nickivan2270

New models for Russians

So in v7 there clearly are changing the old shitty us soldiers with very nice looking ones... But will the Russian also get some sort of change too. Tbh, they too don't look up to par. It would be a shame if they only upgraded the us soldiers and not the Russian or milita too. 

Guys,just ask MA,before create something stupid.Please.

Or at least community,there is lot of people,who know,what it should be look like.

3 minutes ago, samogon said:

Guys,just ask MA,before create something stupid.Please.

Or at least community,there is lot of people,who know,what it should be look like.

Let your feedback be constructive and respectful in the future, then everything will be fine.

Section I: Posting Rules
§1 Show Respect
This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.

§2 Attitude & Behavior
Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.

Honestly,I don't really wan't see another fail again.

Or probably bad feedback today is kind of bad behavior?

Edited by samogon

30 minutes ago, samogon said:

Honestly,I don't really wan't see another fail again.

Or probably bad feedback today is kind of bad behavior?

Calling something "Stupid" and a "Fail" isn't constructive feedback. 

What do you think should be changed with the Russian player models? I'm just curious to know, no balaclava's? 

Edited by LMR Sahara

1 hour ago, LMR Sahara said:

What do you think should be changed with the Russian player models? I'm just curious to know, no balaclava's? 

It's not confirmed yet,but... i'ts winter/demiseaseon uniform.Looks like devs been inspired by Crimean photos.

As for me,I used past-generation uniform,and know how they looks like,but it changes every year,so today Soldiers should be equipped diffrently.But as for equipment,it's qoute much correct.Probably change Flora Armor vest to EMR,and it will be fine.I'll search for references later.

1 hour ago, LMR Sahara said:

Calling something "Stupid" and a "Fail" isn't constructive feedback.

I can't describe it anything else.I can describe,whats wrong,but what sence,it's anyway gonna be ignored.If I start describe it - it's immediatly turns into holywar,and main argument gonna be - 'Who the hell cares,don't look for splinters,average player wouldn't see it'.

Edited by samogon

3 hours ago, samogon said:

I,it's anyway gonna be ignored.If I start describe it - it's immediatly turns into holywar,and main argument gonna be - 'Who the hell cares,don't look for splinters,average player wouldn't see it'.

No, you just have a serious attitude problem. If you want to be heard, be nice. I'm sure the Devs are glad to read some constructive feedback without insults.

Edited by carmikaze

1 hour ago, carmikaze said:

No, you just have a serious attitude problem. If you want to be heard, be nice. I'm sure the Devs are glad to read some constructive feedback without insults.

Be nice here - don't disagree with devs decisions and blindly agree with every their word,even if it's not true.

I think you remember what happens,when I said KS-23 didn't used by Russian Armed Forces.While holywars continues,just had a question about it from one developer in PM.

So,next explonation whats wrong - next holywar... and thats gonna be recursive.

I don't want to be nice guy(At least in your meaning of this word) after all of this.I just wan't to let it be right,avoid mistakes.

Probably because target auditory of this game isn't too far away from mainstream shooters.

Edited by samogon

17 minutes ago, samogon said:

I don't want to be nice guy(At least in your meaning of this word) after all of this.I just wan't to let it be right,avoid mistakes.

Then don't expect anyone to take you seriously. It's about give and take. There's a bunch of us who will not get what we want. But so be it. If you're that displeased with the end product, make a modification and market it to the Developers. Who knows, you might get a job. 

17 minutes ago, samogon said:

Probably because target auditory of this game isn't too far away from mainstream shooters.

The target audience are players who wish to use teamwork and coordination to achieve an objective together. I can get that experience in BF4, and I can get that experience in Insurgency. But Squad does it better. You'll see plenty of people from different gaming backgrounds. But their experience is irrelevant. The Devs are making the game they want. You just happened to pay for it. I doubt you got to decide what features were included in the car you drive, but you bought it because it was better than the competitors, right?

Edited by Cheesy_LeScrub

22 minutes ago, Cheesy_LeScrub said:

You just happened to pay for it. I doubt you got to decide what features were included in the car you drive, but you bought it because it was better than the competitors, right?

I heard a story about Ford Focus RS500. Mith talks, that some UK-owners club had positive influence of constructing this car. May be some threads on this forums are just a trick "to be nice DEVs"?

Some things needs to be authentic and some to be balanced.

We hope that DEVs will change something of RAF in game to be closer to reality.

13 minutes ago, Cheesy_LeScrub said:

Then don't expect anyone to take you seriously. It's about give and take. There's a bunch of us who will not get what we want. But so be it. If you're that displeased with the end product, make a modification and market it to the Developers. Who knows, you might get a job. 

