Sign in to follow this  
BlackDog1247

Crewman School

Okay, so it's still early in the game, and Tanks, and IFV's are not in the picture yet. However I thought it would be a reasonable idea to get ahead of the curve before the tanks come out, and shoot out this idea to process a "school/boot camp", or classroom time training along with the release of armored vehicles in the future. I loved the aspect Americas Army brought with training, and I hope maybe the devs here could look into that. In America's Army 2 you had to get training to operate the HWMMV, which was awesome, because then everybody knew its characteristics, and what it was capable of. It consisted of some classroom learning, and actually going through a course with an instructor in your ear telling you  what to do like boot camp. I believe this would be a great help to others to get a "boot camp" essentially to be able to operate Armored Vehicles, and essentially get "certified" like in America's Army 2. I loved the training aspect and certification aspect of America's Army, hopefully the devs can shed some light on this idea?

like they are not planning any AI's , I don't think NPC's as trainers would be something they are working / will work on.

I just see a training course a waste of time in a game like that , which isn't a simulator btw

A few simillar ideas have been posted in the past, I've always thought that a tutorial before you get to use vehicles in live games would be a great thing. I've seen a lot of negative reactions to these proposals though, it seems like many people think it goes against the 'pick up and play' nature of the game, so I guess you'll either have to join empty servers with your friends to try out different vehicles in the future (if you're actually a decent guy who wants to try out a vehicle but doesn't want to waste tickets in live game), or you'll go into live servers and potentially waste a ton of tickets over and over and over (since there will be a lot of people wanting to try out the vehicles) until everybody learns how to use them.

I say a moderately long mandatory tutorial would at least make sure that everyone who's driving has actually tried out the vehicle beforehand, and that's only in the best interest of everybody else.