578 posts in this topic

First of all, I never call into question the realism or complaining about  it, read my stament, please. I just indicated a few points about uniforms, because to be honest,  I don't want to see those uniforms that not are historically accuracy, even on the british side,  until now. I have clearly on mind, that's still in early alpha progress, but I hope to see real uniforms and equipment, to German side and Britsh side as well.
Second, to those who think that realism and historically accuracy can't to carry out, let me imform them they are very much wrong. This proyect will be acknowledged for have this, and playable dynamism.
I put my entire hopes on this Dev Team that they will make an amazing and complete work.

this cloaks(dot44) in previous post looks very nice even on werhmacht, hope in the future we will see various soldiers

185fad4cca92c7a83a7dcc5fce132808.jpgb9fec41457f5ecd8fe9a48594a694d97.jpg

Edited by OXOTHNK

I would rather the mod be realistic and have everyone in fieldgrau (on german side) than have Heer in any type of dot camo. 

On 1/18/2017 at 9:28 PM, S.H USA said:

Excellent, Devblog as always on your progress, but some points that I want to indicate:
The German uniforms, especially The Waffen SS seems to standard version of almost all games about this, not much accurate. The face of German soldier is the same patron, even they  aren't looks like a real German soldier of that time, about SS Panzer Crewman never there was exist that camouflage pattern and  it's look like a 70s guy with that sideburns.
Please not take this as criticism discouraging, quite the opposite. your progress indicate that your Dev team, have a great potential. Pleasantly I'll pay for your work, but I just to be sure that will be historically accurate. Anyway, great work, keep it up.
Here some pictures that show as are the Waffen SS, Luftwaffe and Wehrmacht troops, on Holland in September 1944:

177a1191cd6d9bd07013548b08f3832c.jpg

Soldiers of the 9th SS Panzer Division "Hohenstaufen"

arnhem3.jpg

This picture show the mix of units, elements from Waffen SS, Heer and Luftwaffe in Arnhem

ackermann1.jpg

Luftwaffe Obergefreiter Heinz Ackermann from Kampfgruppe Weber

2zpv6tj.jpgbg8go7.jpg2wgat5t.jpgdev0n7.jpg16142184_984532271680351_25579010028625716174945_984532245013687_84058021194688216142646_984532301680348_167393648193238

13044d1219587654-luftwaffe-feld-division13045d1219587654-luftwaffe-feld-division13046d1219587654-luftwaffe-feld-division10534654_301440440254943_90273117551020014962529_301440396921614_11267838267689115027876_301440400254947_521688096973853

Mannequins on uniform from Waffen SS, Heer to Luftwaffe Feld Division source: http://www.warrelics.eu/ http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/  & WW1 and WW2 mannequins, dioramas and collections Facebook Group

Matching Dot ... maybe early war maybe

swd.jpg6432388_orig.jpg1fcb271453edba6669a22931dbbe3344.jpgf7475daf9b22f66054b9fb7ada475db3.jpg

These are stahlhelm of Wehrmacht and fallschirmjäger double decals many soldiers have them on their own helmets are national were used in late 1930 until by the end of war I hope they will be an appearance in the game.

be_parkafall1.jpg

Waffen ss parka (w/hood) blurred edge fall camo it looks outstanding beautiful.

9ad0d80185efdc36ba916cdc6c7ff380.jpg

Waffen ss soldier in winter camo with toque over his head.

ssdf_pop.jpg

Waffen ss unterscharfuhrer in a camouflage jacket tarn and equipped with an mp40 sub machine gun this camouflage jacket was a different version of the one worn during the may 1940 campaign.

Regard with this are late ss uniforms their own stahlhelm used to be unveiled without any patterns covering the whole helmet inside of helmets had on both sides ss and hakenkreuz swastika emblems these units who have fought in earlier battles until the war ended these are reference ss uniforms if the game will aiming for history accuracy we desire to see such uniforms in the game and all sorts of miscellaneous things within in equipments gear lots of variants many more all together some soldiers used to having on their helmets all over belts chicken Wire everything they had at hand being very creative so on be more precisely accurate significantly is important the authenticity in ww2 era to make a game world be realistic as possible as it was back then in that time period every detail it is matter should be serious taken and thoroughly I hope some devs are been useful and taking some ideas for this game we want an real ww2 game first person shooter that I waited long time ago This is the opportunity to make this happen if you have really an truly militaristic advisor in the team and he knows what's is talking about it would be great to listening to him by sharing his thoughts opinions what's the best for a game based on ww2.

