Chuc

Update: Alpha 7 Major Changes Preview

2 minutes ago, Ti0mat said:
49 minutes ago, MeanMike said:

Can you steal enemy vehicles?

Really good question. I'd think not, but man would that be awesome if you could.

Only if you're the new Locksmith class.

3 hours ago, MintyWolf said:

Long post

I'm really sorry if you got offended by my words man. You're right, it was indeed insulting and elitist. Please accept my apologize for it - My bad.

Something I haven't seen addressed yet (that or I missed it) is whether there's going to be an option to repair the vehicle. I mean if you take fall damage or get winged but do not need bandaging, a medic can fix you up. With these vehicles that are expensive resources, if they take damage... how do we fix them? Or are they damaged forever until they're destroyed (at which point your squad faces an 8 minute penalty for losing the vehicle)? Perhaps parking it near a FOB or in Main to slowly get repaired? Or someone like in BF4 with the torch to "repair" the vehicle? Not sure what exactly the answer is, but if squads are penalized for losing a vehicle, then you'd think there'd be some option there to reward squads who were smart and effective with their vehicles, vs encouraging SLs to just dump a damaged vehicle at a FOB/Main to let someone else grab it (and likely lose it due to the damage) just so they don't get penalized.

Also, while I see that logistics are there for FOB building, other than a 2.5 minute penalty to activate the FOB as a spawn, I'm not seeing anything that will prevent a 3 man team from laying down stealth FOBs around the map that can then be used as they currently are after a 2.5 minute delay. So while this will stop a YOLO FOB that's placed poorly out of dire necessity (due to an inability to get logistics to it - am thinking in the tunnels on Fools Road), it won't do anything to prevent a FOB that was placed down 3 minutes ago from being used exactly as they currently are today.

Last question. How are these vehicles going to handle going "off road" ? Just curious as to how this will affect supplying a FOB and FOB placement. Rarely are FOBs placed near roads in A6. Sometimes, but they're usually placed off in remote places so they're not found. This would be an issue for supplies as logistics get implemented.

Edited by Ti0mat

1 hour ago, MeanMike said:

Can you steal enemy vehicles?

i don't think a U.S soldier is trained to drive a Russian BTR

29 minutes ago, HopeLess said:

So is it still valid

that update will be in early august?

Unless the devs announce something nothing has changed.

About this time last year we got to play Squad for the first time and it blew our minds. Much like BF1942 redefined multiplayer gaming for me at the time, Squad did the same last year. 

Hold on to your pants folks; it looks like we have some more serious blowing of our minds incoming! 

fan va bra! Me like, more IS more! Feels like a gamechanger coming ..... 8)

fgafgaiufgzaldf d HYPPEEE

However I think that it would be cool if the Militia had access to the G3s too

23 minutes ago, Jazzpirat said:

fgafgaiufgzaldf d HYPPEEE

However I think that it would be cool if the Militia had access to the G3s too

Don't they?

edit:

guess not huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

I'm going to stay awake till the V7 release. I have informed my wife that if I die cuz of lack of sleep she will sue you. When will the V7 release? :)

So excited!! Still a bit disappointed that an infinite number of FOBs can be placed without logistics. Hopefully that is just temporary.

My issues with unlimited FOBs here:

1 hour ago, Zhenya said:

Why would they? They're Eastern European.

But what about the other guys fighting in the desert?