, eggman said:

you are completely right. This is not ideal, especially because your group can't stay together. But until 7.3, I also was very annoyed by fatal errors. I could rarely finish round... now got few in a row without problems. That is why I was so happy. Yeah, this is still not as it was in earlier versions (v6 and below) but there is progress... happy to see that devs are squashing at least some bugs.

1 hour ago, runningDuck said:

So to prevent the crash after mapchange u gotta disconnect amd reconnect?

It made difference for me. I would disconnect at the end of round before server load next map. 5 hours without crash. But as you can see, not everyone have same results :( anyway, need more hours to be sure it's ok... maybe i was just lucky

I too long for the days when I can stay in a server for a few hours and not worry about crashing. We'll get there hopefully soon.

I'm there now. It's wonderful...

21 minutes ago, DesmoLocke said:

I too long for the days when I can stay in a server for a few hours and not worry about crashing. We'll get there hopefully soon.

My guys are also reporting fatal crashes all over the place. Definitely need to fix this ASAP.

LTC Avguste

The Art of Warfare SQUAD Division Commander