577 posts in this topic
5 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

@Ratface Fantastic work. Looking good. I do think the CofG needs moving forward though as the Sherman seems to drive over crests on its rear. I know the engine is out back but most of the armor is out front with the turret and barrel more front biased to. I could be completely wrong but it's how I perceive it to be. I am on my phone atm so can't hunt YouTube for a clip.

No worries, anything you can provide can always help us! Most of this is really WIP at the moment so a lot of those things will be fixed up. Feedback is always welcome :D

Nice work, but as been said it does travel a bit light over the larger crests.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Ratface said:

No worries, anything you can provide can always help us! Most of this is really WIP at the moment so a lot of those things will be fixed up. Feedback is always welcome :D

Found this. Got on the airport WiFi lol.

Edited by Major Trouble

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

Found this. Got on the airport WiFi lol.

Looks like they are running those tanks on a motocross track.... :)

Shouldn't have those fences on a track though...

Edited by XRobinson

2 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Looks like they are running those tanks on a motocross track.... :)

Shouldn't have those fences on a track though...

Closest thing I could find to the Dev vid ;)

Posted (edited)

This one has smoke...one I'm working on...

This is better...good view from the top...and insides!

Edited by XRobinson

That suspension movement is awesome.

While I love the exhaust smoke and hope to see it with armor and heavy vehicles if the performance hit isn't too bad, it's in the wrong location for a Sherman, the exhausts are on the rear under the armor. It's also a bit heavy. 

The Sherman had a unique sound due to it's radial engine, it sounds like a plane.

15 minutes ago, LugNut said:

That suspension movement is awesome.

While I love the exhaust smoke and hope to see it with armor and heavy vehicles if the performance hit isn't too bad, it's in the wrong location for a Sherman, the exhausts are on the rear under the armor. It's also a bit heavy. 

The Sherman had a unique sound due to it's radial engine, it sounds like a plane.

Noted with the smoke effect (and no, doesn't seem to give any performance hit at all, at least not in the SDK). I'll pass that on.

Right now we don't have any specific Sherman engine sounds set up but that'll be done in due time ;)

guys please ....more infos, more media, more videos  xD

We do post all our media and content on Facebook. Also a bit on Twitter, but less.

Thanks for your enthusiasm !

It's still very much a modified Squad game. They're having to wait for OWI to do what they do best before they can move forward. It many end up being a paid for mod but that's no different to a lot of AAA titles DLC. All those BF1942 expansions just built on the core game. They even called them xmods.

I do remember BF expansions being cheaper than the core game though.  Cough, cough ;).

Well, until we do an official announcement and statement, I don't see why this thread should be locked.

We are still working on it at an unchanged pace, end goal remain the same.

Until we state something officially ( Facebook & Twitter ), there is no point speculating, just look at the game for what it is, the work that it represents, and when you know everything about our end goals and what we plan to be, then feel free to jump into the hype panzer with us or to simply wave good bye to PS.

Good ol' free will.

Either way, we are still developing PS to be what we want it to be, what matters is that we have a very clear vision of what the game will be and play like, and nothing will stop us from reaching that goal, not even people filled with hate and possibly jealousy.

We (devs) are gamer before all, and this is our way to prove the world that there is another type of gameplay possible for us that is not a fast paced shooter in small maps.

Hate posts and threads are just impossible to understand on my end, why would you hate other gamer trying to do the game they want to play.

Is it just us trying to get a living of it the main problem ? Which, by the way are not able to do at the moment.

Is it because of a terminology issue ? The word mod = free ? Possibly.

And even if we weren't going to be a mod, what would be the issue ? Us saying that it was going to be one at first ? Aren't we allowed to change our mind and project scope ? Is this up to you guys ?

Post Scriptum evolved a lot since last year, and our targets and end goals are much much bigger than they originally were.

In some way, as a group of developers, we don't "owe" the community, we certainly hope and wish you guys will like and love Post Scriptum, the opposite would make no sense as most of you guys are into realistic kind of game, but again, there is nothing we "MUST" do, or "SAY" in the time frame you think is reasonable.

Seem to be the trend the past few years, gamer and community should have their saying in development, managing resources and delay of delivery.

When a writer is writing a script for a movie, a book or a trailer, he just do his best, and hope people will like the end result.

He is not under public pressure to owe a deadline, or information about what he is doing.

As long as we explain what PS is going to be and deliver that exact product, then nothing stops you from getting on board with us or not. The choice will be yours.

That is the only thing we definitely owe you guys.

Currently, you think you know what PS is going to be based on speculation and our previous early alpha playtest, but if there is one thing that is for sure, is how happily surprised you guys are going to be when you know exactly what Post Scriptum is actually going to be and how different to Squad it is going to be :)

And of course, as soon as this information is ready to be spread, we will obviously share it with the communities, and I say that plural.

We are dying of impatience to share it all ! :)

All in due time.

Thanks for your support !

Have a bit of faith guys, and if you don't feel like where we are going, rest assured there are plenty of WWII games coming in the next years, but none of them are like what we have !

Love from the dev team !!

Mp9Hm14.png

PS: Didn't plan to write such a block when I first started, but felt like sharing with you :)

21 hours ago, PolishKruk said:

Does this even belong here anymore since it's now a standalone project and not a conversion mod?

I've wondered that myself, as it was previously stated to be a separate commercial standalone game, being built off SQUAD's SDK...wasn't it?

(Which I think is ingenious of OWI from a business standpoint, pimp out a game that's still seemingly in an early alpha state, to be used as a game engine and generate more revenue.)

I thought this section was for actual mods of SQUAD, not standalone games.

I'm not a WW II fan myself, but the development seems to shine through in Post Scriptum.  Looks like you guys are doing a bang-up job, and I wish you all the best.  :)

Edited by SSIXS

16 hours ago, desen said:

Whats Up with an Q and A Session?

Not a good timing. We know most of the questions people will ask, and are not ready to answer those just yet.

All in due time :)

On 4/25/2017 at 2:43 PM, PolishKruk said:

Does this even belong here anymore since it's now a standalone project and not a conversion mod?

I don't think it should be here anymore considering that its a separate project from squad, and if i heard correctly there is a small WW2 "MOD" in the works rightnow. So i don't really understand why they don't get their own site and stop feeding off of the squad website. 

16 hours ago, HeroiKRED said:

I don't think it should be here anymore considering that its a separate project from squad, and if i heard correctly there is a small WW2 "MOD" in the works rightnow. So i don't really understand why they don't get their own site and stop feeding off of the squad website. 

Whether they're using the Squad forum or not, it's not up to you to decide !

All my support to the Post Scriptum team ;)

Because of Same Player Pool?
X Out of 10 squaddies will Play P.S..

That thread here is a good Connection to them

42 minutes ago, Günther said:

Whether they're using the Squad forum or not, it's not up to you to decide !

@desen

If they arent a mod then why on earth should they be in the modding section of the Squad forum? Its false advertisement IMO.

yeah...whatever

thats hairsplitting....maybe the mods could move that thread to the off-topic section, but i dont care about that.

1 minute ago, desen said:

yeah...whatever

thats hairsplitting....maybe the mods could move that thread to the off-topic section, but i dont care about that.

I view it as very dishonest marketing by the PS devs rather than hairsplitting. 

20 minutes ago, desen said:

ok, you convinced me.

they should perform seppuku to got their honor back :ph34r: xD

If you two are done, the moderators have had all the time in the world and have made statements that until an official statement is released from us this thread will stay in this section. Your insults won't change anything that's already been decided.

If you'd like to continue insulting us and telling us to kill ourselves, I suggest you do it via PM.

Grow up.

Cheers.