Allan Davidson

Unified Screen (result, Map Voting And Loading)

This is another suggestion that I made to PR2 Dev Team a year ago, and had no response.

To put simple, the idea is to have a unified screen between rounds, a screen that is functional, useful and interactive, not static. 

In PR:BF2, when the round ends, you have the result screen. In this screen, everybody keeps swearing and screaming like little girls, while complain about their useless squad. In this screen nothing can be done, and you have to wait for the loading screen, where (again), nothing can be done. You can only talk/text someone when you are IN the next map, and then you need to rush 2 minutes to assemble squads, make a strategy, speak to everyone, give orders, and go.

My suggestion is to have a single screen, between the previous and the next round. In this screen, players would be able to do useful stuff (instead of just scream and blame), players would be able to vote the next map, and while the next game is being loaded, be able to scramble squads, chose roles, positions, reserve assets, and other stuffs. When the game is loaded, and the server is ready, player just click "OK" to deploy. This way the teams do not lose time organizing squads and fighting for assets, and no countdown is needed, which means more time spent playing instead of waiting.

A peasant image made on MS paint

Q4Nkjtb.png

Also, this is something that would make vote maps better, because:

1) It would not require available admins online (can be automated);

2) Admins will be free of this duty;

3) It will feature more possibilities than 2 or 3 options provided by admin;

4) It will not distract players or flood in-game chat;

5) Allows more interactivity on voting, featuring balances and 2nd vote option;

6) Democracy (point valid in Western);

And something like this to the map voting screen (I know it sucks, it was made on MS Paint).

w6t4722.png

After the next map is decided, the bottom area change to something like this.

epS40ox.png

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention about autonomous map vote, made by the server itself. The server will have a standard map sequence (look at the map cycle green box on upper-left) that will rotate by a variety of maps (decided by server). But, if people chose to, the standard map sequence can be canceled if a minimum of % (predetermined by server, I think at least 25% is a good number) of players successfully vote in a valid map.

Example: The next map in rotation is Al Basrah, and there is 80 players online. If one map (lets take Silent Eagle) get at least 30 votes, then the standard sequence is cancelled, and Silent Eagle is set to the next map. I believe 30 seconds is enough to map vote.

After that, the bottom menu will change to the next map parameters (in that case, Silent Eagle), and players will be able to chose in what conditions they want to play. 30 seconds must be enough too.

Also, if no other map achieve more than the needed % of votes, players will still be able to vote the parameters of the next standard rotation map (in this case, Al Basrah).

Hope you guys like it. I will make a animation to illustrate my idea better, because I feel like images are not enough.

This is another suggestion that I made to PR2 Dev Team a year ago, and had no response.

To put simple, the idea is to have a unified screen between rounds, a screen that is functional, useful and interactive, not static. 

In PR:BF2, when the round ends, you have the result screen. In this screen, everybody keeps swearing and screaming like little girls, while complain about their useless squad. In this screen nothing can be done, and you have to wait for the loading screen, where (again), nothing can be done. You can only talk/text someone when you are IN the next map, and then you need to rush 2 minutes to assemble squads, make a strategy, speak to everyone, give orders, and go.

My suggestion is to have a single screen, between the previous and the next round. In this screen, players would be able to do useful stuff (instead of just scream and blame), players would be able to vote the next map, and while the next game is being loaded, be able to scramble squads, chose roles, positions, reserve assets, and other stuffs. When the game is loaded, and the server is ready, player just click "OK" to deploy. This way the teams do not lose time organizing squads and fighting for assets, and no countdown is needed, which means more time spent playing instead of waiting.

A peasant image made on MS paint (plz do not consider "PR2")

Posted Image

Also, this is something that would make vote maps better, because: 1) It would not require available admins online (can be automated); 2) Admins will be free of this duty; 3) It will feature more possibilities than 2 or 3 options provided by admin; 4) It will not distract players or flood in-game chat; 5) Allows more interactivity on voting, featuring balances and 2nd vote option; 6) Democracy (point valid in Western);

And something like this to the map voting screen (I know it sucks, it was made on MS Paint).

Posted Image

After the next map is decided, the bottom area change to something like this.

Posted Image

Hope you guys like it. I will make a animation to illustrate my idea better, because I feel like images are not enough.

Damn i like that map voting/chat screen! Also nice Paint skills haha.

Yes.

Nothing more to add than that really, just 'yes'. It's a brilliant idea! 

Edit: Just thought of something, maybe being able to switch between the map voting and stats screens would be better than a transition?

Yes.

Nothing more to add than that really, just 'yes'. It's a brilliant idea! 

Edit: Just thought of something, maybe being able to switch between the map voting and stats screens would be better than a transition?

Only once you've voted, then stare at your amazing score.

