2 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Really enjoying this game. Now we know in ww2 everyone didn't have mics so it is kind of an immersion killer hearing the mic static and beeps every time a mic goes off. Could that be removed? Personally for realism it would be nice if only squad leader had squad chat and everyone Lee was just local chat. However for game play I guess that will it work. Bu hopefully at least the beep can be removed. And loving the realistic gun sounds!!

You can turn off the beeps etc in your Squad settings. Unfortunatley taking away squad voice chat would turn players away to the 3rd party options so my guess is it's here to stay even if a little unrealistic for a WW2 game.

12 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Well this game is already better than squad. Can't even enjoy that game with the way people shrug off bullets without and hit reaction. Glad this game will have 1-2 hits to drop someone, like the original red orchestra. Those 30-06 and k98 rifles were deadly. 

Better than Squad? You do realize that PS is basically just Squad with WW2 stuff, yeah? And imagine how crappy it would be if rifle caliber rounds were one hit kills in Squad like they will be in PS; the only role whose primary doesn't use rifle rounds is the Raider with his PPSh-41, meaning effectively every time you took a hit you'd be dead.

3 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

You can turn off the beeps etc in your Squad settings. Unfortunatley taking away squad voice chat would turn players away to the 3rd party options so my guess is it's here to stay even if a little unrealistic for a WW2 game.

IIRC they said in a Q&A video that SLs will be able to use radios among themselves, but everyone else is limited to local. I really hope this is the case. Who cares if some people will turn to TS, the vast majority of players in public servers are randoms.

PsiSyndicates' stream made me cringe hard. I couldn't watch it for more than 5 minutes.. Not a good platform to front a new mod, especially one this good!

4 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

I disagreed with Blitz's comments on who should get to play but having watched Drewski & Psi stumbling around for 10 mins not using any tactics I had to switch them off. Not a great advert at all.

Well in v7 testing there people like levelcap that are way worse then those two. That just marketing thing,us hardcore and people that enjoy tactical things are really minority in gaming community,and these people have a lot bigger common and casual public.

Also these people are almost all that play ww2 games regularly,there was The Shermanator there also. He did well

Edited by .Bole

A few suggestions for the team:

Stielhandgranate were designed as concussion grenades; unlike other grenades like the British Mills, whose explosive was housed in a cast iron "pineapple" casing, the Stielhandgranate's explosive was housed in a thin sheet steel casing, the intent being to stun enemies by the sheer force of the blast rather than kill enemies with shrapnel. In keeping with historical accuracy, this could be represented in-game by giving the Stielhandgranate a fairly small damage radius and some kind of concussive effect, be it ear ringing, brief disorientation, whatever. Another aspect (and coincidentally one that helps balance the aforementioned suggestion) is the Stielhandgranate's stick handle, which provides better leverage to the thrower allowing it to be thrown further than contemporary grenades. Stielhandgranaten could be thrown 27-37 meters, where the Mills bomb could be thrown around 14 meters.

Another suggestion is manual bolting, which I feel is pretty important in a World War II shooter. Lastly would be limiting anyone using an MG34 or MG42 to hipfire unless they're prone or deployed; I can understand not having that now as bipods have yet to be implemented, but when they are it'd be nice to see German machine gunners have to prone or deploy on a surface to be able to ADS and accurately engage. I don't think this should be the case with the Bren, which is just in general a smaller and somewhat lighter weapon that doesn't have the capacity or the high RPM of the German MGs. Going ADS with a Bren while not prone or deployed should incur a lot of sway, though.

EDIT: Also, just thinking out of the box here, but the British smoke grenade - the No. 77 - is a white phosphorus grenade, so what about having it apply a small amount of damage to anyone touching the smoke from it? During the war, such grenades were often used in an anti-personnel role given that the white phosphorus used to create the smoke also burned skin and started fires fairly easily. No. 77 grenades in FH2 do this, it's a nice little effect. It's these kinds of little things that make games/mods stand out as being truly unique ;)

Edited by Aniallator

1 hour ago, Aniallator said:

A few suggestions for the team:

Stielhandgranate were designed as concussion grenades; unlike other grenades like the British Mills, whose explosive was housed in a cast iron "pineapple" casing, the Stielhandgranate's explosive was housed in a thin sheet steel casing, the intent being to stun enemies by the sheer force of the blast rather than kill enemies with shrapnel. In keeping with historical accuracy, this could be represented in-game by giving the Stielhandgranate a fairly small damage radius and some kind of concussive effect, be it ear ringing, brief disorientation, whatever. Another aspect (and coincidentally one that helps balance the aforementioned suggestion) is the Stielhandgranate's stick handle, which provides better leverage to the thrower allowing it to be thrown further than contemporary grenades. Stielhandgranaten could be thrown 27-37 meters, where the Mills bomb could be thrown around 14 meters.

