Starbricks

How to Calculate Distance

How do you calculate the distance when using the medic binocular (or also any gun with scope)? long story short, i "main" the medic role, I spend more time gathering info and getting good visual on the battlefield for my Squad then shooting, but I struggle when I want to give the enemy distance to my RPG buddy or GL. It will help them make a faster and more precise shot and add a bit more of realism to my already amazing experience with this game. I currently guess, but is not working at all (I might just suck ad determine distances) and sometimes I just open the map and calculate with the grid.... way to long procedure to be effective. Please any tips are welcome! cheers 

socrateeeees :D could not ask for a better teacher then you my man! I learn so much since my son show me your channel on youtube! 

So look like there is not a secret behind it, i just need to get good with distances and proportions! I read about people understanding perfectly the distances by seeing how big is the enemy body compare to the red dot on the M4 for US army for example... possible but sound a bit extreme! 

Edited by Starbricks

Have the same problem, optics and medic, trying to provide intel to SL.

stick to numpad callouts right now, does take time to read landscape though  - as the minimap is not great in Woodlands.

Not sure riflemen would make use of medic callouts distance in meters yet, due to some reason and state of aim.

in some maps there is not ruler so scale/squares a bit unkown, cannot tell meters at all other than eyeball .

Amazing game!

You got a good  point on riflemen Gleb, the distance call could not make much difference for them... Eyeball skill it is, i ll work on that :) Appreciate the help

32 minutes ago, RoyAwesome said:

Sqrt(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)

HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA that is an easy fix !!!!! 

33 minutes ago, I_hate_usernames said:

meftV0q.gif

!!!!

A new v7 anime in Chora, Sumari ?

1 hour ago, RoyAwesome said:

Sqrt(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)

That'd have to be Sqrt((x_1 - x_2)²+(y_1 - y_2)²+(z_1 - z_2)²), with xyz_1 being point A (your location) and xyz_2 being point B, or you'd be squaring the absolute location of the player... :PB|9_9

If they are shooting you its too clse ).

Spend 2 mins on the training ground and see the targets have range gives you an idea of height of target. Personally I check the map  grid on the right for  better distance guide.. 

I don't know if this is true or not but I heard with acogs each horizontal bar correlates with the average shoulder width of man. So from this if you line up the bar with 4 next to it and the shoulder width matches the bar legenth then the contact is 400m away (assuming the gun is zeroed at 100m). Also use the training range to get used to the distance scale.

Medic have wet dreams about getting acog's lol

1 hour ago, Annie'sboobs said:

I don't know if this is true or not but I heard with acogs each horizontal bar correlates with the average shoulder width of man. So from this if you line up the bar with 4 next to it and the shoulder width matches the bar legenth then the contact is 400m away (assuming the gun is zeroed at 100m). Also use the training range to get used to the distance scale.

will totally try that one out and let you know... i do tried long session in training range but still I find it hard on the field to correctly judge the distance. I just need to practice it even more i guess! cheers 

1 hour ago, Smee said:

Medic have wet dreams about getting acog's lol

9_9

we actually dream a world with 1 frag and a scope on each medic... we will keep dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, Karm said:

That'd have to be Sqrt((x_1 - x_2)²+(y_1 - y_2)²+(z_1 - z_2)²), with xyz_1 being point A (your location) and xyz_2 being point B, or you'd be squaring the absolute location of the player... :PB|9_9

Not if you are doing Dist(x2 - x1) :)

On 8/3/2016 at 2:25 AM, Socrates said:

I just eyeball it.

Oh boy don't even get me started.

Im wondering about no 1 is talking about pythagoa, it's that simple method :-D

Should be more simple to sit with a compass in Front of your screen and have it set for 50m on minimap but be careful with the Spikes ; -)