Chuc

Update: Alpha 7 Major Changes Preview

396 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, ElTyranos said:

Will it be quicker to integrate new vehicules now ? Or is it stillarrow-10x10.png painful ?

Nope, it should go by rather quickly now that the vehicle system is in. :)

It's going to be interesting how game play strategies will change with vehicles implemented. I wonder if someone will try a strategy of blitzkrieg. Just push and put pressure asap to the opposition. Just send everyone to the front lines and have one squad go around capturing the points behind them. It could also back fire and leave their supply lines thin, which may lead to back captures. Ultimately, leading to defeat.

Edited by Ghost Assassin

1 minute ago, RollingInTheHurt said:

*Yawn*

Can't wait to play those vehicles at 20fps...

Oh please get out...

3 minutes ago, RollingInTheHurt said:

*Yawn*

Can't wait to play those vehicles at 20fps...

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

UE4 4.12 has some threading things etc which will help AMD.

Also this may make you happy as well.

"Specifically addressed by Epic finally.
They are creating their own equalizer in engine which will address the specific inabilities of specific AMD processors.
Keep in mind.. Squad has a crazy soundscape.. we were just the pour suckers that exposed a pre existing issue by using complex sound configurations. There is a low quality sound switch to deal with until we get revised mixer from epic.
cheers!"

Source 
https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/4v11qw/how_does_this_game_run_so_poorly_on_my_pc/

Patience man, don't have to be overly negative all the time.

Just now, Zhenya said:

He has a valid point.

I have an AMD CPU myself and I don´t always cry about it like him... everyone on the Squad team should lay down their work, go the the epic games office and fight them until they have better AMD performance in the unreal 4 engine then I guess?

5 minutes ago, koschilein said:

I have an AMD CPU myself and I don´t always cry about it like him... everyone on the Squad team should lay down their work, go the the epic games office and fight them until they have better AMD performance in the unreal 4 engine then I guess?

I''m right along with him. I am an AMD user and am not complaining. In fact I love this game! Yes, I wish the game had better fps but in all of good time. It will be fixed and when it does, we can all rejoice.

So... No need to work with map anymore? Instead if looking for reference points and calculating distance SL just slaps it wherever he wants?

24 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

So... No need to work with map anymore? Instead if looking for reference points and calculating distance SL just slaps it wherever he wants?

The info I added was in correct, based on a prior idea, let's try this:

markers have no visual distance to them that is dependent on the watcher. All squad members can see updated markers for the first 5 seconds of placing them.

orienteering in games ftw.

26 minutes ago, Zhenya said:

He has a valid point.

We know that, but he has made like 800 posts already that his AMD performance is crap. I'm sure that somewhere between post 1 and 5 of his and the ~thousands of other posts by AMD users the dev team has gotten the message that AMD performance sucks dick. So his other 795 posts on AMD performance are useless(they don't contribute anything) and a nuisance(because the team is aware of it) to boot.

Just now, Litoralis said:

markers only work within visual range of the person looking at the marker.

and markers can only be placed by SL's in their line of sight, so it is limited in it's placement, and it's visibility, to maintain the value of being able to read a fooking map.  (that isn't on your cell phone)

orienteering in games ftw.

Some kind of finger pointing?

1 hour ago, ElTyranos said:

Will it be quicker to integrate new vehicules now ? Or is it still painful ?

They said on Reddit that they already have a Russian tracked vehicle almost ready.

Very nice update guys, can't wait.

But what about the weather system? Based on real live locations? We havent heard about it for while now

38b.jpg

OMFG this looks amazing !!!! so much content. a lot more than i expected TBH.

PS - Oh yeah almost forgot: Chora Night and new US models looks so sexy!! THIS-IS-WAR

1 hour ago, Zhenya said:

He has a valid point.

No he doesn't unless he's played v7. How does he know he'll get 20 fps after the updates?

9 minutes ago, KimboCake said:

Very nice update guys, can't wait.

But what about the weather system? Based on real live locations? We havent heard about it for while now

The last time I read about it a dev said that the company making that system is still having some troubles with the full implementation to the UE 4 and that they (squad dev´s) will wait for it to work better.

5 minutes ago, Zhenya said:

Because with the way the game runs now, it'll probably get worse with the addition of vehicles? How is that hard to understand

They changed the engine from UE 4.11 to UE4.12 so there is that... Maybe it will be worse, maybe it won´t. The dev´s know that the AMD performance could be better and always just beeing an a** does not help anyone.

Instead of maybe saying: "Nice so much new stuff for us to play around!!!" He always comes around complaining about something EVERYONE that is longer active in this forum then for 1 months knows about.

He is like the child in the back of the car always asking "are we there yet?!" every 5 minutes of a 6 hour + trip.

4 minutes ago, Zhenya said:

Because with the way the game runs now, it'll probably get worse with the addition of vehicles? How is that hard to understand

It's not hard to understand but also is not proven to be true either unless he's played v7.

1 minute ago, JimmyJazz said:

WHEN?!

When Ready ®

There are no official date right now but it's so close we can smell it. 

3 minutes ago, koschilein said:

He is like the child in the back of the car always asking "are we there yet?!" every 5 minutes of a 6 hour + trip.

ROFL