Another suggestion is manual bolting, which I feel is pretty important in a World War II shooter. Lastly would be limiting anyone using an MG34 or MG42 to hipfire unless they're prone or deployed; I can understand not having that now as bipods have yet to be implemented, but when they are it'd be nice to see German machine gunners have to prone or deploy on a surface to be able to ADS and accurately engage. I don't think this should be the case with the Bren, which is just in general a smaller and somewhat lighter weapon that doesn't have the capacity or the high RPM of the German MGs. Going ADS with a Bren while not prone or deployed should incur a lot of sway, though.

EDIT: Also, just thinking out of the box here, but the British smoke grenade - the No. 77 - is a white phosphorus grenade, so what about having it apply a small amount of damage to anyone touching the smoke from it? During the war, such grenades were often used in an anti-personnel role given that the white phosphorus used to create the smoke also burned skin and started fires fairly easily. No. 77 grenades in FH2 do this, it's a nice little effect. It's these kinds of little things that make games/mods stand out as being truly unique ;)

Interesting thoughts on the potato masher, might be interesting to keep in mind.

not quite sure yet how we're handling the MGs but we'll see how things go when the animation system releases. A lot of stuff currently will change once that's out.

i believe manual bolting is on our todo list but same idea as above (waiting for animation system).

same goes for the WP, pretty sure that's on the list eventually along with possible new effects. All up in the air atm but it has been discussed.

good feedback, thanks! ;)

I luv how ppl take one  t thing and roll with it hard, the internet never ceases to amaze.

Anyway watched a lot of the streams and vids and it looks awesome lads keep up the good work.

Edited by Pvt.pile

The differences in the grenades was one of the nicer things about RO2 and especially Dibblers mod since he introduced shrapnel, so the grenades actually threw and behaved somewhat accurately. I'd love to see true shrapnel again in Squad/PS, it really makes explosions scary. 

I cringed a bit watching guys run around with mg-42 shouldered in some gameplay vids I watched earlier today, I know it's very early in development and you'll have plans with how to deal with heavy, essentially crew served weapons like that. My hope will be that movement will be somewhat nerfed because of their weight and while you might be able to shoot them from the shoulder or from the hip, it would only make sense in QCB and emergency situations. To keep it true to life, it'd be great to see them blow through ammo and possibly be resupplied by squadmates. 

I have to say, the mod is looking great, I really enjoyed the gameplay I watched. It'll be interesting to see how the bigger fobs and more obvious RP's change how they are treated. 

So, is this game really gonna be a full standalone game that you pay for? As Bluedrake just uploaded a video stating it will be a full standalone game you probably need to pay for, he is basing it on 'rumors he heard', sounds more like view baiting. Not that i will mind. Some serious good work is being done on the game and im more than willing to pay for it.

Edited by Sgt. Veld

53 minutes ago, Sgt. Veld said:

So, is this game really gonna be a full standalone game that you pay for? As Bluedrake just uploaded a video stating it will be a full standalone game you probably need to pay for, he is basing it on 'rumors he heard', sounds more like view baiting. Not that i will mind. Some serious good work is being done on the game and im more than willing to pay for it.

From our talks with them that would be their goal. Take it right to a full version that they could release. We are supporting them in limited capacity at the moment helping with builds and things like that. 

The outcome will really be up to them and you the community. Personally I would love to see a large scale ww2 game built on squads base. 

If it gets good enough I don't see why we as a OWI would hold them back (We don't own their content obviously so they are free to do as they please on that end)  Many a studio has been launched from a really good mod! (Maybe it will be more popular than squad)

23 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

From our talks with them that would be their goal. Take it right to a full version that they could release. We are supporting them in limited capacity at the moment helping with builds and things like that. 

The outcome will really be up to them and you the community. Personally I would love to see a large scale ww2 game built on squads base. 

If it gets good enough I don't see why we as a OWI would hold them back (We don't own their content obviously so they are free to do as they please on that end)  Many a studio has been launched from a really good mod! (Maybe it will be more popular than squad)

So, they want to be considered a stand-alone game when they are using another game's base engine?  That doesn't make sense to me.  

If Squad developers are collaborating/supporting the project, as you say, it sounds more like an expansion.   

Yeah I also don't support this. Squad already is a niche game. Splitting the community with a money barrier is a terrible decision IMO

49 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Disappointed to see a decision that will cause community to split.

I think they actually would have a completely different audience Squad is far more niche than ww2. 

1 hour ago, Mango_Flame said:

So, they want to be considered a stand-alone game when they are using another game's base engine?  That doesn't make sense to me.  

If Squad developers are collaborating/supporting the project, as you say, it sounds more like an expansion.   

Its the same as OWI did with ue4.

We used Epic's base to make squad. I don't see how its any different. Care to enlighten me? 

Should a ww2 expansion (in an imaginery world where OWI made one) not be something worthy of being paid for? Sounds like we are indebted to make games for you for all time!  weird man! 

31 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

I think they actually would have a completely different audience Squad is far more niche than ww2.

No matter how much it gets modded. Post Scriptum will feel like Squad and play like Squad. It will be for people that enjoy Squad and thus it will split the community

19 minutes ago, Thenis said:

No matter how much it gets modded. Post Scriptum will feel like Squad and play like Squad. It will be for people that enjoy Squad and thus it will split the community

We will have to see what they come up with I guess! 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker said:

Disappointed to see a decision that will cause community to split.

