1 hour ago, JozoNalozil said:

anyway to participate in alpha?

I'm not sure when the next opprotunity will be, but keep your eyes here, on our twitter or on our facebook page. We'll always try to put out the message in those three areas like we did previously :)

Gentleman's, I'm so glad to give you congratulations, have surpassed my expectations. I didn't expect to see such deploying, such as infantry, weapons and vehicles, and what to say about map, stunning, just outstanding piece of a lot and arduous work.
The sound is good, but later I'll back about it.

Meanwhile a few points that I'm want to share with you.

1-M42 German helmet, according as shown in photos and footages in 1944 both Wehrmacht and Waffen SS, was very rare to see one decal, even double on their stahlhelm. However, I'm glad to see it there. As you can see, in these photos taken in Oosterbeek and Arnhem

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-590-2333-13,_ArnhBundesarchiv_Bild_101I-590-2333-30,_Arnhe5445f03ae59886e424f2c53411277f2.jpgtumblr_o5cbdtRoNH1r3eyedo5_1280.jpgBundesarchiv_Bild_101I-590-2332-07A,_Arn

2- Sound of weapons, especially MG42, I didn't quite feel it there, it's my humble opinion. What I expected to hear is something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N59msUnyy1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwW31u6wYvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNgu9WT8zH0

3-And to finish, the atmosphere of the ambient sounds, at the moment is good, but to recreate it as it really is sounded, what better reference, than the own sound of the battle, recorded by Stanley Maxted of the BBC reporting from Oosterbeek during a resupply drop for The 1st Airborne Division.

Edited by S.H USA

On 2/25/2017 at 5:18 PM, S.H USA said:

Ambient noise in a tactical sim? why does there always have to be a non existent near by battle?

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Ambient noise in a tactical sim? why does there always have to be a non existent near by battle?

... why not? Market Garden was a huge operation, it would be realistic and immersive to have such things sounding in the distance.

I'd support it if it was noise that wasn't player created like aircraft, large arty, whatever. I like the fact that in Squad, all the weapon sounds mean combat and that you had better pay attention to them because they are significant. I think with full servers, there will be plenty of racket. 

We arent fighting the battle of market garden we are playing a game version where there is no extended battle being that we are on a made up island of land in the middle of 1's and 0's its not practical and probably wouldn't help the game feel for anyone besides no mans sky players. Gunshots in ambient noise when you cant even see where its coming from is just stupid... Ive been in engagements (Blank Fire) where I couldn't even hear the rear guard... and they're never that far out. 

Edited by Dylan

On 2/27/2017 at 7:22 AM, Aniallator said:

... why not? Market Garden was a huge operation, it would be realistic and immersive to have such things sounding in the distance.

I agree, it would be nice with a bit of ambient noise. For example, Squad has the sound of jets in the background as ambiance (you can hear this in the Range). A low rumbling of planes in the distance or such would add to the overall feeling of being a part of something bigger. The battlefield is a loud, dynamic place. 

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

3 hours ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

I agree, it would be nice with a bit of ambient noise. For example, Squad has the sound of jets in the background as ambiance (you can hear this in the Range). A low rumbling of planes in the distance or such would add to the overall feeling of being a part of something bigger. The battlefield is a loud, dynamic place. 

Exactly!

8 hours ago, Thenis said:

Correct me if I am wrong but shouldnt this thread be moved to off topic seeing it will be a standalone game and not related to Squad? 

7 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

I would certainly think so!

Thread remains until the situation is addressed by OWI, or developers move it themselves.

Any unrelated posts will be hidden.

sad to here about the future of this project, it had such great potential.

10 hours ago, Sorta said:

It still does, it's just going to cost us, that's all.

I am just a little bit worried about the playerbase, its gonna be much smaller then Squad and Squads player base is not even that big.

For me its just Squad with other models and textures, but i am prolly going to buy it after some good reviews.

12 hours ago, Sorta said:

??

2 hours ago, M.I.K.E. said:

I am just a little bit worried about the playerbase, its gonna be much smaller then Squad and Squads player base is not even that big.

Same here. I think right now it looks pretty similar to squad gameplay. I probably won't get it. Squad is fine for me. Look at Insurgency and Day of Infamy. Very similar gameplay. Day of Infamy Standalone has much less players than Insurgency (looked it up today on steamcharts).

Edited by Nyrak

Guys, calm your t*ts. ^^
The game literally didnt put out a single standalone release, let alone show the features they want to incorporate. 
Wait for it, and if you don't like the finished product, don't buy it. 

But judging the quality from a single 40p closed early pre-alpha test , wich was basically Squad with WW2 assets, that's ridiculous...

There will doubtless be other WW2 mods that spring up given that PS won't be a mod anymore... if you don't want to buy PS wait for those.

I wonder if PS will be moddable?  Or be able to make maps for it....Be cool if can do so.  Cause that's one of my goals to make a WW2 map... :)

On 3/3/2017 at 9:13 AM, XRobinson said:

I wonder if PS will be moddable?  Or be able to make maps for it....Be cool if can do so.  Cause that's one of my goals to make a WW2 map... :)

Someone should make a modern day mod for PS, with modern Russian and American armies, and maybe a middle eastern insurgent or some type of militia faction

6 hours ago, Sorta said:

Someone should make a modern day mod for PS, with modern Russian and American armies, and maybe a middle eastern insurgent or some type of militia faction

Maybe they could get some devs from PR to do it. 

Pfft, there's no interest in modern shooters, they've been done to death. 

17 hours ago, Sorta said:

hell yeah! 

Edited by Marijuanoz
for luls