Chuc

Update: Alpha 7 Major Changes Preview

9 minutes ago, Dubs said:

Wait a minute....I just noticed the new flag
bdOsRnN.jpg
New militia flag?

Dude look under the vehicles, there you can also see it ;)

EDT: This is what I mean

vehicletypes.jpg

1 minute ago, koschilein said:

Dude look under the vehicles, there you can also see it ;)

LOL...Well, I completely looked past that, was too busy focusing on respawn timers and ticket loss count haha.

7 minutes ago, Dundish said:

This week or next? 

That can not be a hard question to answer.

Dude that's been answered at least twice in this thread

edit: nvm ig not but it's been answered on these forums multiple times. To answer your question though, it should release sometime this week

Edited by Hashbrown

Love the update devs and can't wait to play the massive changes in game but.......

What does this mean with regards fobs?

'Spawning is active immediately, but without logistical support it is a 2.5 minute wait time before the spawn becomes active'

Now it is either active for spawning immediately or it isn't. Which is it? If the fob is gaining resources at 1pt/sec does it mean that only fobs with more than 150pts can be spawned at?

I guess by 'logistical support' you mean supplies have been dropped at the fob to negate the 2.5 minutes spawn delay but it's not clear what 'logistics support' actually means in this regard.

Will the map show fobs that still have an active spawn delay? 

14 minutes ago, Dundish said:

This week or next? 

That can not be a hard question to answer.

I guess that nobody know´s, not even the dev´s. That is how software/game development works. You find bugs and fix them and maybe new ones occur. Because of that the dev´s mostly wont tell us any dates I guess, because something can go wrong and then a lot of people are mad at them.

Just now, koschilein said:

I guess that nobody know´s, not even the dev´s. That is how software/game development works. You find bugs and fix them and maybe new ones occur. Because of that the dev´s mostly wont tell us any dates I guess, because something can go wrong and then a lot of people are mad at them.

Not true if you're a AAA title these days. Fck the quality it's the deadline that counts for them.

Time for my monthly critique:

First of all, the vehicles look really good. First thing I noticed in the .gif header was the swinging tow cable, which looks nice if a bit less stiff than most real tow cables. Though I'm not sure about the BTR-80 being the first choice for the Slavic factions, I can't honestly think of something that's more accurate as well as less powerful. Slavic doctrines have always focused a lot on motorized/mechanized warfare, so it makes sense they've got nothing truly comparable to a HMMWV. I guess when penetration will be added for vehicle damage it'll be balanced out; BTRs are tin cans after all. 

To me, the logistics system seems smart. It's simple and benefits everyone who's willing to communicate and work as a team while handicapping those who don't wish to play the game as it's meant to be played. Whether or not it works when put into effect I don't know, but it seems like it should.

The claiming system is, once again, really damn smart. I especially like how it penalizes those who abandon vehicles away from friendly positions, thus making lone wolfers think twice before taking a heavy asset and driving off into the sunset. However, I wonder: is there any built-in protection from a cool down timer in the event you're killed and your vehicle cannot be retrieved but is still alive? I remember playing PR once and being killed during an artillery barrage while repairing my APC, and we never could get back to it in time. Really hope something like this is thought up, as it would be a bummer for people who died playing the game right to get stuck with a suspension meant for people who don't play by the books.

I feel the same way about the radial menu as I did last time it was presented: it could stand to be a little less opaque. The style is simple and helpful, but the fact that you can't see through it at all is a bit of an odd choice. I believe a dev agreed with me in the last update thread, so if that's the truth then I can look forward to seeing some change, but right now it just blocks the screen in a way that's uncomfortable.

Hot damn do those DShKM firing animations look good! Can't wait to use that beast in game, though I dread having to stand and use it thanks to those goofy Soviet pole tripods. In additionm, has trhe SKS been changed since it was last shown? it looks like it's a bit rounder in the grip area, which gives it less of a video game model look and brings the realism up a bit. 

