Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've been tracking this project from the start and I am impressed by the progress and the standard of the work. It's looking like the best mod project in the community.

But one question:

You're picking your alpha testers from people who share your facebook post? I am shocked by this. It doesn't seem like a responsible way to ensure you get the best group to test your content. It's disappointing to see this poor publicity stunt, for a stage of the development that needs the most care and attention.

 

Hopefully this doesn't ruin the project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BLITZA said:

I've been tracking this project from the start and I am impressed by the progress and the standard of the work. It's looking like the best mod project in the community.

But one question:

You're picking your alpha testers from people who share your facebook post? I am shocked by this. It doesn't seem like a responsible way to ensure you get the best group to test your content. It's disappointing to see this poor publicity stunt, for a stage of the development that needs the most care and attention.

 

Hopefully this doesn't ruin the project.

 

We are picking 20 random members of the community so everyone have a chance to test our game. It doesn't mean for one second that  we don't have experienced tester on the side.

Common, really ? You think that's the kind of move that can ruin a project, seriously ?

Give us just a bit of credit, I think our team showed enough professionalism so far to at least comfort you in a way that we know what we are doing. No need to over hype the project, or make drama about it. We are trying our best to deliver the game we want to play, and that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BreihzoO said:

 

We are picking 20 random members of the community so everyone have a chance to test our game. It doesn't mean for one second that  we don't have experienced tester on the side.

Common, really ? You think that's the kind of move that can ruin a project, seriously ?

Give us just a bit of credit, I think our team showed enough professionalism so far to at least comfort you in a way that we know what we are doing. No need to over hype the project, or make drama about it. We are trying our best to deliver the game we want to play, and that's it.

 

I think inviting random people off facebook is a risky decision. Yes. Bringing the wrong people into a closed test group can be extremely detrimental, as I have seen from experience.

 

Shame you didn't read my post completely. This looks like a cheap publicity stunt which TBH I don't think you needed. You could have done the same deed through another means but your house, your rules. Hopefully you get lucky and the 20 random people are a benefit to your cause.

 

Peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BLITZA said:

 

I think inviting random people off facebook is a risky decision. Yes. Bringing the wrong people into a closed test group can be extremely detrimental, as I have seen from experience.

 

Shame you didn't read my post completely. This looks like a cheap publicity stunt which TBH I don't think you needed. You could have done the same deed through another means but your house, your rules. Hopefully you get lucky and the 20 random people are a benefit to your cause.

 

Peace

 

We have a solid group of experienced testers and devs. We don't rely heavily on this group's feedback (random participants & youtubers) and the numbers are too small and easy to contain in case of misbehavior. People are allowed to do streaming.

So what are the negative consequences that might potentially cause our demise?

I understand what your gripe is when you say "through other means", but it's ultimately redundant as far as getting the community involved somewhat. What makes the 20 soon to be participants/fans less worthy than pre-selected 20?

We're not going to be picky in that regard and I think it favors everyone in the long term if we engage into strategies that spread our name and get this project to higher grounds. That comes with a scope and a line of action that I'm afraid no one that is outside of the project can fully understand of what is required (since we're dealing with specific goals). Maybe in the near future that will be more clear.

 

Granted, we're not perfect but this is not the first rodeo for some of us as far as playtesting builds. That's what Brei meant.

For those of you who were left out, I hope you enjoy the streamed and uploaded videos of the session.

There will be more opportunities in the future to get involved though. Stay tuned!

 

 

Edited by Arc_Shielder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BLITZA said:

 

I think inviting random people off facebook is a risky decision. Yes. Bringing the wrong people into a closed test group can be extremely detrimental, as I have seen from experience.

 

Shame you didn't read my post completely. This looks like a cheap publicity stunt which TBH I don't think you needed. You could have done the same deed through another means but your house, your rules. Hopefully you get lucky and the 20 random people are a benefit to your cause.

 

Peace

 

I rather think you failed to read and understand his post. It seems you're simply mad that you may not get the chance to play.

 

It think it's great that the Devs give us the chance to play it in the first place, and I'm thankful for that really nice move. I also don't see why this is a cheap publicity stunt, could you elaborate this more? It's cheap to let the community get a glimpse of what's to come?

 

I have to admit that there's a chance that casual players may get attracted by facebook fans sharing the closed playing session, this may lead to the casuals applying, which could ultimately lead to them hating the game because it's too hardcore. So searchig for random people here on the forums may be slightly better, but that's totally up to the devs to decide. But we're talking about 20 people here, how big is the chance that cocky CoD kids will get their hands on the game early?

