Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Well insurgents don't gave bullet proof vests. So Yes, Svd caliber rounds def need to be one hit. M4 and ak74 should be two hits but at least give some sort of hit reaction. As it is now you can get hit twice in the chest and immediately return accurate fire. If I wanted that sort of gameplay I'd just stick to counter strike. And the needs to be more strength to the ak47 which uses a larger round. And lasts I checked even the 50 cal takes more than one shot to incapacitate someone. So I am far more inline with post scriptum which actually aims to have somewhat realistic ballistic damage. 

 

1. Tell me honestly, do you think it would be fun or balanced to play as the Insurgents when you could be one hit killed with rifle caliber rounds, while the factions you're fighting take at least two?

2. The M4 and AK-74 can already drop someone in two hits.

3. Hit reactions are planned... I'm not sure why you brought this up anyway considering hit reactions aren't different in PS.

4. An AKM round has a base damage of 71, while an M4 round has a base damage of 62.

5. .50s already drop enemies with one hit.

 

Basically everything you're saying is kind of ridiculous...

 

 

2 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

We can speculate but the squad devs have been very hush about it. So I assume they aren't interested or excited about the feature. Or perhaps they haven't thought of it. 

 

The Squad devs have also been hush about... oh wait, everything. Come on...

Edited by Aniallator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

 

1. Tell me honestly, do you think it would be fun or balanced to play as the Insurgents when you could be one hit killed with rifle caliber rounds, while the factions you're fighting take at least two?

2. The M4 and AK-74 can already drop someone in two hits.

3. Hit reactions are planned... I'm not sure why you brought this up anyway considering hit reactions aren't different in PS.

4. An AKM round has a base damage of 71, while an M4 round has a base damage of 62.

5. .50s already drop enemies with one hit.

 

Basically everything you're saying is kind of ridiculous...

 

 

 

The Squad devs have also been hush about... oh wait, everything. Come on...

They why all factions should not survive a chest shot. It is more common for someone to not survive that than to survive it. Especially a direct hit from an SVD caliber weapon, with or without body armor. And if you shoot someone in the leg with a 50 they can still run away. Now we all know that a 50 can will destroy a femur. You could never RUN away after being shot with a 50 cal. That's why I think they should be one hit incap no matter where you are hit, just like how PR did it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

They why all factions should not survive a chest shot. It is more common for someone to not survive that than to survive it. Especially a direct hit from an SVD caliber weapon, with or without body armor. And if you shoot someone in the leg with a 50 they can still run away. Now we all know that a 50 can will destroy a femur. You could never RUN away after being shot with a 50 cal. That's why I think they should be one hit incap no matter where you are hit, just like how PR did it. 

 

You're talking about real life. Squad does not represent what would actually happen in real life. In real life, even if a round failed to penetrate your bulletproof vest, it could cause internal damage and would certainly knock the wind out of you. A bullet in the right place could pop an artery, and a .50 BMG to the leg wouldn't just destroy your femur, it would probably detach most of your leg from your body. Squad is a game and is not intended to represent such things, even in a gamey way, and for gameplay reasons it makes sense to allow players to survive one bullet (assuming they have bandages that would be able to stop the bleeding or aren't already wounded). Gameplay in general would be less enjoyable if one bullet from basically anything killed you. Furthermore, there's a ton that's yet to be added in this department; an overhauled medic system, localized wounds, hit reactions, dragging, etc. Be patient.

 

At this point we are purely derailing, so unless you want to continue this somewhere else I'd ask that it stops here and the PS thread can go back to actual PS stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good Tank gameplay from Saint Sasius (around 17m area), don't think I've seen any quite yet in any other videos ;)

 

All WIP of course and only using AP rounds (armor piercing) at the moment, but still fun to see these lumbering beasts roaming around ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ratface said:

Some good Tank gameplay from Saint Sasius (around 17m area), don't think I've seen any quite yet in any other videos ;)

 

All WIP of course and only using AP rounds (armor piercing) at the moment, but still fun to see these lumbering beasts roaming around ;)

 

Oh, man. Those lumbering tanks are awesome. I love the engine and machinegun sounds too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the few parts of PsiSyndicate's stream I enjoyed (that guy does not know how to play Squad lol) was when he was on a second or third floor in a town looking down at the street, hearing the clank clank clank then seeing a Panzer IV roll by below him. Tank sounds are hugely immersive, good to see that you guys seem to be doing them well :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The salt levels are high in here, thanx for posting the tank game play link Rat.

