Sign in to follow this  
Aleksi

Refundable period over, would like to try out new squad update to see if my AMD CPU can run it yet

So I've tried squad a few times, all times it failed to run on my CPU, so I refunded. Now if I buy it again to test, I won't be able to refund cause I have about 2 hours now.

My CPU is an AMD FX-4100

GPU is GTX 660 Ti

8 GB Ram

Wait and see after v7 launches, youll get a lot of feedback on AMD im sure. In short, despite testing on various AMD rigs, we have never got accurate feedback on performance until the game launches. Sorry i cnt be more helpful than that. I would say tho, that our next patch, we are going to focus very much on trying to improve framerates for mid level machines, with the emphasis on 'trying'. No promises ofc. 

Stay patient sir, major improvements on AMD issues have been made for A7, if not the next uptade, the one after that. Offworld wants to make everyones life easy, sooner or later it will be done.

I dunno man, even your GPU is weak. I have an over clocked gtx770 and I sometimes struggle with performance. It might be time to bite the bullet and upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Aleksi said:

So I've tried squad a few times, all times it failed to run on my CPU, so I refunded. Now if I buy it again to test, I won't be able to refund cause I have about 2 hours now.

My CPU is an AMD FX-4100

GPU is GTX 660 Ti

8 GB Ram

Upgrade to a new machine. Ur stuff is old old old 

I was running with the exact same setup and got about 20-22FPS on a full 80 player server. I just bought a refurb 960 and same FPS. The CPU might be old, but upgrading won't make a difference unless you buy an Intel.