What are you talking about? Care to elaborate? It will not split the community at all.

Those who enjoy both games will play both, and those who enjoy WW2 only would not have even touched the main game, so there's nothing to split.

No need to overdramatize it, like Bluedrake did in his new shitty view bating video.

I'm ready to pay for a new great WW2 game, that's the least thing we can do in return for the blood and sweat they put into the game.

Edited by carmikaze

1 hour ago, IrOnTaXi said:

We used Epic's base to make squad. I don't see how its any different. Care to enlighten me? 

PS is a mod of Squad, where Squad is a new game built on UE4, but you know this already. The fact the PS devs are waiting for OWI to complete their various parts (animations, tracked vehicles, etc) says it all. 

The PS team are doing a great job with lots of work and I am happy they would like rewarding for their efforts and will gladly pay for a WW2 mod of Squad.

Just now, Major Trouble said:

PS is a mod of Squad, where Squad is a new game built on UE4, but you know this already. The fact the PS devs are waiting for OWI to complete their various parts (animations, tracked vehicles, etc) says it all. 

And we do the same thing with ue4 for better or worse!  For example we haven't released any tracked vehicles as we have been waiting on epic to release n-wheel phyxs!

Paid DLC SQUAD Please make it as.

Do not sell it as a separate game Do not destroy community
Do not divide.

Edited by Green_Sword

2 hours ago, Mango_Flame said:

It's more common than you realise. In fact, you wouldn't believe how many franchises today are based on what were originally monetised standalone mods. Red Orchestra and Killing Floor were  standalone games built off a mod for Unreal Tournament. Counter Strike, Day of Defeat and Team Fortress were all mods for the original Half Life. (The only reason why they seem official now is because they were bought and acquired by Valve after release.) 

I remember a classic game called Gunman Chronicles sold as a CD in game shops. That was a independently developed Half-Life mod.

In fact, even as I type this more come to mind; Dayz (Arma2) and Black Mesa (HL2)  - both very modern, paid, standalone games. 

Basically; to create a standalone game off the engine of an existing game and sell it as one has been common practice since the year 2000 and some incredible franchises have been born from it. In my mind, it's perfectly acceptable so long as the development costs reflect it. 

Edited by Tartanclad

20 minutes ago, Green_Sword said:

Paid DLC SQUAD Please make it as.

Do not destroy community
Do not divide.

Care to explain troll?

Why would it split the community if you have to pay for it, but not if it's free? Is this evidence that you just want everything for free?

Is this the Bluedrake"fanbase" that's flooding us right now?

I guess I'm trying to apply too much reason here.

Edited by carmikaze

@IrOnTaXi, you play a game based on gameplay, not because of the thematics. If a person is not interested in the tactical teamwork approach he will neither touch Squad nor PS, and those who are will have the option to play either of the two, going with whichever theatre of war they prefer.

If 2 years ago I would've had to choose between Squad and PS I probably would've went with PS. Some people might buy both, ok. But you can't play both at the same time, causing the number of daily players to split between the two, which isn't a concern for you from a business perspective, but to me, as a player, it is. Especially since Squad isn't a mainstream game whatsoever. You can find 100s, if not 1000s of people playing CS 1.6 to this day because Counter Strike has such a ridiculously large fanbase that it can handle being split three ways(although CS: Condition Zero died out rather quickly), but Squad? No way! In the end PS may end up like Forgotten Hope 2, with the same 100 players playing it every day; I think having it integrated as part of Squad would be a better alternative, especially from a gamer's perspective, but ultimately it's the choice of Breizo and his team.

4 hours ago, Sgt. Veld said:

Freaking cheap asses. I have no respect for bluedrake or any one else not willing to PAY for this game. It really bothers me how these lames actually are complaining about having to PAY for post scriptum. Those devs are working hard and deserve to get paid honestly. They can have my money. They listen to the community and I appreciate how they are making the game more realistic than squad by making bullets more lethal. They had rifle bullets killing in one shot and sub machine guns killing in two shots. That's far better than how in squad you have to take multiple shots and there are no flinch/hit reactions. So I'm glad to PAY. By them having money they can get more motivated and take the game to the next level. Like adding Americans vs Germans in Normandy!! But they can't do that without money. 

Freaking lazy ass millennials wanting stuff for free all the time... I'm only 30 and it pisses me off. Yeah I'll pay and you should too. 

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

5 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

And we do the same thing with ue4 for better or worse!  For example we haven't released any tracked vehicles as we have been waiting on epic to release n-wheel phyxs!

Lol, you do your talented team a disservice. Your team is pioneering the game development and building the base from the tools provided by Epic. PS guys are tweaking your game to give it the WW2 flavour so many of us want to see.

I bought into Squad because it's a game I want to play but also it's a game I could watch being developed and gain an insight of how it all comes together maybe even helping in some small way. I can clearly see a difference in how Squad & PS are being developed and I am on the outside.