 

Anyways, so looking forward to videos and streams of the session!

Edited by carmikaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is the easiest and probably fastest way for us to communicate. We also are active on Twitter, but it is correct that most of our ads are on Facebook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh, I don't do TwitBook. Forums, Discord & Reddit that's my limit. I'll just have make do with videos and feedback. I hope any links get reposted here for our viewing pleasure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pvt.pile said:

So is the game ruined yet?

Got my ass handed to me really hard but it was all fun regardless. Should be a few videos out already and more sometime this weekend. Hopefully we'll see some posted here but if not right away I'll look for some tomorrow and post em up :)

 

Thanks to all who joined us today, was fun and went well! RIP to all who were slaughtered at the Wilhelmia Football Field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2017 at 4:39 PM, BreihzoO said:

At the moment they are, and sometime you even die like 0.5 seconds after the hit. Quite fun to see when you are the shooter :)

Well this game is already better than squad. Can't even enjoy that game with the way people shrug off bullets without and hit reaction. Glad this game will have 1-2 hits to drop someone, like the original red orchestra. Those 30-06 and k98 rifles were deadly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
yet it seemed to me a boring, think you need to make some bunkers,trenches other fortifications, cuz big part of fights was in 2-3 empty houses. In my opinion fight for some fortifications when we shuold use our armour, granade launchers etc for storming will be much more interesting
Edited by OXOTHNK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OXOTHNK said:
 

yet it seemed to me a boring, think you need to make some bunkers,trenches other fortifications, cuz big part of fights was in 2-3 empty houses. In my opinion fight for some fortifications when we shuold use our armour, granade launchers etc for storming will be much more interesting

 

During this specific battle the Germans didn't really have much set up in terms of defenses. Most of the garrison as stationed around the village of Renkum South West of Heelsum.

 

My experience was much more than 2 or 3 empty buildings. Many engagements around the first cap (football fields near the LZ), and quite a few engagements around the village center near the Hotel Zwitzerland. Few good skirmishes here and there in the forests as well. Was a rough few rounds in terms of difficulty but damn was it fun. Good variation of fights from what I experienced.

 

You'll find maps in the future have slightly different tones as they take place further along in the Market Garden Campaign. Closer to the middle and end were when you saw both sides digging in a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
I suggest you guys copy PR maps like Merville-Carentan and move in a postscript as possible, Heelsum looks really realistic, but when 70-100 ppl will fight on him , which flags they will should defend or storming, will be it Soccer field with small shack or big system of bunkers and trenches ? second variant will be more interesting, your mode really promissing, anyway I hope you will succed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That town was not fortified what so ever, so no. There will not be any trenches, bunker and else. We are aiming for accuracy.

 

Obviously, last night session was unbalanced level wise, but we are not going to address this by adding trenches and stuff that weren't there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are aiming for historical accuracy. So there will be probably some maps in future that really had bunkers.

Anyway you can use these ditches and canals as a trench for example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, historical accuaracy it is good, but I hope you will add some changes in map, make it more unique : I mean add some funnel after artillery rounds, some unique buildings like school, hospital, pig farm etc make holes in walls of houses for MG-42 - snipers, barbed wires and some fortificatins which soldier can make  by his shovel


also small wishes:

suggest mute birds during shooting and some time after, this shortcomming I see in almost all games, agree, when you walking in forest and there is no fire ,  sounds of birds  pertinent, but not  being in village/city with shooting

Edited by OXOTHNK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will just say, you should all be hyped for this. Especially for assets and maps.

Map design is by the far best i have seen.

 

There are already unique buildings, hotel,church etc....

There are already ruins from artillery,mortars on some of the houses

Edited by .Bole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagreed with Blitz's comments on who should get to play but having watched Drewski & Psi stumbling around for 10 mins not using any tactics I had to switch them off. Not a great advert at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, .Bole said:

They are aiming for historical accuracy. So there will be probably some maps in future that really had bunkers.

Anyway you can use these ditches and canals as a trench for example



The Oosterbeek Perimeter will be a perfect area for the Arnhem region to have for a map.
The terrain had a HQ, houses,some wood and sloped down to the riverarea so it has height difference.

And a tennis court instead of a football field. :-)

mapoost.gifgoogle.jpg

Edited by Drecks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoying this game. Now we know in ww2 everyone didn't have mics so it is kind of an immersion killer hearing the mic static and beeps every time a mic goes off. Could that be removed? Personally for realism it would be nice if only squad leader had squad chat and everyone Lee was just local chat. However for game play I guess that will it work. Bu hopefully at least the beep can be removed. And loving the realistic gun sounds!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×