I like it! If they get around to implementing DLC there could be toggles at the top of that world map that toggle between WW2, Vietnam and Modern and whatever else there ends up being. When you toggle between time periods the map could change to reflect the style at the time.

I like this! Although my only problem with a truly democratic system like this is the maps that the majority dislike would never get picked.

I like this! Although my only problem with a truly democratic system like this is the maps that the majority dislike would never get picked.

I suppose this is true. Could simply pull a map from the voting list for 5-7 matches after being played.

@Darman, @Ivory, @Wing, Actually, I was thinking this week, to only display the Theaters initially, and after the Theater is chosen, players vote the desired map/layout.I think this turn out to be better, because imagine this situation: 30 maps being voted and people spreading their votes to their favorite maps, and the winner happens to be 4 votes, and this winner map is a map that everyone that not voted on it does not to play it. This is why I think it is better to filter the Theater first.Example:First you available: Iraq, Afghan, Kuwait, Amazon, ISIS... people vote for the scenario that they want to play.After the Theater is chosen (let's say it is Iraq), the people chose the map: Karbala, Bagdad, Fallujah, Tikrit, Al Basrah...And then people vote the parameters, like Time of Day, layout, and other factors.This way people will have useful options to vote, instead of wasting their votes on maps without a chance.EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention about autonomous map vote and map cycle! Added to the OP.

Very nice idea, this is certainly doable.

When we get the time we will try to get something like this in game.

The theatre idea is neat. I'd like it to be categorised by environment.

For example:

• Middle East: Desert/Urban
  • Europe: Woodlands/Urban
  • Asia: Marches/Urban
  • South America: Jungle/Urban

When players want to reserve assets, such as in this intial screen, can it be a lottery? Two players want the CAS squad, they enter the lotto, one gets it. This way it's not just the one who makes the squad/ clicks the asset selection button fastest.

In order to make the initial squad assembly fair for everyone, it is required a pool system.

When the next map is decided, and while game is loading, all the squads will be locked until the 3m mark, so players need to choose their roles (Fireteam, Transport, Recon, Vehicle Support, Combat Vehicle...) and enter in their respective Role Pool before joining a squad.

Lets take for example CAS in a map with 1x single-seat Fighter Jet, 1x two-seat Attack jet, and 2x two-seat Attack Helicopter. That 7 seats available for CAS in that specific map. The players in the CAS pool can apply for the desired seat and dispute it with other players. If more than one player want the Fighter Jet seat, they can solve it by text/voice chat or simple enter in the lottery for the seat. If at least one player require a lottery for a specific seat, the lottery will happens, and at the 3m mark all the winner players will be automatically moved to their respective squads (in CAS players case, the Aerial Combat squad).

Another Example: I want to be an APC gunner. I will chose the Mechanized Infantry role, and will join its pool. While in the pool, I will request the gunner seat of one of the BTRs available. I will dispute this seat with other 2 mates, and at 3m mark the lottery runs and I win the seat, so I were auto assigned to the Armored Transport squad and a message states "You win the dispute and were assigned to the Armored Transport squad", so now I can deploy, gear up, and enter an APC.

The others who lose the seat dispute will not be assigned to no squad and a message will state "You lost the dispute", so now they have to search for free slots in other squads, deploy and gear up.

Another Example: I want to be a Tricky Shot Snipar. I will chose the INF Sniper role, and will join its pool. While in the pool, I will request one of the 2 (or 4?) Sniper issue available on the map. I will dispute this issue with other 20 mates, and at 3m mark the lottery runs and I win the issue, so a message states "You win the dispute and were issued with a Sniper privileges", so now I can deploy, gear up with my 360 no scope snipa and rush to a mountain.

The others who lose the issue dispute will not be assigned to no squad and a message will state "You lost the dispute", so now they have to search for free slots in other squads, deploy and gear up.

I know it may sound a bit complicated and restrictive, but it is not.

And what if a clan or group want to do CAS/Armour/Specific INF and still stay together?

I think the current PR system gives you more freedom, yet something as above must be introduced to deal with multiple request on specific role.

Are you trying to force people to vote?

What are you some kind of Communist... from Australia?

We don't condone that level of inclusiveness round these parts,...

Are you trying to force people to vote?

What are you some kind of Communist... from Australia?

We don't condone that level of inclusiveness round these parts,...

You do understand that if you don't want to vote you don't have to, right?

Dammit Ostboll, you said it yourself.

You know I have noticed an unreasonably large portion of the Squad community is incapable of discerning whether or not something is a joke...

Dammit Ostboll, you said it yourself.

I... W... Th... .... I'll pay you fifty bucks and we'll pretend this never happened

i like it! it is very good idea!

if this idea apply in SQUAD, i wanna addition random select button