Sign in to follow this  
MattersEnd

Graphics look shiny and updated?

So I've been away or over 3 months and the new v7 trailer looks like the graphics have substantially changed. They look shinier (AA) and just better overall. I did not notice anything specific about graphic improvements in the preview notes tho. Any insight? Hopefully devs are not pulling an EA on us with "in game" footage that is actually heavily edited to look nicer! xD

Changes to lighting, perhaps some post process and also there will be more Anti Aliasing solutions. You can also bump up the resolution scale, or just use SweetfX

And UE4.12 upgrade coming our way with  V7. 

Squad has been made compatible with the newest version of the Unreal Engine, and along with this comes a whole host of optimisations and improvements including dynamic foliage density and adaptive property replication. Both of these alone allow us to make a lot of savings on the client and server end when it comes to performance. Combined with many engine-level bug-fixes, 4.12 allows us to take that one step closer to having a smoothly running game for all coming into the new patch.

I've always thought the entire game looked way too shiny, mud walls seem shiny, soldiers are shiny, weapons too, everything looks like it has been scrubbed and polished. :D

The game always looked amazing imo but now it looking  even better than amazing !
plus a lot of new AA options is coming to V7:

6 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

I've always thought the entire game looked way too shiny, mud walls seem shiny, soldiers are shiny, weapons too, everything looks like it has been scrubbed and polished. :D

That is what armies do scrub and polish stuff.

4 hours ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

That is what armies do scrub and polish stuff.

And the insurgent weapons look appropriately beat-up and shitty.

12 hours ago, MattersEnd said:

So I've been away or over 3 months and the new v7 trailer looks like the graphics have substantially changed. They look shinier (AA) and just better overall. I did not notice anything specific about graphic improvements in the preview notes tho. Any insight? Hopefully devs are not pulling an EA on us with "in game" footage that is actually heavily edited to look nicer! xD

Yeah, I noticed this, too. Look much, much nicer. I hope that's how it'll actually look on my comp :P

Edited by fatalsushi

If the game has a visual update and the AA works, I may stop with some of the SweetFX effects and use Squads.

But it has to look nicer than this.
08Q2V3v.jpg

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

If the game has a visual update and the AA works, I may stop with some of the SweetFX effects and use Squads.

But it has to look nicer than this.
08Q2V3v.jpg

That (green) grass still gives me eye cancer, looks like 2005 :D It's missing a greenish ground texture, shadows etc - I hope that will be sorted out someday. 

10 minutes ago, carmikaze said:

It's missing a greenish ground texture

There is greenish ground texture in the middle of the green grass area. What might be missing is the grass should be dry/yellowish on the outer areas of the grass area.

2 hours ago, invisible.nin/SINE said:

There is greenish ground texture in the middle of the green grass area. What might be missing is the grass should be dry/yellowish on the outer areas of the grass area.

The current ground texture doesn't help (example pic above), it's still looking out of place and unnatural. It's also the grass itself that looks kind of weird (if you look at how it grows out of the ground). :)

The game will look much better when they improve on vegetation, all the trees look terrible with their + shape, grass and bushes look terrible as well. Anyone know when these improvements will happen?

There was a big change a few months ago where all of a sudden everyone was complaining about how blurry things had become and pixelated. A patch was released and fixed it slightly. There was a noticeable change at that point though.

On 3 August 2016 at 6:25 AM, carmikaze said:

That (green) grass still gives me eye cancer, looks like 2005 :D It's missing a greenish ground texture, shadows etc - I hope that will be sorted out someday. 

The cancer comment isn't helpful or very considerate bud

i can't really say that SQUAD looks good, at any setting.

for some reason the game is always either extremely blurry/washed (AA still not working correctly in V7 i guess) out or

there is too much "flickering", especially on maps with large amounts of flora, SQUAD instantly gives me a headache...