578 posts in this topic

This is definitely fun news!

1 hour ago, AfterDune said:

Keep in mind that modding BF2 is quite different from this, plus the PR:WW2 guys came from the PR-world (hence making it easier to make something for PR). Also, it wasn't the lack of motivation or anything, but it wasn't until early 2016 that the right people came together and came up with this magnificent piece of work :).

That, and Squad didn't exist back when PR:Normandy (and later on PR:WW2) was created.

Without doubt this Squad mod is a wholy different affair to BF2 modding. It's good to hear that it's a good mix of BF2 modders and people with different backgrounds. I don't mean to belittle (my fellow) ex-battlefield-modders (edit: or any active BF modders!), but this wider background sure will bring in a good amount of useful expertise!

I used to have a model of the arnhem bridge laying around, created based on government blueprints and pictures from the era and modern pictures. Sadly I don't remember what good it was, how far I along I had gotten and most importantly - where I saved it :| The project I had been making it for never quite got far enough along and so we moved on to different priorities...

Anyway I really love what you guys are doing and how there's mod projects like this one for Squad and Unreal Engine 4 games in 2016. Makes me nostalgic too :)

Edited by TASS

2 hours ago, Frontliner said:

A question for the team: Can the StG44 please be treated as a special weapon class so that it can only see limited usage? Because realistically speaking it was quite rare on the Western Front.

This is true for Market Garden in general, with one notable exception: The Panzer Brigades that were created in August 1944, some of which were used in Holland (for example to counter attack the Son Bridges) used an experimental organisation for their Panzergrenadiers: They had no MG42s or rifles in their squads, instead each of the 8 men was equipped with an StG44. Long range fire support was provided by halftracks mounting three 1,5cm heavy MGs salvaged from obsolete planes (SdKfz251/21).

2 hours ago, [FH2] Ts4EVER said:

This is true for Market Garden in general, with one notable exception: The Panzer Brigades that were created in August 1944, some of which were used in Holland (for example to counter attack the Son Bridges) used an experimental organisation for their Panzergrenadiers: They had no MG42s or rifles in their squads, instead each of the 8 men was equipped with an StG44. Long range fire support was provided by halftracks mounting three 1,5cm heavy MGs salvaged from obsolete planes (SdKfz251/21).

I am glad that you're around. It is no coincidence why are we building some of these assets. We are working with a local historical advisor that have access to a plethora of references and a knowledge to match up.

Also, welcome. ^_^

5 hours ago, cribbaaa said:

Which PR devs are working on this?

The PR devs that joined this project started in PR:WW2 and later came to be promoted with official dev status. It's fair to say that in Periscope Games they only represent a fraction of the team atm. PR:WW2 might have been one of the early founders but this team encompasses far more than just PR.

Thank you for the support!

P.S.: PR:WW2 is not dead.

Edited by Arc_Shielder

Looking good fellas, keep it up!

Nice to see you using some existing assets smartly as well, no point recreating everything 100%. :D

On a side note, could we please have that beautifully modelled StG44 for INS in the maingame? :D

Edited by carmikaze

Pretty much sounds like what RO2 should've been - I'm pretty hyped!

Really impressed with what you have shown so far. Will keep a close eye on this. Nice work!

Well I got some experience building these types of bridges...I may just build them anyway just to have them in my portfolio. Let me know if you need a 3d artist or level designer.

bridge_scene_inside.jpg

Do we need to wait untill squad is released next year to play mods?

13 minutes ago, M.I.K.E. said:

Do we need to wait untill squad is released next year to play mods?

No current ETA on anything at the moment. Eventually Squad will have mods integrated using the Steam Workshop but that's a long ways down the road. For now the best anyone can do is enjoy the Sqorn and dream :)

wow, that looks very promising already. looking forward to it!

Dear Lord... this is the a dream come true. Incredible!

16 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Well I got some experience building these types of bridges...I may just build them anyway just to have them in my portfolio. Let me know if you need a 3d artist or level designer.

bridge_scene_inside.jpg

Please, get in touch with us at :  recruitment(a)postscriptumgame.com

Thanks.

On 5.8.2016 at 2:15 PM, Arc_Shielder said:

I am glad that you're around. It is no coincidence why are we building some of these assets. We are working with a local historical advisor that have access to a plethora of references and a knowledge to match up.

Also, welcome. ^_^

I'm never far away if there is a WW2 realism game to be a smartass about.

ooooooooooooo formidable !!!! please !!! french army for battle 39-40 ! B1-BIS FRENCH ARMOR !

Squad v7 and announcement of Post Scriptum : The Bloody Seventh on the same day.......I am blown away. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Squad v7 and announcement of Post Scriptum : The Bloody Seventh on the same day.......I am blown away. Thank you.

what was the post Scriptum announcement?