Now, I think the G3 is worth being noted on its own because it has a WebM dedicated to it. I see that there are two different models: both the G3A3 and the G3A4. I was wondering: will the weapon system be randomized as to which you choose, and if that's the case, will we see the reintroduction of the AKM/AKMS random spawn in this update? Will there be mixing and matching between the models, so that some G3A3s have wide handguards and some G3A4s have thin handguards? Will the furniture always be green, or will there be any love for black furniture? And, just an idiosyncrasy I happened to notice: in the reload animation, your character rips the magazine straight down out of the magazine well, but he clearly rocks it in. As far as I know, magazines in the G3 have to be rocked out as well, so hopefully this will be changed in the future. The rest of the reload looks very well done though, and doesn't feel like something that's been slowed down for the sake of slower gameplay. It feels methodical rather than forced. 

I really cannot wait to see Yehorivka. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the map that's based on Ukraine, right? I remember seeing that one was based on Ukraine long ago, but I have since forgotten which one it is. It looks good either way, and it promotes the new play style, so I expect to see a lot of it for awhile.

Chora night looks really, really good. I'm not sure I'll like the bright lighting of Gorodok dusk, but I can tell Chora will be fun right away. 

Can't wait to play the update. Hopefully it'll be as fun as it looks and will give some much-needed content to keep the community patient. 

24 minutes ago, koschilein said:

The internal testing of the V7 was last week. So I think they have all the data they need. I hope...

Great update, looks damn epic. Lots of new things to test out for everyone.

Also - that wall of text above yo. TLDR ;)

New map looks brilliant.  But needs to be bigger :-)

Old map revamps look brilliant.

Cannot wait to see how vehicles and new mechanics work out!

I'm hoping for trackir support as well, or at least freelook since i read somewhere that trackir support is coming but might not be in this patch.

Hoping for a fix for AMD users as well so those people can get on board...

1 minute ago, Dundish said:

The internal testing of the V7 was last week. So I think they have all the data they need. I hope...

Probably still tweaking. It's like their masterpiece and will never be truely finished.

I really like the automatic claiming system, hopefully other squads can't enter the gunner position either + in the future your SL should be able to kick people from the vehicle. Nothing stops a fast deployment better than a blueberry occupying the last seat a squad needs.

22 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

And, just an idiosyncrasy I happened to notice: in the reload animation, your character rips the magazine straight down out of the magazine well, but he clearly rocks it in. As far as I know, magazines in the G3 have to be rocked out as well, so hopefully this will be changed in the future. The rest of the reload looks very well done though, and doesn't feel like something that's been slowed down for the sake of slower gameplay. It feels methodical rather than forced. 

I sure wish it wasn't this long since I last had a G3 in hands so I could be a bit more confident in what I'm saying. If memory serves me correctly the G3 acts the same as the G36, if you push the mag release paddle correctly it should come out without applying a whole lot of force to it, just has to be dragged out as part of a safety mechanism. Maybe these intricacies are best answered by someone who has a G3 at hand rather than someone who last used it 7 years ago for a week or two.

One of two things that felt kind of off to me(in the reload animation) is how fluid and weightless pulling back the charging handle and bolt looks in the first part of the animation. It looks to me as if he's just pulling everything back in one swift motion as opposed to first locking the charging handle back and then pulling the bolt back. If you don't get it via text I guess I best refer to PR's way of reloading the G3(maybe it's BF2's way, I don't know), that's how it felt to me. Maybe I'm wrong and the rifle I had was worn out already, it was already 35 years old when I got my hands on it, maybe it's the difference between G3A3(which I was using) and the G3A4(which the video shows).

The other thing is that the user doesn't check how many rounds are left in the magazine when he's pulling it out. Now, when you know for sure that you're empty that's ok, but if want to know whether or not to tactical reload it would be a nice visual touch to have the soldier look at the mag since you can't tell otherwise(at least not with the G3A3).

4 minutes ago, banOkay said:

I really like the automatic claiming system, hopefully other squads can't enter the gunner position either + in the future your SL should be able to kick people from the vehicle. Nothing stops a fast deployment better than a blueberry occupying the last seat a squad needs.

Iirc, your squad members can simply get in and blueberry gets kicked out if theres no more room. Apologies if im wrong, theres a lot flying around these last few days