Edited by Pvt.pile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This makes me so excited when we finally get some real tanks in vanilla Squad! It's going to be so epic! Anyways, this game it turning out real nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone discussing monetisation / business aspects of either Squad or Post Scriptum will now be dealt with.

 

This is not the place to be talking about money. Go to their Facebook page or YouTube comments section of whatever video you watched. This thread is strictly for the discussion of the content shown, and development blogs / posts / updates.

 

Consider this your final warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ratface said:

Some good Tank gameplay from Saint Sasius (around 17m area), don't think I've seen any quite yet in any other videos ;)

 

All WIP of course and only using AP rounds (armor piercing) at the moment, but still fun to see these lumbering beasts roaming around ;)

 

 

That tank literally took 5 minutes plus to get from German spawn to British first objective. Just that, made it feel authentic. Definitely no rushing with tanks. I'll upload the whole tank gameplay as I cut it down significantly.  It'll give you a better feel that these beasts will need some worthy skill to drive, gun and commander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little worried on how to balance how fragile they are with the slow movement speed. If the movement in game now is slow for engine reasons and not realistic, then not to worry, but if it takes you ages to get across the map and just two rockets then take you out, or one AP round, their effectiveness will be low. If they have good optics, they can stand way off and lob shells which would be ok, but each sides tanks would end up sitting at the back of the maps afraid to move up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LugNut said:

I'm a little worried on how to balance how fragile they are with the slow movement speed. If the movement in game now is slow for engine reasons and not realistic, then not to worry, but if it takes you ages to get across the map and just two rockets then take you out, or one AP round, their effectiveness will be low. If they have good optics, they can stand way off and lob shells which would be ok, but each sides tanks would end up sitting at the back of the maps afraid to move up. 

Don't get me wrong, you'll still definitely want infantry supporting your tanks. However, I will say it took me 6 PIATS and 2 or 3 gammon bombs to kill a panther. If your supporting infantry hasn't killed the enemy AT by then you're not doing tanks right ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took alot to destroy a tank. Even that friendly fire hit on the Tiger in the video above didn't destroy the Tiger, was just without crew. Mosdef an asset to take care of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2017 at 2:30 PM, BreihzoO said:

Well, we had this convo quite a few times with PS devs.

I am myself a player of DCS, and I am uncomfortable adding planes in 4*4km maps, even in 8*8km maps. I would be tempted to exclude them until ( if ever ) we can reach 20*20 maps or more something like that. I think it would be very bad to have the same plane experience as game like Heroes and Generals or others. But again, that is my personal opinion about it, let see how things evolve in the future.

 

Completely agree with you on this.

 

Are you guys going to do a alpha test anytime soon? Would be awesome to help out and report feedback. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS looks outstanding right now, but honestly I'm so excited to see how it changes when it's brought up to vanilla Squad standards in terms of animations etc, and especially to see PS after the animation update, and tracked vehicle support, and all that comes with it :) So much hype!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Aniallator said:

One of the few parts of PsiSyndicate's stream I enjoyed (that guy does not know how to play Squad lol) was when he was on a second or third floor in a town looking down at the street, hearing the clank clank clank then seeing a Panzer IV roll by below him. Tank sounds are hugely immersive, good to see that you guys seem to be doing them well :)

Yes! I saw that and it was awesome. Felt like I was watching a war movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ratface said:

Don't get me wrong, you'll still definitely want infantry supporting your tanks. However, I will say it took me 6 PIATS and 2 or 3 gammon bombs to kill a panther. If your supporting infantry hasn't killed the enemy AT by then you're not doing tanks right ;)

 

Ah, ok, thanks, that makes more sense.  Maybe I was thinking of Daimlers getting wacked with just a couple rockets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All my 3 thumbs up for his MOD....

Edited by Drecks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI would it be possible for this game to feature the mg42 or mg34 supported on the shoulder of a comrade for more accurate fire? That would be awesome as it was a commonly used tactic for the Germans. As you know, their squad unit was based around the mg... their movement, tactics, everything was all centered around the mg. Here are some picture references: 

 

tumblr_mrt6k2KS3D1sfkw0no2_1280.jpg

gd___kursk_1_-_0002_01.jpg

mg42_by_hareman.jpg

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

-snip-

 

While on principal I like this idea as well, for PS I'm just not sure it's worth the effort of implementing, considering it's way easier for the player to lie prone or find some small structure to deploy on, rather than coordinating with another player and then having that player taken out of action because he's supporting the MG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×