Edited by Joachim peiper

Hello boyz !

Here is our latest vehicle added in game. Those British will have a chance now :)

Churchilll_MkIV_Studio_01.jpg

Churchilll_MkIV_Studio_04.jpg

Churchilll_MkIV_Studio_02.jpg

Churchilll_MkIV_Studio_05.jpg

Churchilll_MkIV_Studio_03.jpg

I was so excited to see tracked vehicles in the last update, bring me muh tanks plz

Jesus, my eyes.

They want more!!

Beautiful asset, amazing texture too.

Edited by carmikaze

Gorgeous details texture on that British tank keep it up you guys doing amazing work looks so real I'm excited can't wait to play this game feel it will be a very good game among the best ww2 shooter and that what we need Through hard work will become a masterpiece and I will play with pleasure.

congratulations on your amazing work guys. Churchill is proud !

Does the inside of tanks look as good as outside?  Did you guys do the inside too?  :-) Hope we get to see instrument panels, loading shells, mg inside.

24 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Does the inside of tanks look as good as outside?  Did you guys do the inside too?  :-) Hope we get to see instrument panels, loading shells, mg inside.

As cool as it'd be, I don't believe that is on our current list of priorities. Would be amazing though, I agree. For the time being only expect interiors similar to that of the BTR currently in terms of Driver / Gunner.

What we've shown off in our dev blogs is pretty much what we're aiming for currently.

Looking good, just please implement the Crocodile variant :)

I just hope we can play this mod this year.

They are doing closed alpha sessions since last week and Progress is good said the dev.

Hugely looking forward to this. Been following progress from the off, and I think it's got potential to be absolutely incredible. Often I'd be quite apprehensive about the scale of the task, but in this case the work and quality to date seems to be matching the ambition. Fantastic, exciting!

Heared about this Mod recently and immidiatly got interested. It looks good and hope it will work out well. Had some experience in making levels myself so I know the difficulties and the desires to make it a succes.

I usually don't go on forums but I had to come on and say this looks amazing. I've been waiting for a good WW2 western front game to play for the last few years ever since ArmA 2 I44 died. There has been plenty of WW2 games that I've seen pop up recently but none have caught my interest and they all look very arcadey like Red Orchestra, Day of Infamy, battalion 1944 and Days of War. 

This is by far the most interesting WW2 shooter to play. With Squad's base game mechanics this is going to be awesome and isn't even a standalone game. I would like to donate if I can to help the project but didn't see anything on your website about the option. From the work you have already done this looks way better than all other standalone WW2 games that have been coming out recently so it deserves some recognition for the hours put in for it being a mod.  Definitely the most promising and look forward to this than any other mod or standalone game in the world war two genre.

Edit: If we could get the option to throw back grenades that would be awesome too. :P

Edited by Williamz

Did play and make maps for Red Orchestra. Thats not real arcady. While you dont want an arcady game you want the option to throw back nades...... :S

1 hour ago, Drecks said:

Did play and make maps for Red Orchestra. Thats not real arcady. While you dont want an arcady game you want the option to throw back nades...... :S

Throwing grenades back was a real thing and it actually happened, rarely. It's also adds to tension and some clutch moments to gameplay. They should balance it out so you can only do it if it lands right next to you. They might have take out grenade cooking (if they decided to have that) to adjust the reaction times.

At the moment they are, and sometime you even die like 0.5 seconds after the hit. Quite fun to see when you are the shooter :)

35 minutes ago, BreihzoO said:

At the moment they are, and sometime you even die like 0.5 seconds after the hit. Quite fun to see when you are the shooter :)

Great!

Haha yeah... it would suck if it took two hits from a bolt-action rifle to take someone down xD