I don't care about community opinion,who twist developers words and repeat it,even after prooves,which told diffirent.

And I don't want fix developers failures by mods.As I said - UE4 is free for non-commertial use,if I wanted make something on it - Ill make it on my own.

23 minutes ago, Cheesy_LeScrub said:

The target audience are players who wish to use teamwork and coordination to achieve an objective together. I can get that experience in BF4, and I can get that experience in Insurgency. But Squad does it better.

Not game make it.Players make it.I had same team when I played BF2,then we turn into PR,cuz it was way much mature,and we just tired of BF2,also played a lot of game with them.Can't say we had lack of teamplay in each of them.Not game make teamplay -> players did it.

28 minutes ago, Cheesy_LeScrub said:

But Squad does it better.

So,

What is Squad?

Squad is an in-development tactical first person shooter built around teamwork and cooperation. It seeks to bridge the rather large gap between arcade shooter and military sim, and is based in large part on the ideas introduced by our predecessor, the Project Reality modification for Battlefield 2.

But it's far away from it.Yep it sound like:

>It's gonna like PR,but without BF2 limitations.

>Some time later:Well,forget about PR,we make our own game.Thanks for your money,now - get out.

@LMR Sahara I think they can just be more more polished and more detailed. Also the new us soldiers don't all look the same. Some have rolled up sleeves, others have different head wear, etc. I just want there too be a little more flexibility withe Russians because i don't want them all to look the same and be like robots.  

9 hours ago, samogon said:

Be nice here - don't disagree with devs decisions and blindly agree with every their word,even if it's not true.

Be nice here. 

So basically, everyone who disagrees with you is a mindless zombie who agrees with everything the Devs are doing? That's some worrying behavior.

Then don't be surprised that I'm not taking you seriously.

Maybe you're too far away from being able to contribute in a healthy, respectful discussion.

edited by @invisible.nin/SINE

removed personal accusations  

Edited by invisible.nin/SINE
removed personal accusations

So basically, everyone who disagrees with you is a mindless zombie who agrees with everything the Devs are doing? That's some worrying behavior.

Not at all,but still - you're you're almost get the point.

Then don't be surprised that I'm not taking you seriously.

oh,the Internet isn't place for serious talking.Thrust me I got reasons to act like this,at least because game is going to waste,but 95% community here eat every piece of it.Not nice,but honest,at least.

I have lot of references and knowledge,experience,but Im actually sick to share it.it's like.... /home/samogon/very_important_reference.txt < /dev/null

4 hours ago, samogon said:

Not at all,but still - you're you're almost get the point.

oh,the Internet isn't place for serious talking.Thrust me I got reasons to act like this,at least because game is going to waste,but 95% community here eat every piece of it.Not nice,but honest,at least.

I have lot of references and knowledge,experience,but Im actually sick to share it.it's like.... /home/samogon/very_important_reference.txt < /dev/null

This game in alpha is going to waste cause you dont like the Russian models lmfao

@samogon. I updated the textures a while ago.They will be added when time permits. Now CHILL! 

US models are dated all the way to pre-alpha, correct if im wrong but the Russian models are fairly new so maybe in another update they'll get a remodel.

I honestly don't think he's trying to be mean. Looks like he's using a translator.

Right. Here we go for the very last time. The Russian models are new. They will not be updated. The textures "may be "updated At a future date.

5 hours ago, BuLL said:

@samogon. I updated the textures a while ago.They will be added when time permits. Now CHILL! 

Guys,your model is a winter type of uniform and reference was this guys,I sure.

0_8c84e_e3f39e00_XL.jpg

Summer uniform looks diffirent.And it's not only matter of texture.

Edited by samogon

31 minutes ago, samogon said:

Guys,your model is a winter type of uniform and reference was this guys,I sure.

0_8c84e_e3f39e00_XL.jpg

Summer uniform looks diffirent.And it's not only matter of texture.

Dude, that might indeed be the case, but a dev just said that the russian in-game models are new and will not be updated any time soon. Again, you might be right, but they have a lot more priorities than a detail like this.

Could you imagine how you would feel if you're working hard 24/7 to get vehicles ready and get optimization going, and then people start complaining about a small detail of a new model?

I'm sure your feedback is noted, now get back to dreaming about v7 ;)

@samogonthere is no chance for new RAF models, because this is business and they can't spend too much time for winter/summer uniform models. There are other important things to do.  But, we can always make a mod for this. A mod with proper RAF models and silly kitty US models :D